Bad
Good

The teachers and staff are very caring and the communication is great at Steuart Weller. My son has been happily attending for two years and recently started his third. He has been learning in a fun way by leaps and bounds thanks to the hardworking teachers. Wonderful school!

This school is amazing! My son has attended Weller for 4 years and all his teachers were awesome! I can't say enough about the consistent communication and support we have received! Definitely a 5 star school!

SWES is excellent. My two children go there and they are happy. The teachers are awesome and hard working. A lot of parents volunteer there. As a parent, I volunteer. The administrative staff is helpful and caring.

Very disappointed. My son was bullied here. The administration passed the issue back and forth between each other like a football; never took it seriously. I eventually had to involve law enforcement to ensure it would never happen again. (Know your child's rights, Know your school's policies and enforce them). My child has consistently struggled with a particular subject. The teacher/school has not offered any resources or help to improve in this area where my child is clearly struggling. We spend hours tutoring at home. It is now my belief that if your child is falling behind in any particular subject at Weller, you may not receive any help in getting them back up to speed. You will most likely need to provide outside services/tutors on your own time as the school has either no interest or resources to do so. My child had come from a previous school where the teachers/administration/staff were extremely proactive and passionate about students learning. They had many programs and aides to assist with students who had any learning disabilities or needed an extra boost in any subject areas. My review is based on my personal experience and comparison.

It all depends upon the teacher. The first couple of years were great. This year my son was bullied, and his teacher's response was always "I don't want to hear about it." Even after he was kicked in the stomach and lost his breath and made to "feel like [he] was going to throw-up." She wouldn't even allow him to go to the nurse. Then there's the PE teacher that tells a class of second graders that they can run with their shoes UNtied! So my child did it as soon as he stepped off the bus, excited to prove it can be done because his teacher said-so, and scrapes up his knees, hip, and hand. Working and volunteering in the school, I was very laid-back about confronting the teacher. But after the teacher admitted telling the kids this, rather than offering up an apology or even asking how my child was, he gave excuses as to why he did it!! I was even told later by a member of staff that the subject came up between them, and they were laughing about it. Again: really? A child gets hurt because a TEACHER gave advice that got a child hurt, and they think it's FUNNY?!? Had this been my first year at SW, I would have given them only 1 star.

Amazing! This School its a Second House for the kids . The teachers and administrative personal both are amazing for encourage ours kids to learn.

My daughter has been here for 2nd and 3rd grades. She likes the school and activities, but we are very disappointed with the staffs compared with the former school. We decided to move, and we are quite happy now. But, the bad consequence is my daughter's performance is much lower than her potential because she was not been encouraged to try best at Steuart W Weller. We are working on this issue now. The teachersd are lack of responsibility.

This is our third year at Weller where I have a daughter attending. I wasn't too thrilled with kindergarten and the teacher she got but once she hit first grade it was wonderful! Her teacher was caring and found something great about every student in the class. Second grade is no different. Her teacher is strict but fun and caring. She likes going to school! After the rezoning last year there is much more parent involvement and the PTO is stronger, two things that were lacking the past couple years. Parent involvement makes a big difference! Not sure why SWE only rates a 5. Parent involvement before this year would have been 2 stars, now it's 5.

My son began school this year and it seems like at excellent school. The teachers are very good and my son is learning a lot.

Great school! The staff is very nice. The teachers work hard with their students. Our children love it!

Last modified Steuart W. Weller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.