PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

amazing teachers and leadership, wonderful people. The director is sometimes hard to get a hold of because she has a lot on her plate, but she has others who stand in her stead.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The core foundation of this school is respect to self and others, and they teach the students to respect their elders above all. When I go visit the school, the students rise and greet as adults enter the room. We teach in my home the importance of respecting each other, so they refer to my wife and I as "ma'am and sir", and we reciprocate. In the school, they do the same thing, and it shows.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I know of a few teachers that were poached from other schools, and i know this because several of my friends who have their kids in the schools my teachers came from know how amazing the teachers are and they were upset when the teachers left.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My first grade twins have a homework packet that comes home on Monday that is due at the end of the week, beyond that, there is really no other homework. We work hard on Monday nights to get it all finished so we can play the rest of the week.

We moved our kids to American Heritage after having numerous horrible experiences in the public and even Charter schools. My first grader was labeled as a trouble maker by the aides on the playground simply because he was trying to steal the ball from other students on the playground while they were all playing together. They have a zero tolerance policy for any kind of touching, even on the playground. I am absolutely thrilled that all 3 of my kids are at AHSJ as the teachers are nothing short of wonderful. A good number of the attending students are from out of the country, and their parents pay a good amount of money for the students to come and get a good education. We've been there for 2 years now and love every minute of it. My only gripe is that occasionally my first grader forgets to bring his lunch, and because of this, he ends up spending an arm and a leg on lunch from the school vending machines. The school is small enough that they don't have a setup to serve hot lunch. The school has very small class sizes, and this means more one on one attention per student, and this REALLY shows in the students' behavior and grades. The kids are above average in most aspects of learning as long as the parents do their part, because I know the teachers are far better than any other teacher I have dealt with.

There are a lot of after school activities and there are small classes so no kid does not have a friend and the teachers focus more in there students

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child has homework from almost all of her classes, and she has 10 classes. She has about 1-3 hours of homework every night!

Amazing School!! This is our 3rd year at AHSJ. We love it! The class sizes are small which allows teachers to actually teach and keep distractions to a minimum. I can't say enough about the quality of teachers and administration at AHSJ. My girls' self-confidence (1st and 9th graders) has blossomed in this environment. They know their teachers love them and will do what ever it takes to help them succeed!

I believe that one of the reasons that my oldest daughter has done so well in public high school is that she learned how to study, think, and love learning from the great atmosphere and curriculum at American Heritage...she got an amazing education when she was young, which created the right foundation for continued success. Thank you to the wonderful teachers and administration staff for creating that for my children!

Develops character: Agree

Really like the school and teachers. Safe environment and leadership opportunities. Deal with teachers only and you will love this place.

Last modified American Heritage of South Jordan is a Private school that serves grades PK-12