Public charter
West Haven, UT
After care: No

Posted November 14, 2014
We LOVE Quest! Our kids have yet to have a bad day, or a bad teacher. The administration at our school is AMAZING in every way. I have watched my children's test scores soar. They actually enjoy their homework. The learning environment is very controlled, non-chaotic, and peaceful. Bullying is not tolerated. Teachers are friends with and supportive to one another and you can contact them at any time with questions or suggestions. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the classrooms as well as out of the classroom. I always feel so welcome when I come to the school. The secretaries are also amazing! They let my kids use the phone when they need to call home. They have patched up skinned knees and just listened when a child needs to chat. The Office at Quest is a safe place for them to go. My children are doing things with technology that I never thought possible. The children's needs are put first at our school, everything is based on helping them to succeed, be happy, and most of all feel safe and comfortable. Moving my children to Quest was the best decision we ever made.

Posted November 09, 2014
This school has been such a great blessing to my family! We decided to pull our child from regular public school due to the district's inability to help our child be more successful academically. We felt that the teacher's hands were tied. It wasn't that he didn't want to help--it's just that the resources weren't there. In two short months, our child is above where she should be. We new we were seeing great leaps academically, but it was nice to have our child's teacher show us data and scores using the same assessments that were used at her previous school. Our child is more confident. In addition to the classroom teacher instructing our child in a small group setting on a daily basis, Quest also offered 30 minutes of tutoring after school! Our child was also offered "intervention" every day. This program provided another small group learning opportunity. Our child no longer needs this resource, as the tutoring and care of the classroom teacher have done their jobs. Quest staff care about students. My spouse and I can't say thank you enough for helping our child.

Posted November 09, 2014
The best part about choosing Quest for my kiddos is that there has never been a day that either of my children have NOT wanted to go to school. It is such a wonderful feeling as a parent to know that your child enjoys school and feels loved by their teacher. I have never had to fight with them about going to school and if I tell them I will check them out to go anywhere, they do not want to get checked out. Very reassuring as a mom, to know that your children are in a safe and loving environment.

Posted November 08, 2014
I disagree with the posting regarding administration and staff and Q2. I feel that the school integrates technology and curriculum beautifully!!! I feel this approach is meeting my child's needs far better than a teacher teaching all the students the same thing! My child may be more advanced than other children in the class, but because of the method of teaching being offered is not held back! A teacher is just one aspect of a successful classroom, and I am grateful that Quest Academy has a forward thinking approach to education rather than being stuck in the dark ages. Thanks, teachers and staff at Q2!! Keep up the great work!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 06, 2014
I am disappointed about the leadership and teaching faculty at Q2. It seems as though the administrator over Q2 is more interested in "protecting" teachers that don't appear to be able to teach the state mandated curriculum but are VERY good at telling students they need to spend more time on a computer. The fact that this is supposed to be a "technology" school should NOT override the need for a competent teacher to teach. Unfortunately this seems to be the method used in this particular part of Quest. Q1 appears to be run differently, and much better. Q2 is a disaster from a qualified instructor point of view. Multiple times, requests for information have been ignored or I am sent a link to a state website. I don't need the link, I need to know what is ACTUALLY being taught besides the computer program. If that is all that is being taught, get rid of the teacher and do the course online.

Posted August 18, 2014
Quest has made some excellent changes in the last two years. The new administration holds the teachers, parents, and students to a high standard of excellence. The teachers are happy and love their jobs. The students have many caring individuals looking out for their welfare. I love Quest!

Posted July 18, 2014
My children have attended Quest Academy for three years now and I have nothing but good to say about this school. I've been so impressed by the quality of the teachers here--they're the most important part of a school, in my opinion. I have children in accelerated classes and a child with developmental delays. Each one of them has had their needs met and been challenged at their particular level. The focus on technology is great and I also love the real-world experiences they are given through various projects and enriching field trips. For the most part, all of the children that attend the school just seem like good kids. I've never noticed any bullying going on--something that I witnessed almost daily at our neighborhood school. It's just a great, great school. The parking lot definitely requires some patience, time, and experience but it's come a long way in the past few years. I would love to see more after-school programs or sports offered for the children.

Posted June 21, 2014
My children attended Quest Academy from the first year it opened until this last school year. We made the initial move because we were convinced the education and technology focus would be better. We were wrong. After switching back to our boundary school, we discovered that our kids were actually behind. This was especially difficult for my fifth grader who had been placed in the "accelerated" class at Quest. Now she is catching up in math big time. As it turned out, Quest was rated lower than our boundary school. Also, I was bothered by the fact that my other child's teacher there did not have a teaching license. I worked closely with several teachers at Quest, and none of them seemed to really enjoy teaching. There is a huge difference in the mood of the faculty at Quest compared to our boundary school. The secretaries are actually pleasant at the kids' new school. The children are not little soldiers. They are kids, as it should be! The parking lot has improved a lot at Quest, but it is still ridiculous. I could go on and on about how unfair and rude the administration is there. Basically, pulling my kids out of Quest was the best thing I ever did.

Quest Academy 4

Posted April 25, 2014
My son really loves this school and next fall my daughter will be attending kindergarten there. We never have problems in the parking lot except for parents who do not follow the rules and walk across to the school at a no crossing area. Other cars can't see and them and that's where the trouble comes in. The teachers are great and the secretaries are quite nice. But this year is a little different with the new principal, there seems to be hardly any after school activities. I would really love to see it, and would love to see some kind of sports like soccer or something

Posted April 14, 2014
At parent orientation night a staff member spoke with her back to us. This was my first impression of this school and it has stuck with me ever since. The teachers are unsocial with each other and the children are discouraged to socialize. My child's teacher was very uninvolved with the children, I never actually saw her teach a concept. The only thing I ever seen her explain was how to log on to a computer. She often had her shoes off, like she was on vacation. Our child spent most of the days doing worksheets and doing tests on a computer screen. I felt as though this would be a great school to raise a "cube farm" employee. The parking lot situation is a mess at pick-up, it's a huge traffic jam. Lani Rounds the former principle wanted to remove the doors from the bathroom stalls for zero-privacy because there were a couple of instances of children writing on the walls. We moved our kids to Voyage Academy, they emphasize "expeditionary learning". This school is not perfect by any means, but my son is no longer having mental breakdowns after school like he did with Quest. He enjoys school now, and I think you have to enjoy school and be excited about what you are learning.

Quest Academy
4862 West 4000 South, West Haven, UT  84401
Last modified Quest Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quest Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top