Missouri City, TX
Students enrolled: 1,316

Thurgood Marshall High School 5

Posted April 30, 2014
my school strives to give the children the foundation they need for successful careers. I have been a parent fhere beginn from 2005 and must say thatthat graduate wnt on to coplete her graduate studies at Harvard University School School of Law!! is now a well sought after atorney but also a well rounded citizen who loves community service and believes in giving back!! Thanks TMHS!!!!!

Posted March 31, 2014
I was long term sub for two months. Really worse experience ever in my life. This school is made for those who has no aim in their life. Students are promoted to not to work and learn. Teacher support them to have free grades. Parents are concerned about their kids grades rather than their knowledge. Really they just care for their grades. Most of teacher are subbing there. Most of the classes have no permanent teacher for 6-8 months. Parents if you love your kid do not choose this school.

Posted December 21, 2012
I graduated from Thurgood Marshall in 2009. And it certainly did not prepare me for college. Of course I was a star athelete and had multiple scholarship offers in football, but all my hopes and dreams of letting footbal be my ticket went down the drain after having 2 knee surgeries. There is no community involvement, the moral of the school tended to be low. I am not sure how much it has changed but gangs was a real big ordeal at my time of going to Marshall '05-'09. Since I have been out of High School 80 of my fellow classmates that I know are in jail. And at least 9 have been killed since 2009 (currently 2012). It is not totaly the school or the teachers fault. The district adds fuel to the demise of Thurgood Marshall, by not paying it any attention and most definitely giving it no support what so ever. At one point the school had started to pick up and become "succesful", but the district does not want that for a prodominetly African-American school. How do I know? Because any minute piece of success or positive light that comes to the school wether it be academic or sports related, count on the district to "re-zone students" or "Reassign adminstrators/teachers".

Posted November 17, 2012
From what I have observed, Marshall is a great school with wonderful teachers, students and an outstanding principal. They have had problems in the past but things have definitely turned around for the better. Bad language, student conduct and parent involvement have all made a tremendous change for the better. Students now enjoy going to the school and student expectations are much higher than ever before.Last year the graduating class of 2012 at Marshall HS had the second highest dollar amount of scholarships awarded in FBISD. Marshall is on the right path to become one of the most outstanding schools in Fort Bend ISD. GREAT JOB BUFFS! Keep up the good work!

Posted August 05, 2010
If you are looking for a school that is going to challenge your child with a High School level curriculum, then go elsewhere!!! Marshall is a complete cake walk when it comes to teaching. In my English IV class we learned for 2 weeks about compound sentences..... seriously. Almost all of the teachers are there just to get there paycheck, so don't tell me how much the they are committed. All in all, Marshall is for a fact a below average school. I believe most 7th curriculum would surpass Marshall's 12th graders.

Posted April 25, 2010
TMHS is a very good high school. The administration is committed to student excellence. The teachers are committed to educating the students placed in their charge. As a teacher of elective classes, I want to teach and not have to handle the discipline problems of students who do not want to learn and refuse to learn. Because they do not wan to learn, they disrupt the instructional time of their classmates. This also results in low TAKS scores. In several of my classes, I have great students and they enjoy learning the subjects. When the disruptive students are absent, I accomplish what I want to students to learn for the day. In order for us to do our jobs, parents have to do their job and not come up to the school and act unprofessional and disrespectful to the teacher. Remember we are their to educate your children.

Posted November 08, 2009
This school has no sound leadership and coupled with total disorder is a formula for failure . But I'm not going to put all the blame on the administration because half of the problems are sorry, lazy, disrespectful students that disrupt the classroom and keep the astute ones from learning.

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted September 22, 2009
My son has attended since 9th grade and is a senior this year. He is in the engineering program and participates in sports. He has received a good education in my view and the teachers he has had are very qualified and supportive. One complaint is all of the district's administrative rules/guidelines that seem to be administered so harshly to all instead of focusing on the bad apples. Unfortunately, there is a one size fits all approach.The school has areas for improvement, but I believe this principle is trying to address those issues. Parent's should stay on the administration to make sure students' needs are met.

Posted September 08, 2009
This school is totally incompetent. My son started school on Aug. 8, 2009 and now it is Sept. 9, 2009 and still he has no textbooks. This is totally unacceptable and unprofessional. This type of attitude and situation setup students for failure. Whenever I call about this problem, I get some lame excuse 'They will be issued tomorrow or next week'.

Thurgood Marshall High School
1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City, TX  77489
Last modified Thurgood Marshall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thurgood Marshall High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top