Public charter
West Haven, UT
After care: No

Posted February 18, 2015
I use to teach at Quest and am now teaching elsewhere due to my husband going to school out of state. I absolutely loved teaching at Quest. I loved the kids, administration, secretaries, etc. I am now teaching at a new school and have realized that schools don't get better than Quest. The administration is wonderful and supportive. The technology integration is amazing, and kids are able to learn regardless of ability. The kids are held to a high standard and expectations are high. I would go back to Quest in a heartbeat if I could!

Posted January 31, 2015
I went to quest 5-8 grade it is a great school sents I started there my grade average went up 2 it is a great school

Posted January 09, 2015
Quest was the BEST decision we ever made educationally for our children. I pulled my children from our neighborhood school, Kanesville Elementary for many reasons - among them: Typical district school, cookie cutter same as the rest Typical administration, non caring and non responsive to my concerns Typical district teachers, many past their prime. in fact, when we moved to West Haven, I was warned by my neighbors which teachers to avoid and the list was long! Typical curriculum, one size fits all approach to education, I felt my children were stifled and held back, restricted from reaching their full potential. Terrible parking lot situation. Too small! Quest Academy is just what I was looking for. The faculty, administrators, and staff are caring and do their jobs very well!! When my child got in trouble, I was amazed at how professionally the issue was dealt with, but it was dealt with, they do not brush misbehavior under the rug! I feel my children are safe, and if there are problems, they will be taken care of. I love the teachers at Quest, specifically junior high. I feel Quest has gone the extra mile to earn my support and my trust.

Quest Academy 1

Posted January 08, 2015
If you are considering placing your child an Quest, it is not worth it. My children went there for a while and our experience was not a good one. While we were there, we saw many students leave the school, as well as teachers. Eventually, we left, too. My children now attend Kanesville Elementary, which has been better in every way. The secretaries are actually nice, and the administration is respectful, and caring. This was not the case at Quest (Dr. Dave, Barlow, & Tippetts are rude and difficult to deal with). Also, we no longer have put up with the horrible parking lot situation at Quest. My children are more challenged now at Kanesville and they actually enjoy school! Honestly, I didn't know what a burden Quest was until we left. We are all much happier now.

Posted November 14, 2014
We LOVE Quest! Our kids have yet to have a bad day, or a bad teacher. The administration at our school is AMAZING in every way. I have watched my children's test scores soar. They actually enjoy their homework. The learning environment is very controlled, non-chaotic, and peaceful. Bullying is not tolerated. Teachers are friends with and supportive to one another and you can contact them at any time with questions or suggestions. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classrooms as well as out of the classroom. I always feel so welcome when I come to the school. The secretaries are also amazing! They let my kids use the phone when they need to call home. They have patched up skinned knees and just listened when a child needs to chat. The Office at Quest is a safe place for them to go. My children are doing things with technology that I never thought possible. The children's needs are put first at our school, everything is based on helping them to succeed, be happy, and most of all feel safe and comfortable. Moving my children to Quest was the best decision we ever made.

Posted November 09, 2014
This school has been such a great blessing to my family! We decided to pull our child from regular public school due to the district's inability to help our child be more successful academically. We felt that the teacher's hands were tied. It wasn't that he didn't want to help--it's just that the resources weren't there. In two short months, our child is above where she should be. We new we were seeing great leaps academically, but it was nice to have our child's teacher show us data and scores using the same assessments that were used at her previous school. Our child is more confident. In addition to the classroom teacher instructing our child in a small group setting on a daily basis, Quest also offered 30 minutes of tutoring after school! Our child was also offered "intervention" every day. This program provided another small group learning opportunity. Our child no longer needs this resource, as the tutoring and care of the classroom teacher have done their jobs. Quest staff care about students. My spouse and I can't say thank you enough for helping our child.

Posted November 09, 2014
The best part about choosing Quest for my kiddos is that there has never been a day that either of my children have NOT wanted to go to school. It is such a wonderful feeling as a parent to know that your child enjoys school and feels loved by their teacher. I have never had to fight with them about going to school and if I tell them I will check them out to go anywhere, they do not want to get checked out. Very reassuring as a mom, to know that your children are in a safe and loving environment.

Posted November 08, 2014
I disagree with the posting regarding administration and staff and Q2. I feel that the school integrates technology and curriculum beautifully!!! I feel this approach is meeting my child's needs far better than a teacher teaching all the students the same thing! My child may be more advanced than other children in the class, but because of the method of teaching being offered is not held back! A teacher is just one aspect of a successful classroom, and I am grateful that Quest Academy has a forward thinking approach to education rather than being stuck in the dark ages. Thanks, teachers and staff at Q2!! Keep up the great work!
2 people found this helpful

Quest Academy 1

Posted November 06, 2014
I am disappointed about the leadership and teaching faculty at Q2. It seems as though the administrator over Q2 is more interested in "protecting" teachers that don't appear to be able to teach the state mandated curriculum but are VERY good at telling students they need to spend more time on a computer. The fact that this is supposed to be a "technology" school should NOT override the need for a competent teacher to teach. Unfortunately this seems to be the method used in this particular part of Quest. Q1 appears to be run differently, and much better. Q2 is a disaster from a qualified instructor point of view. Multiple times, requests for information have been ignored or I am sent a link to a state website. I don't need the link, I need to know what is ACTUALLY being taught besides the computer program. If that is all that is being taught, get rid of the teacher and do the course online.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 18, 2014
Quest has made some excellent changes in the last two years. The new administration holds the teachers, parents, and students to a high standard of excellence. The teachers are happy and love their jobs. The students have many caring individuals looking out for their welfare. I love Quest!

Quest Academy
4862 West 4000 South, West Haven, UT  84401
Last modified Quest Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quest Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top