Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 18, 2015
This year has been a great year! Great teachers, staff, great parents and a better PTA. The communications is so much better especially now that our school has a facebook page. Also love our monlthy newsletters. We are all enjoying our new attached building. We will soon have two playgrounds. I enjoy attending family nights. We have them at least once a month. It's nice to see families get involved in their children's education.

Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy 2

Posted October 14, 2014
I love the teachers (most of them) I loved the school when my child started 6 years ago, and now I'm disappointed on the family involved activities and there are no fun activities, and if they do get some free time its 20 minutes. I hope when the remolding is done there will be more fun and playtime so kids will be happier and less distracted.

Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy 3

Posted April 28, 2014
Principal has little power, sad to say. She let's the little people step on her toes. I'm not happy there anyone. The sun is not shining anymore at that school. We need a new principal with power. Oh, don't join PTA. Lots of playing around. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy 4

Posted April 17, 2014
School can improve by removing PTA. PTA has been a big joke to all this year. The school is being rebuilt and looks very nice. Great teachers and staff.

Posted January 17, 2014
Our school is being rebuilt. We are all so excited with our new building. So far it's looking good, it looks more colorful. Glad this is happening. Our teachers and students deserve the best!

Posted May 26, 2013
Love the core knowledge curriculum, teachers are great, administration is supportive and have an open door policy. I like the way teachers take the time to know their students and make sure they feel successful. I have been in other schools and I personally think this is one of the best because hard work and dedication can be observed in all.

Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy 4

Posted July 15, 2011
I had all my children go to Hawthorne. They have grown up to be wonderful students in high school and now in college. And one has now gotten her bachelors in communications. A good start was the foundation they needed to keep pursuing their education.

Posted March 23, 2010
this was a great school! i was sad to leave it!

Posted October 07, 2009
4 out of 5 is my opinion. I will say my child has been a student there for three years now, and I am very happy with Hawthorne. Of course there are some minor issues, but over all it is a great schoool.

Posted September 14, 2009
I recently moved to San Antonio from Berkeley, CA. I chose to move to the Alamo Heights school district. Then I found Hawthorne. I am very happy with the school. The staff is great. The principal is amazing. I have really high hopes for my children. I want them to go to an ivy league college. If this is what you're looking for too. This is the school for you.

115 West Josephine Street, San Antonio, TX  78212
Last modified Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorne Pk-8 Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top