Webster, TX

Posted August 11, 2014
P.H. Greene is horrible My sons Pre K teacher was a bully and has no business Teaching children. My older two children had wonderful grades at the school they started at before moving to P.H. Greene half way through the year because we moved to a different home. It was a terrible experience from the get go. The front office worker (the taller skinny lady with the attitude problem) is one of the rudest people I've ever encountered, the teachers don't communicate with you at all even after numerous attempts at trying to contact them. Teachers also feel that school is a good place to force their personal values on your children even if your beliefs are not the same. I would not recommend sending your children to this school. I'm pulling mine and doing home school until they can get into a better one.

P High Greene Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2014
If you are ever in the halls during school hours, you can hear teachers snapping at students, yelling and barking orders. A little courtesy would be a nice change. They're quite rude to the students, and treat them like they're a burden. Sure, at the door upon arrival, everyone smiles and appears sweet...then the doors close. When it comes to the overall culture, there is a "bully" mentality in regards to how the teachers and staff (most, not all) behave. They're all for punishment and not praise, and are eager to give out consequences for petty issues. If a child is upset and having a hard day, they're met with anger, impatience, and threats of punishment for not falling in line immediately. Childhood depression is treated with a severe lack of empathy and intolerance from the adults in this school. They are impatient and overly demanding of the littler ones IMO. They have LOST children as well, more than once. One Kindergartner even walked all the way home, to the horror of his father, and the school never even knew he was missing! I have had my own major issues with this school and how it's run. Networking with other parents has revealed a ton of major flaws with this school.

P High Greene Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2013
Before when i read the previous reviews about this school it made me nervous. I have two boys who just started Pre-k at this school. One in Pre-k 3 and one in Pre-k 4, and so far I find it an overall great atmosphere. The front office staff has always been nice and very helpful and my children's teachers are very welcoming and energetic. I had no worries about leaving my children here at this school. Then again it is just the beginning of the year, only the second day, so we'll see how the rest of the year turns out.

Posted January 31, 2013
Well, I see nothing newer than 2010 here, so I'll post my thoughts. I just recently enrolled my child in this school and I find it very poor. There is no playground equipment for the 4th graders to play on, which is disappointing due to the epidemic of obesity in the US. My child came from a school with a robust GT program. This school has a GT person come on Thursdays and that's the extent of their GT program. Really?? My child's grades have dropped from A's and B's to D's! And it's still true that the front office is rude and unwelcoming, which shows this schools culture. I also have yet to hear from the PTO. The school is not transparent either in that they still do not allow you to walk to the classrooms. I met with his teacher regarding the drop in grades and she was condescending about my concerns and blamed the drop in grades to the new STAR scoring. My child wrote an essay a full page long with all the correct content, yet received a D due to this STAR scoring. The teacher said she was only following the scoring criteria. Not sure if that's true or not, but I can't get my child out of this school fast enough.

P High Greene Elementary School 3

Posted September 07, 2010
My son just started there at the end of the 2nd week after a forced transfer due to population issues between the 3 neighborhood schools. Are parents always made to feel so unwelcome here? I did not appreciate the uninviting climate to the school. The principal does not allow parents to walk to the classrooms, for any reason in the morning. I had a hard time wakling him to class his first day there. By the time we were transferred, they had already had orientation and "Parent Orientation". They sicked the principal on me, who looked at me like I was just another overbearing helicopter mom that just wouldn't leave. It was very discouraging for the rest of the year.

P High Greene Elementary School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
i love this school. my son has attended kinder garden and 1th grade here and is very good. i love it.

P High Greene Elementary School 5

Posted May 28, 2009
I love this school so far. I have two daughters in Greene and they are extremely happy. The teachers my daughters had this school year (08-09) are wonderful. I like the racial diversity also. In addition to academic education, there is education in the appreciation of people with different racial backgrounds. I hope the next 3 to 4 years will continue to offer nothing short of excellence.

P High Greene Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
I love this school my daughter has attended 4th and 5th grade here and I love it.

P High Greene Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2009

Posted April 02, 2009
Very desapointed with school and teacher as well, did not feel like they care about my childs. PTA are not organized i volunter and never been called. Will not recomend this school also the staff at front are so rude, did not have maners what so ever.

P High Greene Elementary School
2903 Friendswood Link Road, Webster, TX  77598
Last modified P High Greene Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P High Greene Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top