San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,211

Posted March 21, 2015
I am a student at luna and it is so awesome there are so many great things there and there this girl who is very unathletic and during P.E the popular girls started cheering her on it was sweet

Posted February 13, 2015
The negative reviews make me sad. My daughter loves Luna. All of her teachers are devoted, excellent teachers. She has flourished in academics and socially. She is active in choir and the program is very well run. I've watched a shy, scared girl entering middle school become an happy, well adapted young lady. That is a reflection of well run school full of amazing teachers.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 22, 2014
Luna Middle School has been a fantastic educational experience for our children. The teachers strive to give the children multiple learning activities. The administration undoubtedly supports the teachers, and the band and sports programs are top notch. Unfortunately, more upset parents are leaving reviews for Luna, so the reviews might seem low. Upset parents usually try and find a way to voice their concern while happy/satisfied parents don't express their gratitude enough. I urge you to visit with some of the parents in the area to find out the truth.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 11, 2014
Do not, listen to me do not!! Bring your kids to this school unless you want to hear them complaint all year long that they hate that school. We moved a lot on the past 8 years and I never heard my son complaint about any school my sister was moving to San Antonio and she stayed in my house until she got hers and my niece hated this school as well my sister end up looking for a house on the north side so she won't have to be in this school district. I'm glad this school year is almost over!

Posted December 20, 2013
I regret living in this school district because of Luna. My daughter is bullied,harrassed and a student told one of the NISD officers that my daughter is causing harm to herself(She is not) and that brought a visit from the Sheriffs office to our house to check on her welfare. This school lacks leadership at the most rudimentary level and the students are treated like garbage. I have given up on this school and am looking to move out of the area, its that bad. If you can avoid sending your child here, please do. I have never been more disgusted with a school in my adult life.

Posted November 12, 2013
Meet the principle night was basically a "This is how I run my ship. Like it or not, I don't care.", speech!! My son is participating in one afternoon club. There was miscommunication on what time he got out. I showed up at the agreed upon time only to find him crying and walking around the front of the school by himself. Turns out I was 25 mins late picking him up. There was no teacher/club leader there with him. He was just left there by himself. He does not have his own cell phone. The teacher did not offer one for him to use, nor did he ask. We handled that and he knows what to do now and I know what time to pick him up but importantly, the doors to the school are on lockdown at 4 pm and NO ONE answers the phones. The teachers for the club just left him there!!! For no one to even offer their phone or take him inside to the office to use the one in there was hideously neglectful. There is a reason this school is only a "Recognized" school and not "Exemplary"! If you don't have to send your son or daughter there, don't! There is absolutely no discipline in this school whatsoever with the students or some of the staff.

Posted November 03, 2013
Luna I have to agree with the majority of the reviews post on here. The principal is lousy and out of touch and on top of that she is always out of the building. Had and issue with a teacher who wasn't helpful and neither was the principal in trying to sort out this problem. Now not all of the teachers are bad...It seems to me the the problem is more with the principal and admin staff. The staff is supposed to ensure that the children succeed and do well. We as parents are supposed to be involved in our children's education which is very hard to do when you are dealing with a principal who is (as one reviewer) put it a dictator. In my dealing with her she wasn't helpful nor was she listening or trying to understand what the problem was. I can't see you being a principal if you are not a people person, understanding, caring or patient it just doesn't go with the job.

Posted October 22, 2013
Luna is a school that looks nice from the outside but bad on the inside. My child was bullied at school and on the bus. The Vice Principal did what he could, but it was not enough. I withdrew my child. My take on Luna is due to the growth in SA, the student population has increased and educators must make a choice, try to control the students in class or in the halls or bus, but they can't choose to do all. I would like to see data on only this 5% mentioned in earlier post, it must be higher. Your kids may flourish in this school, mine did not, As a parent do your children a favor and go visit any school before enrolling, monitor the activity in the hall when classes rotate, see the behavior on the bus, ask other kids. Do not rely on the state tests scores to make your choice on your child s education. My child is forever scared because of Luna, and I bet they could not care less.

Posted September 23, 2013
Luna is horrible. I had to pull my oldest son out last year because the staff REFUSES to address the bullying problem. Now this year I have two there both getting bullied. When you express your concerns they twist it to sound like it's not that bad, then sweep it under the rug. All they're worried about is the schools reputation, not the welfare of the children. Two thumbs down!!!

Posted August 20, 2013
Great Athletics program with many achievements and great athletes that go here. great football, volleyball, track, golf and tennis teams.

Luna Middle School
200 North Grosenbacher Road, San Antonio, TX  78253
Last modified Luna Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luna Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top