Oak Harbor, WA
After care: No

Posted August 22, 2014
I am proud to call Oak Harbor Elementary my children's school. The principal is always involved in the activities in the building and is in tune to the needs of the students and the parents. The staff work well together to provide the best learning environment for the students. I love having uniforms. It creates a stress free morning and learning environment when clothing isn't the focus. I wish there was more parent involvement, but each year is different than the last and I believe we are building up our parent involvement.

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009
This school has a strong early childhood program. I like the school uniforms and some of the great extras that come with a school of choice. I would recommend this school to other parents.

Oak Harbor Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
My son attended half day kindergarter at Oak Harbor Elementary. We loved his teacher (Wrightson) and the family activities (math night, art night, etc). The building, although older, is always clean and well maintained. Our son, being half day, did not use the playground. The drop off/pick up system is well coordinated for the safety of the children (much better than the other elementary schools in town). The Eagle Award system gives kids a chance to stand out for good behavior/performance. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and you always see a few around the building. My only complaint is that the PTA could vary meeting times, minot complaint indeed! Class sizes are large, but that is Oak Harbor (and Washington state) in general.

Oak Harbor Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2009
I absolutely love this school. I decided to send my children here after my son spent a year at OVE, which is embarrassingly sub-par. I was very pleased with the teacher's encouragement of parental involvement. The art/music programs are wonderful. The school is clean and very well maintained. The teachers and staff are very friendly. I wasn't thrilled about the uniform policy, but it's a small concession to make for the great learning environment.

Oak Harbor Elementary School 0

Posted May 30, 2008
The OHE teachers and NWMS teachers have difficulty dealing with their students because of the Navy influences. I think the attitude of NWMS teachers is that the kids will rotate out like their parents do to a different town. So why bother to offer the kids something positive.

Posted April 06, 2008
I am appalled at the reviews written here. This school is awesome. I have found nothing but helpful teachers and great curriculum. Being a teacher myself in MS, I find that all the kids coming from this school are well prepared and ready for 6th grade. I believe the parents who wrote these reviews are probably parents who have difficult students behaviorally or are those parents that I deal with who need to be reassured daily that their child is special.

Posted February 07, 2008

Posted November 02, 2007
This school has been a big let down for our family! If you are looking for high academic success for you child this is not the school to attend. Every year the school is scatter brained trying to choose a subject to focus on and every year their WASL scores get lower and lower. Safety at this school is also horrible. The one blessing at this school is the Art, Music, and PE teachers they are top notch and definately are the highlight of the school.

Oak Harbor Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2007
My child attended this school for part of Kindergarten. Because it was only half days, I feel he didn't learn much. He didn't have much work to do. When I asked what he learned, he never could tell me anything. We moved to GA, and he was extremely behind the children at his new school. It took almost the rest of the year to get caught up to them. I did like the uniform policy, the playgrounds and the appearance of the building.

Oak Harbor Elementary School
151 SE Midway Blvd, Oak Harbor, WA  98277
Last modified Oak Harbor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Harbor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top