Herndon, VA
Students enrolled: 2,266

Posted November 11, 2013
I have had 3 graduate from Herndon High school. The teachers and staff were always helpful and available if my kids needed extra help. Our boys both played lacrosse and our daughter played volleyball and was in choir. The choir department at HHS is one of the best in the county. The other parents are supportive and helpful with volunteering for sports events or choir events. Everyone works together well. Our children have all gone to VA colleges with 2 graduating this year. I highly recommend the school!

Posted December 19, 2011
My son came to HHS after attending private school for a number of years. He has found the teachers to be engaged, the work to be challenging and the students to be friendly. He is extremely happy that he chose Herndon for his high school.

Posted January 16, 2011
Herndon High is a wonderful school. Excellent and caring staff. According to Newsweek Herndon High ranked 152. Herndon has a great AP/Honors program. It is such a diverse school. My child really loves this school.

Herndon High School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Herndon High School because the teachers make it a fun, friendly enviroment. They always find a fun innovative way to teach their assigned subject. Herndon provides a very safe diverse learning enviroment. They offer a wide varity of clubs and teams. Everything from the expected football team to the amazing but almost never heard or robotics team. I just love Herndon High and all the people who make it such an amazing place.

Posted March 12, 2009
My daughter transferred from a private school and we have been VERY pleased with the strong sense of community and the enthusiasm of the teachers. There is something at this school for everyone. The kids that we know are very involved. The number of students that they sent to the University of Virginia last year (very competitive) is testament to what a great job they are doing at HHS!

Herndon High School 0

Posted November 25, 2008
If you are a minority I would suggest you find another school. Herndon High was the worst school I have ever attended. When I was going to the school, I felt that I was targeted by the staff as a bad apple just because of my skin. Maybe if I was not a student of color I might have had a different experience. I feel as though this school has to fill some kind of quota that is the reason they treat the students as so. Unless you were an AP or honor student, you didn't matter. There was a lack of care from most of the teachers. Had I not gone to schools in other states, I might not have gone to college if my decision was base on my experience of Herndon High.

Posted November 19, 2008

Posted September 12, 2008
Wow. Everyone I know is so pleased with the calibre of the instruction at HHS. The teachers are really wonderful--running interesting discusions, getting students involved, being available if kids need help...they are just great. The kids are really good kids too. It's a diverse school, yet it's clear when you visit that the kids just accept each other. Generally, the students are really decent and respectful to one another. This may be due to the model set by the teachers and administration. The parents involvement is also wonderful. You'll find no 'cliques' keeping you from getting involved. All the parents are just there to help support the school and make it the best it can be. It's a lot of fun.

Herndon High School 4

Posted August 03, 2008
Compared to the friends and family living in other states, HHS is a wonderful school. In my time there, I never witnessed a fight or gang incident. I felt quite safe as I walked the hallways. School spirit was demonstrated in the many pep ralies, SGA events, and participation in extracurricular sports. The teachers and staff were on the most part prepared for classes and supportive of learning. Every school has its faults, but I feel prepared for college and am glad I went to HHS.

Herndon High School 4

Posted June 04, 2008
I am a current junior at Herndon and I can say that in the overall it is not a bad school. Yes, it has its problems, however those problems are outweighed by the benefits it renders. The school in general, but with a particular focus on the class of 2009, has almost no school spirit. Its AP programs are among the best in the country with dedicated teachers who are very willing to help students. (The trick to being sucessful in APs is to take the sophmore block class; the teachers in that particular class are two of the best in the school and really prepare their students for the next level of APs.) As for the gangs: they really aren't that big a problem; the worst they do is occasionally scrawl their names on to the stalls in the bathroom. However, there is minimal open intimidation of students.

Herndon High School
700 Bennett St, Herndon, VA  20170
Last modified Herndon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herndon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top