Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted June 06, 2016
My youngest goes here, and it is absolutely wonderful! The office staff is amazing, as well as the teachers. I have had kids here for 6 years. The teachers are loving, and caring. Great school! Much, much better than its reputation!

Posted April 27, 2016
A lot of the information that you find about this being a poverty-stricken school is outdated and not a current reflection of the true population. When I moved to May Valley in The Woodlands, I was very skeptical to have my children attend this school because of a few dated reviews that I read on this website. I contemplated sending them to private school, despite the outrageous cost. Our experience at Cedric Smith has been wonderful. The teachers, faculty, and children are an absolute blessing.

Posted August 17, 2014
Smith Elementary had a banner year in 2013-2014. So many celebrations! The school earned two distinction designations from the Texas Education Agency. The most in the entire district! One of their teachers, Dion Rivera, earned the district teacher of the year and then was recently announced as the Regional Teacher of the Year! The principal, Letty Roman, was selected to attend a leadership program, sponsored by Raise Your Hand Texas, at Harvard University this summer. Great things keep happening! It's a wonderful school to attend. I'm so glad I've had the privilege of sending my son there. I'm looking forward to another banner year!

Posted March 02, 2014
I really can not say enough good things about this Smith. Last year was our first year in Magnolia ISD. My now 6th grader came into 5th grade behind everyone else (we moved here from Louisiana). I can not thank the teachers enough for helping him not only catch up....but excel. We are now at BB 6 (which we LOVE!) and making A's & B's. Our 2nd grader at Smith is also having a great experience in the gifted class. From the principle to the office staff to the teachers, we have been truly blessed to be in this district. I was very unsure at first about MISD, but, it's one of the blessings of living in the back of The Woodlands.

Posted February 12, 2014
I am amazed at the quality of teachers at this school. I could not be happier with the quality of education that my children are receiving at Smith! The PTO also seems to work very hard to provide lots of fun activities for the children. We love Smith Elementary!

Posted January 18, 2014
I truly love working at this school. This is the third school have worked at in my teaching career, and the principal makes it a wonderful place to go each day. In the past this school has not had the best reputation, but in the past few years the excellent leadership has really turned things around. The atmosphere is positive, teachers work as a team, and students are engaged and making great strides each day. Give Smith a chance because it is a great place to be!

Cedric C Smith 4

Posted January 07, 2014
We chose to reside in May Valley, on the edge of The Woodlands and Magnolia because we wanted our kids to benefit from a more diverse public education experience than they would have received in The Woodlands proper. Were we a little nervous about our kids attending Smith? Initially, yes. But Principal Letty Roman's leadership and care for the kids, and the teaching staff she has recruited, quelled any concerns we had. Our second grader has been in good hands since kindergarten there and we love, love, love Smith Elementary. Several parents opted to try sending their kids to charter schools, and then returned when they realized how good Smith is. And it keeps getting better.

Cedric C Smith 4

Posted August 31, 2013
As a parent of a new kindergartener this school year, I was quite nervous as to be expected! I can say that the first day and first week of his new school experience couldn't have gone smoother! I was so pleased with the organization and the quality of the teachers that I met. The principal was so welcoming to us and other families. Looking forward to a great year here!

Posted August 19, 2013
We live in May Valley in the back of The Woodlands. My children have attended Smith for 3 years now and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the education and the attention they receive. This school has an amazing, caring atmosphere and there's not a bad teacher in the entire building! The PTO works so hard to make sure these kids get all the little extras and it's been a pleasure watching it grow.

Posted August 16, 2013
Having been a former teacher myself in 3 different districts (big and small), I chose to move to Magnolia over the Montgomery and Woodlands school districts. I wanted the small town environment, but truly hoped for quality academics. I wasn't disappointed in Smith!! I have 2 children in the elementary school and every year they have had fabulous and encouraging teachers. My son is in the GT program and he feels challenged. I have volunteered in a variety of capacities and have found the leadership to be kind and encouraging as well. They not only know the kids' names, but also their quirks and strengths. I'm put out when I hear the complaints of the large hispanic population as the ESL classes have not hindered my children's education, but have simply added a cultural perspective my kids would otherwise have not had. I highly recommend Smith!

Cedric C Smith
P O Box 1166, Magnolia, TX  77353
Last modified Cedric C Smith is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.