Posted December 20, 2013
We moved our children to WPMA after a poor experience with administration at a previous preschool. Our elementary-aged son is gifted and has ADHD and we found it the perfect environment for him. Ms. Mehnaz worked to find the best ways to help him focus and learn to his full potential at his pace, something the Montessori style achieves much better than current public school methods. Our youngest is still a toddler but she is happy, healthy, and surprises us often with what she knows and how independent she is. The staff is clearly experienced and the whole environment is very calm. Ms. Judy at the front is a treasure. Great school with great teachers. My only wish is that they were more tech-oriented in sharing with parents, but that has improved since we started, and that they had an upper elementary so I wouldn't have to move my kids until middle school!

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is truly amazing thanks to the wonderful and dedicated staff. The teachers actually teach the kids the love of learning and exploring. My 5 Y/O son can have a conversation about geography and books in such a mature way that leaves most people speechless. His reading and writing skills at the age of 5 are equivalent to a second grader. Today I found out that my son passed the kindergarten acceleration test to skip kindergarten and move to first grade. If you know this exam then you know it is meant to fail. My son scored 100% on this exam and I can say that it is all thanks to the teachers who devoted their time and passion to him during the 5 years he has been there. Miss Linda, Miss Anita, Miss Riffat, Miss Mehnaz and the sweet Miss Patricia have given my son skills he will cherish forever. Thank you WPMS!

West Plano Montessori School 3

Posted February 01, 2013
My son goes to this school. Teachers are great!!! They are very loving,caring and academic oriented. Receptionist acts busy always..... as if she runs the whole place!!! Director is down to earth person.. not impressive at first but well disciplined. The main drawback of this place is lack of communications. As a working mom I prefer communications by email or texts and automated payment...Instead they have monthly news letter sent in printed paper along with a yellow payment card, manually stamped!!! For each month GO GREEN!!! One more thing.. Since the back of the school opens to a field with cycling and walking track combined with electrical transformers, school needs to upgrade the security in that area. Last but important ...No flag!! WoW!!

Posted October 21, 2012
This school is absolutely outstanding! I do not have enough words to thank the staff for what they have done for my children. My son started at the North Dallas branch and then continued at West Plano Montessori until he went to first grade. He had some physical special needs and severe feeding issues after he was born. I was worried how the school would handle his needs but he was just thriving under their care! He was reading fluently at the age of three. His physical and feeding issues resolved fully when he was five. When he was six years old, he was a well adjusted, happy boy whose academics were at least at the level of a third grader. He was recently tested in public school and found to be a math genius! He is now attending the gifted and talented program - like many other graduates of West Plano Montessori. I cannot thank his teachers enough who were dedicated to him over the years and allowed his potential to fully unfold. He would not be where he is today had it not been for West Plano Montessori. My daughter is still at school there. She is 3.5. years old, smart as a whip and is starting to read words. She is very happy and loves to go to school every day.

Posted October 07, 2012
My child went here from age 2 to 5 if you are looking for some academic activity, discipline and a loving atmosphere for your child this is the school for you they have been in the business for 30 Years and the experience shows! .children were quiet and busy with their work. She joined in the toddler class they do potty training there as well . Ms Linda and ms Nisha were excellent with my daughter .ms Linda is amazing with all the kids in the after school session as well . My daughter moved to the primary class at 3 .Ms Mersedeh, is a great teacher so loving to the children but gets work done my child really progressed academically -started reading by age 4 . Ms Kerry is also a good teacher firm and the kids love her too. The director runs a tight ship and always shares her experience " respect others and respect yourself" is what she tells the kids. Ms judy the receptionist is so nice and helpful.The only drawback I faced was the lack of email communication everything is paper based in the kids bag. I hope they will remedy that soon! The building is a bit old and dark don't l let that affect you the atmosphere inside is fun, loving & disciplined

Posted July 19, 2012
I can not say enough positive things about West Plano Montessori school. I have 3 children and my first two children went to different preschools in the area. My third child attended West Plano Mostessori starting at age 3 and will now be attending kindergarten in PISD. My third child is hands down better prepared academically and socially for kindergarten than my other children were. The teachers, Ms. Judy and the Director of the school have given my child a very strong foundation and have fostered a true love of learning. West Plano Montessori school is the most innocent and nurturing environment that you can put your child in outside of your home. Without hesitation I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 02, 2012
West Plano Montessori was the first school my son attended so I was very nervous about him attending school at all. After my first school visit I was at complete peace and knew this was the caring environment for my 15 month old. Ms. Judy at the front desk made me feel so comfortable from my first meeting with her. The school is small which was what I was looking for. On most days in the baby room my an was one of five children. The caring and loving attention he received was what gave me the peace I needed to leave him. In addition to love I know my son was learning. He would come home with new words and skills that just amazed me and my husband. I visited many, many schools during my search and West Plano Montessori had the family, homey feeling I was searching for. In addition to their small caring environment I also trusted their Montessori teaching. Montessori is unfortunately not a trademark so to many schools are using the name but not doing the teaching. Do your research! The only reason we are not still with West Plano Montessori is because we moved. I recommend to all parents if your looking for a loving, nurturing environment.

Posted May 23, 2012
We were very nervous about how our 3 yr old daughter will adjust when she started going to West Plano Montessori. On the first day, the teachers received her so warmly and with a genuine affection that I immediately knew she would be ok and she was. I see the same love and affection from the teachers everyday. Our daughter adjusted so nicely and immediately and is so excited to go to her class everyday. I fully credit the teachers for this. Within the first couple of months itself, we can see how much our daughter has learned. She cannot stop talking about her teachers and friends. I think teachers make all the difference in any school and in this school the teachers really make it a wonderful place. This school is highly recommended.

Posted March 14, 2012
It is without reservations that I highly recommed WPMS to each and every parent who considers the Montessori system of education for their child. This school has by far exceeded my expectations of what a good school should offer. The teachers are very experienced and highly qualified in doing their job. At on point, both sons of mine attended this school before my oldest son transffered to the sister school. My younger son started attending the school at the age of 9 months. He is currently 2.5 years and I am impressed by the things he is capable of doing and by his mannerism when he is working on a new life skill or when listening to his teacher while giving him a new lesson. This school provides a very structured and happy environment for it's students. I am so glad I made the decision of enrolling both my sons at WPMS; because my oldest son continues to excell and my youngest continues to surprise my with his his growing confidence and and independence.

Posted July 19, 2011
West Plano Montessori School has been a wonderful experience for our daughter and our family! Every day we are amazed with what our daughter has learned. We are beyond pleased. At WPMS, each teacher takes the time to focus on an individual when it comes to learning a lesson, but at the same time allows them to discover and learn on their own. But, most of all, we love the ways in which WPMS implements the Montessori philosophy of a well-rounded education that teaches our daughter grace and courtesy, how to care for her environment, and a wide range of practical life skills that are helping her develop independence and self-confidence. We love how manners and respect are a daily must. This reinforcement is helpful with what we teach at home. Finally, we are lucky that our daughter is surrounded by such caring and devoted teachers who enjoy what they do and love their students. Thank you WPMS for all you do!

West Plano Montessori School
3425 Ashington Lane, Plano, TX  75023
Last modified West Plano Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
West Plano Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top