South Jordan, UT

American Heritage of South Jordan 2

Posted August 04, 2014
The elementary teachers are all wonderful, my children are all above reading level. The only negative about the school is the administration. They gossip about teachers and parents, and don't stop when someone walks in. Email sent to the office never gets answered and if you try to personally speak to the director the secretary will do quick interference. There is a high amount of teacher and student turn over because of the management style.The office staff frequently leave the office unattended, especially during the morning drop off. There isn't any lunch options other than dessert food trucks. Many parents feel it inappropriate to have food trucks, as they advertise to the public and then your 1st grader is standing in line with strangers, as many teachers are lunch aides and can't be at both places. I was also told during our initial tour that the upper grades are separated from elementary, yet was surprised to see a high school classroom on the same floor/using the same restrooms as the youngest grades. We will have our children finish out elementary, but will look for an alternative that offers sports and more electives for Jr High and high school.

Posted January 16, 2013
This school is amazing! I am so glad that we chose this school over other private school choices for our daughter. Last year I was trying to decide which school to send her to and I worried about it a lot. I am so happy with my decision. She comes home and surprises us with everything she is learning.

Posted June 28, 2012
We have loved having our kids at American Heritage! We love the atmosphere and have had nothing but positive experiences with the admisitration and teachers. Our kids excel in school and love to learn, in large part because of what they are learning at school and because of the great environment. In comparing American Heritage to other faith-based schools, it is clearly the best!

Posted June 15, 2012
We have been happy with the education at atmosphere at American Heritage. Our children have been taught by wonderful teachers who care about them and challenge them to reach their full potential. We have felt that the administration is aware of our students, as well as all others, and makes decisions and implements ideas based on the needs of each student. Our children have thrived in their core classes and really enjoyed participating in the extra-curricular classes and activities. We are proud to have our children attend a school that promotes good values and strong education. We are extra pleased after just receiving our students' end of year test scores.

American Heritage of South Jordan 4

Posted June 14, 2012
We have been a part of AHSJ for 6 years and my daughter has done well. The smaller classrooms and involved teachers have helped her to excel. I love that the school has Christian-based values and holds students to the highest standards. The school is small compared to other private schools that we looked at but the small size helps build the bond between the students.

Posted June 14, 2012
************************************************************************************************************************************************************We have loved having our child at American Heritage South Jordan. We have loved the value system taught in the school. Their code of conduct is amazing for all. The material so far has been above average and fun to learn. Our child loves the structure and the fun activities offered at this school. We had issues with our first teacher and the admisitration was great to listen and investigate the situation and took care of our concerns. Any concern we have had with teachers have been quickly addressed and resolved well. They have been good to listen to my concerns as a mother and help me in anyway possible. This experience has changed our childs life for the best.. ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted February 20, 2012
I love this school. They truly try to give students a chance to excel. There are a couple students who were not doing well in the public school system and came here and developed into a whole new person. They became someone important. If someone truly dislikes this school, leave. The public school probably failed you and that is why you came to this school. Looking for someone to solve your childs problem. Sorry about your two failures. Good luck finding a place you speak positively about. My children have been in this school for years. There are people who leave and come back because the public school system was teaching their children things they learned at American Heritage two years earlier. Many of my friends envy my children being able to be in this school. I feel fortunate and it is worth the sacrifices we have to make to get the best for our children. Thank you American Heritage.

American Heritage of South Jordan 1

Posted January 27, 2012
Dump, unkept and way behind in curriculum. Sclass sizes 26!! Walk the school before committing.

Posted May 19, 2010
Amazing school, staff, students and program. I'm pleased with the education and experiences my children are gaining.

Posted April 29, 2010
My son attends this school and the teachers are wonderful. My hope is that I can send all my children at some point. We love this school.

American Heritage of South Jordan
11100 S. Redwood Road, South Jordan, UT  84095
Last modified American Heritage of South Jordan is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
American Heritage of South Jordan Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top