PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child has homework from almost all of her classes, and she has 10 classes. She has about 1-3 hours of homework every night!

Amazing School!! This is our 3rd year at AHSJ. We love it! The class sizes are small which allows teachers to actually teach and keep distractions to a minimum. I can't say enough about the quality of teachers and administration at AHSJ. My girls' self-confidence (1st and 9th graders) has blossomed in this environment. They know their teachers love them and will do what ever it takes to help them succeed!

I believe that one of the reasons that my oldest daughter has done so well in public high school is that she learned how to study, think, and love learning from the great atmosphere and curriculum at American Heritage...she got an amazing education when she was young, which created the right foundation for continued success. Thank you to the wonderful teachers and administration staff for creating that for my children!

Develops character: Agree

Really like the school and teachers. Safe environment and leadership opportunities. Deal with teachers only and you will love this place.

The elementary teachers are all wonderful, my children are all above reading level. The only negative about the school is the administration. They gossip about teachers and parents, and don't stop when someone walks in. Email sent to the office never gets answered and if you try to personally speak to the director the secretary will do quick interference. There is a high amount of teacher and student turn over because of the management style.The office staff frequently leave the office unattended, especially during the morning drop off. There isn't any lunch options other than dessert food trucks. Many parents feel it inappropriate to have food trucks, as they advertise to the public and then your 1st grader is standing in line with strangers, as many teachers are lunch aides and can't be at both places. I was also told during our initial tour that the upper grades are separated from elementary, yet was surprised to see a high school classroom on the same floor/using the same restrooms as the youngest grades. We will have our children finish out elementary, but will look for an alternative that offers sports and more electives for Jr High and high school.

This school is amazing! I am so glad that we chose this school over other private school choices for our daughter. Last year I was trying to decide which school to send her to and I worried about it a lot. I am so happy with my decision. She comes home and surprises us with everything she is learning.

We have loved having our kids at American Heritage! We love the atmosphere and have had nothing but positive experiences with the admisitration and teachers. Our kids excel in school and love to learn, in large part because of what they are learning at school and because of the great environment. In comparing American Heritage to other faith-based schools, it is clearly the best!

We have been happy with the education at atmosphere at American Heritage. Our children have been taught by wonderful teachers who care about them and challenge them to reach their full potential. We have felt that the administration is aware of our students, as well as all others, and makes decisions and implements ideas based on the needs of each student. Our children have thrived in their core classes and really enjoyed participating in the extra-curricular classes and activities. We are proud to have our children attend a school that promotes good values and strong education. We are extra pleased after just receiving our students' end of year test scores.

We have been a part of AHSJ for 6 years and my daughter has done well. The smaller classrooms and involved teachers have helped her to excel. I love that the school has Christian-based values and holds students to the highest standards. The school is small compared to other private schools that we looked at but the small size helps build the bond between the students.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************We have loved having our child at American Heritage South Jordan. We have loved the value system taught in the school. Their code of conduct is amazing for all. The material so far has been above average and fun to learn. Our child loves the structure and the fun activities offered at this school. We had issues with our first teacher and the admisitration was great to listen and investigate the situation and took care of our concerns. Any concern we have had with teachers have been quickly addressed and resolved well. They have been good to listen to my concerns as a mother and help me in anyway possible. This experience has changed our childs life for the best.. ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Last modified American Heritage of South Jordan is a Private school that serves grades PK-12