Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 06, 2016
THIS IS WHERE CAREFUL PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT IS NEEDED, I PROFESS THAT THIS IS A SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION FUNCTION TO GUIDE TO THE SCHOOL TOO MAKE THE STAFF OF EACH SCHOOL TO BE HIGHLY EFFECTIVE AT REACHING GOALS FOR EACH SCHOOL!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 06, 2016
IT'S PART OF PANDA PRIDE. ALL BASSETTE STUDENTS LEARN TO BE RESPECTFUL. OF TEACHERS, STUDENTS AND THEMSELVES.

Posted May 06, 2016
Bassette is in my estimation the model of a neighboorhood school. Iam a grandparent, so this is not the only elementary school, we have been involved in. All parents, grands, school board members and council members should spend a day in the life of thier schools to see the "real" school! Let's help our schools= they are so important to our kids and our country! It reall does take a village to raise a kid. And the schools are a "huge" part of our villages. Wm E Anderson Sr

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 06, 2016
BASSETTE IS A GREAT SCHOOL. ALL THREE OF MY NOW GROWN KIDS WENT TO BASSETTE. AND BASSETTE CONTINUES TO BE A MODEL OF A NEIGHBOORHOOD SCHOOL! THANKS TO MS. RICKI, SHE HAS BEEN "OUR" GABBI'S TEACHER FM PRESCHOOL THRU FIRST GRADE. KID ON THE SPECTRUM NEED LOVE AND STABILITY. THANKS MS. RICKI FOR TAKING CARE OF GABBI! GABBI IS REALLY BLOSSOMING NOW!! REV. WM. E. ANDERSON SR.

Posted June 01, 2014
My child attended this school and she loved her teachers and new principal. Every time I entered the building I saw their dedication. Just need to put out the students who are severe behavior problems.

Posted December 04, 2013
I recently visited Bassette Elementary School and was very impressed with the staff's interaction with parents and students. I felt welcomed as soon as I walked through the door. Everyone was so friendly. The front desk is tiled with student art work and it was very inspiring. The school was decorated for the season and the children's work displayed outside the classrooms. I was impressed with the administration's interaction with parents. I had a wonderful experience at Bassette and hope to visit again soon.

Posted December 04, 2013
I see great things for Bassette's future I'm thrilled with the administration in place. I'm hoping they are kept there to see in 3-5 yrs where we stand on the testing scores etc .... Too often schools systems move switch and uproot the needed staffing for a school to continue to excel. When walking in that school this year you feel the dedication from stafff. They want each child to succeed and be the best they can be. I defiantly think this school could be a stand by me kinda movie brought to life. I hope we as parents can stick together and continue to witness this happen before our eyes. Our kids deserve the very best and this year that's what they have!!!!

Posted November 19, 2013
I am a community member who recently was invited to participated in Real Men Read at A.W.E. Bassette Elementary School. I was greeted by 2 well-mannered young students who took me to the Family Engagement Center for drinks and goodies before escorting me to the classroom where I was reading aloud. The first graders in the two classrooms I read to were such good listeners, active participants, and so well behaved. This is the 4th year I have read aloud to students at Bassette and every time I have experienced such a warm reception from the staff and students? i can't wait to return and I encourage other community members and parents to visit Bassette elementary soon!

Posted August 01, 2013
My child's school is getting better. They received a new principal during he last 9 weeks of school and he seems to be Awesome!!! I believe any complaints will be addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. He definite makes me feel that he has the best interest for the kids. i like how the school has improved over the years. There are still some teachers that, that I feel are only their for the paychecks. I believe the school could improve by getting the non caring teachers out, and replacing them with teachers who care.

Posted January 21, 2010
I have several children who have attended Bassette, and two currently there. There was a time when I thought it was wonderful. Now I am not so sure. The new principal can not relate to us parents. When I tried to talk to her she appeared to busy and several times she refers me to the assistant. I feel like she is not running the show but putting on a front. They should close Bassette or find a new principal.

671 Bell St, Hampton, VA  23661
Last modified A.W.E. Bassette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.