Ashburn, VA

Posted March 28, 2015
SWES is excellent. My two children go there and they are happy. The teachers are awesome and hard working. A lot of parents volunteer there. As a parent, I volunteer. The administrative staff is helpful and caring.

Posted February 13, 2015
Very disappointed. My son was bullied here. The administration passed the issue back and forth between each other like a football; never took it seriously. I eventually had to involve law enforcement to ensure it would never happen again. (Know your child's rights, Know your school's policies and enforce them). My child has consistently struggled with a particular subject. The teacher/school has not offered any resources or help to improve in this area where my child is clearly struggling. We spend hours tutoring at home. It is now my belief that if your child is falling behind in any particular subject at Weller, you may not receive any help in getting them back up to speed. You will most likely need to provide outside services/tutors on your own time as the school has either no interest or resources to do so. My child had come from a previous school where the teachers/administration/staff were extremely proactive and passionate about students learning. They had many programs and aides to assist with students who had any learning disabilities or needed an extra boost in any subject areas. My review is based on my personal experience and comparison.
6 people found this helpful

Steuart W. Weller Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2015
It all depends upon the teacher. The first couple of years were great. This year my son was bullied, and his teacher's response was always "I don't want to hear about it." Even after he was kicked in the stomach and lost his breath and made to "feel like [he] was going to throw-up." She wouldn't even allow him to go to the nurse. Then there's the PE teacher that tells a class of second graders that they can run with their shoes UNtied! So my child did it as soon as he stepped off the bus, excited to prove it can be done because his teacher said-so, and scrapes up his knees, hip, and hand. Working and volunteering in the school, I was very laid-back about confronting the teacher. But after the teacher admitted telling the kids this, rather than offering up an apology or even asking how my child was, he gave excuses as to why he did it!! I was even told later by a member of staff that the subject came up between them, and they were laughing about it. Again: really? A child gets hurt because a TEACHER gave advice that got a child hurt, and they think it's FUNNY?!? Had this been my first year at SW, I would have given them only 1 star.

Posted August 20, 2014
Amazing! This School its a Second House for the kids . The teachers and administrative personal both are amazing for encourage ours kids to learn.

Posted November 20, 2013
My daughter has been here for 2nd and 3rd grades. She likes the school and activities, but we are very disappointed with the staffs compared with the former school. We decided to move, and we are quite happy now. But, the bad consequence is my daughter's performance is much lower than her potential because she was not been encouraged to try best at Steuart W Weller. We are working on this issue now. The teachersd are lack of responsibility.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2013
This is our third year at Weller where I have a daughter attending. I wasn't too thrilled with kindergarten and the teacher she got but once she hit first grade it was wonderful! Her teacher was caring and found something great about every student in the class. Second grade is no different. Her teacher is strict but fun and caring. She likes going to school! After the rezoning last year there is much more parent involvement and the PTO is stronger, two things that were lacking the past couple years. Parent involvement makes a big difference! Not sure why SWE only rates a 5. Parent involvement before this year would have been 2 stars, now it's 5.

Steuart W. Weller Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2013
My son began school this year and it seems like at excellent school. The teachers are very good and my son is learning a lot.

Posted January 11, 2013
Great school! The staff is very nice. The teachers work hard with their students. Our children love it!

Posted October 30, 2012
I can only guess why they have so many teachers leave each year, but it's a red flag. I have not been happy with the education my children have received here. There seems to be a real lacking of resources...packets and worksheets are the norm. From my perspective, the preparation for the online SOL testing was minimal, and the scores from Weller ES were terrible. Not very pleased at all with this school. And to the previous poster, I asked both of my children what the "PAWS rule" is and they both said, "I don't know what that is."

Steuart W. Weller Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2012
How seller has a 5 out of 10 in ratings is way beyond me. We have been at seller since the doors opened. And I'm happy to say that we will be renowned for the up coming school year and I couldn't be more happier. Isaw something about no bullying hah my oldest who is now at farmwell now was bullied and nothing was ever done. You have children who can destroy school property and never get punished where is the accountability punish these kids. It shows other children that its ok to be bad not to mention that is takes away frim instruction time i have first hand witnessed this. Teachers teach to tests and god forbid they are thrown a curve ball. We have had a total between my Two kids from 2008 to present three good teachers and this year still remains to be seen I only gave one star because I had to pick at least one nut it deserves none in my book

Steuart W. Weller Elementary School
20700 Marblehead Drive, Ashburn, VA  20147
Last modified Steuart W. Weller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steuart W. Weller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top