Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Eastwood School 4

Posted December 11, 2015
I loved attending this school! It was a great experience for me! The teachers are AMAZING, especially Mrs. Hollingworth! She was very understanding, caring, patient, and fun! Mrs. Jones was also outstanding! She taught us about our world, she challenged her students with history, social studies, language, Latin, Greek, Spanish, and music! I love the teachers here!!

Eastwood School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 11, 2015
I would often have hours of homework every night during the several years I attended this school.

Posted February 09, 2015
We moved to Salt Lake City, UT from out of state, and worried about the quality of education given the lower amount of funds spent per student compared to where we lived before. But we have been overwhelmingly thrilled with Eastwood's ability to provide quality education and use resources wisely and productively. The caliber of families elevates student success exponentially as well. The parents "get" what it takes to help children laugh, play, and excel scholastically. Many supplemental programs provided by the strong PTA additionally cultivates the arts, music, robotics, and more. So add that to a team of stellar teachers, and you get a winning combination! Our children have attended private schools before, and they "ain't got nothin'" on Eastwood. They are the whole package.

Posted June 18, 2014
Eastwood Is an amazing school! Over 60% of our students come from outside of our boundaries which indicates how many want to attend here. Our staff is dedicated about meeting the needs of each student. Our school theme is S.O.A.R. with the Eagles (Strive to do your best, Own your choices, Achieve your goals and Respect yourself and others). Our PTA and volunteers are dedicated with an average of 15 volunteers in our building at all time. Eastwood has the only Co-Op program Kindergarten to Third Grade in Granite School District. Parents dedicate approximately 3 hour per week in those classrooms lowering the student to adult ratio dramatically. They teach everything from Science, to Social Studies, Art, PE, etc. Come and check it out - you will love it!

Posted February 26, 2014
We have loved our experience at Eastwood! The curriculum has been challenging and the teachers have really gone above and beyond for their classrooms. We loved co op and we aer so lucky to have participated in this amazing option. We will be very sad to leave Eastwood. I highly recommend this school!!! We are grateful to Vickie-the amazing office manager-and all of the people involved at Eastwood.

Eastwood School 1

Posted October 18, 2012
I was so disappointed with this school! I have two children that I enrolled this year and after onky eight weeks of attendance, I am back to tge drawing board. The staff was friendly enough, but did not want to entertain any thoughts that the school may not be perfect. I found it VERY difficult to get any of the staff to communicate with me once I wanted to address some problems that were occurring. Even the principal wanted to sweep me under the rug. I chose this school for very specific reasons and drove my children from out of district to attend. Unfortunately, the environment was not worth the trouble. The curriculum in the lower grade was completely inadequate and unchallenging despite their claim of hosting an enviroment for advanced learning. Instead of allowing children to work ahead on their level rather, they hold them back and teach the class as a whole. My son did not learn one new concept in the entire time he was there. And, despite their claim of having a friendly and welcoming student body, my daughter found this school to be quite the opposite. She experienced a rathed cruel and excluding environment in the upper grades.

Posted August 01, 2011
One of best schools in area: Teacher quality/support 4* Student attitudes 5* Special programs 5* Social experience 5* Administration support & friendliness 5* Tolerance of bullying 5* (no tolerance policy) Variety in studentbody demographics 2* Extracurricular programs 4* Eastwood is a stellar school. Regardless of where your child is in his or her academic progress, this school will challenge & help your child do their best. The principal is fantastic. Teachers are understanding & encourage social acceptance, paying close attention to what happens on the playground. They do not tolerate bullying or making fun of any children. Your kids will feel safe at school, excel, feel free to get involved, & make friends. Depending on the grade, your child will be placed in separate reading & math programs according to how they do on testing. The focus is balanced between maximizing academic performance & making the chlid's social experience as good as possible --- within the confines of a limited (largely homogenous) demographic group for radical & religious diversity. The lack of diversity and the lack of an art program are my only complaints. Most kids have a positive experience.

Posted July 15, 2011
This is a school that actually really likes kids! The co-op program is stellar, as are the teachers. I feel so lucky to live nearby, but there are many families traveling from all over the valley to get their kids educated at this school. I feel that this is one of the best all around schools in Salt Lake.

Posted June 10, 2011
Eastwood offers excellent teachers as well as a challenging environment. The icing on the cake is it's co-op program. Parents join together with the teachter to make their child's class an interactive and engaging experience. I am always amazed at the small army of dedicated parents that carry each co-op class along each year. Even if budgets are cut, I know my child will still be going on field trips and experiencing an enriched education. It's well worth the effort!

Posted June 07, 2011
We looked, and tried, a few, other schools before finding our home at Eastwood. If you are tried of being treated like a number, if you want to be welcomed no matter your race,religion or income status... come to Eastwood Elementary. I could go on and on but really just come visit and you will feel the difference yourself !

Eastwood School
3305 Wasatch Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT  84109
Last modified Eastwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastwood School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top