Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

As with all schools, some teachers seem to be better than others. I think you'd be surprised just what exactly each teacher can provide to their class (above and beyond) what is expected.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is designed to reinforce what was learned in class. It should not take all night. My kids are all very busy with sports and sometimes need to make their homework up on the weekend, but it normally doesn't take very long once they have time to sit down and do it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is the schools theme. The kids repeat it regularly and seem to learn what it means.

My children started at OHE in Kindergarten. We liked the teachers so much that we chose to keep them there even after moving to another schools area. The teachers really seem to care about the kids, even years after they are no longer in their classroom. OHE uniforms make it easy for the kids to decide what to wear. I love the dedication this school has to its students and their families! OHE is my families school of choice!

Great teachers, very attentive. My kids feel safe here and they have a lot of great programs.

The staff is extremely friendly and caring about the students. My daughters teacher keeps in contact with me regularly. The grounds are nice and I love all the new equipment they are getting. I like that this school doesn't have any of those trashy portable unit. My only gripe is that they need to provide more busses or get the pick up area under control. People having to drive down the wrong side of the road to get past isnt safe.

The schools great! Very clean and presentable. They even installed more swings and 2 new play sets this year. Lots of extra events for the kids to participate in after school throughout the year. I feel like my daughter is getting a lot of the arts as well with all the stuff she brings home. Her teacher has been absolutely wonderful we keep in touch on a regular basis and she lets me know how my daughter is doing in class. She had a rough start to the year and the teacher has done amazing helping her get on track. I like the school uniforms as it keeps my daughter from ruining her other clothes. She actually really enjoyed matching all her friends at school. It is nice that they offer different dress up days throughout the year as well. My only hope is that my daughter can go to the school next year as well.

Hello my name is Pricilla T. I have two students who attend OHE and next year our other child will attended. I 100.0% Love the school. The principle is great with the students and the staff truly cares for the students. I love the fact the school is always on guard who comes on the campus and don't mind asking have you checked in at the office. The principle and staff has great order with the students. I can say the school did have fun activities for the kids. I 110% would recommend this school to anyone. The education is very well thought through. I love this school and feel its the best our children ever attended. Oh ,and the children wear uniforms which we love!!

I am proud to call Oak Harbor Elementary my children's school. The principal is always involved in the activities in the building and is in tune to the needs of the students and the parents. The staff work well together to provide the best learning environment for the students. I love having uniforms. It creates a stress free morning and learning environment when clothing isn't the focus. I wish there was more parent involvement, but each year is different than the last and I believe we are building up our parent involvement.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Oak Harbor Elementary focuses on community involvement within and outside of school walls. They learn about different cultures within Oak Harbor as one of their grade level projects. They have many programs promoting students who are honest and fair.

Last modified Oak Harbor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.