Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter had a horrible experience at Herndon High. She was assaulted twice (the principal did NOTHING!), she was bullied, she had teachers who cared only about test scores and nothing about the kids and one who was actually emotionally and verbally abusive to both students and parents (several of us complained and NOTHING was done about it). The only highlight was the choir teacher...she was fantastic. I would never send a child to this school! My child left traumatized.

Great school, retired military and my kids wanted to come back to Herndon. Great small town in a big city.

I love this school i had two sons that when their they loved the teachers and loved how fun it was. When I met the teachers they were nice and very pulight.

I have had 3 graduate from Herndon High school. The teachers and staff were always helpful and available if my kids needed extra help. Our boys both played lacrosse and our daughter played volleyball and was in choir. The choir department at HHS is one of the best in the county. The other parents are supportive and helpful with volunteering for sports events or choir events. Everyone works together well. Our children have all gone to VA colleges with 2 graduating this year. I highly recommend the school!

My son came to HHS after attending private school for a number of years. He has found the teachers to be engaged, the work to be challenging and the students to be friendly. He is extremely happy that he chose Herndon for his high school.

Herndon High is a wonderful school. Excellent and caring staff. According to Newsweek Herndon High ranked 152. Herndon has a great AP/Honors program. It is such a diverse school. My child really loves this school.

I love Herndon High School because the teachers make it a fun, friendly enviroment. They always find a fun innovative way to teach their assigned subject. Herndon provides a very safe diverse learning enviroment. They offer a wide varity of clubs and teams. Everything from the expected football team to the amazing but almost never heard or robotics team. I just love Herndon High and all the people who make it such an amazing place.

My daughter transferred from a private school and we have been VERY pleased with the strong sense of community and the enthusiasm of the teachers. There is something at this school for everyone. The kids that we know are very involved. The number of students that they sent to the University of Virginia last year (very competitive) is testament to what a great job they are doing at HHS!

If you are a minority I would suggest you find another school. Herndon High was the worst school I have ever attended. When I was going to the school, I felt that I was targeted by the staff as a bad apple just because of my skin. Maybe if I was not a student of color I might have had a different experience. I feel as though this school has to fill some kind of quota that is the reason they treat the students as so. Unless you were an AP or honor student, you didn't matter. There was a lack of care from most of the teachers. Had I not gone to schools in other states, I might not have gone to college if my decision was base on my experience of Herndon High.

Wow. Everyone I know is so pleased with the calibre of the instruction at HHS. The teachers are really wonderful--running interesting discusions, getting students involved, being available if kids need help...they are just great. The kids are really good kids too. It's a diverse school, yet it's clear when you visit that the kids just accept each other. Generally, the students are really decent and respectful to one another. This may be due to the model set by the teachers and administration. The parents involvement is also wonderful. You'll find no 'cliques' keeping you from getting involved. All the parents are just there to help support the school and make it the best it can be. It's a lot of fun.

Last modified Herndon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.