Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff care about every child in this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Any concerns are taken seriously by teachers and the principal.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Anita the secretary. Mr. DSK the Principal. The teachers. The PTO. ALL are amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter has been blessed with two amazing teachers at Madison!

It's very important to me that the teachers and staff treat the children as individuals. That each child is special and feels special. My child loves her teachers. My child loves the staff. She knows them and they know her. It is also important to me that I'm at a school where there is a sense of community. The parents care so much. The PTO is amazing and they strive to make memories that will last and experiences that will brighten each child's lives. Anita is the school secretary and she's the GLUE! I can't imagine our school without her! The Principal. I could never ask for anything more! When you imagine the perfect principal who cares, who loves, who wants nothing but the best for his students... it's Mr. DSK. He makes eye contact with you. He smiles at you. He smiles at the children. His voice always carries a note of kindness and positivity. I'm thankful that my child goes here and that my second will go here as well.

Madison is the best school in the region. Our daughter has grown in the four years that she's attended the school. The Pre School program has a great National Board Certified Teacher that runs an excellent program. The Principal, Mr. DSK, is an authentic leader that is here for all students. I highly recommend this school to any parents living in the service area.

First, the principal Mr. DSk is very kind and attentive to what you say. As a mother who has a child with severe food allergies, I always speak my mind to keep my kid safe at school and Mr. DSK goes up and beyond to make sure my kid and all kids are safe while at school. Secondly, all the staffs there are very helpful and kind with everything that you need. From the teachers, the secretary, the lunch monitor lady, etc. You feel welcome and it's really like your family every time I visit my son at lunch time. I am very grateful that both my kids got to experience such positive environment in this school.

Madison is a great school housed in a beautiful building. The principal Mr. DSK plays his guitar at assemblies and the children sing along. Anita the secretary knows every childs name. There's a garden out back where the kids get to explore nature. There are lots of fantastic family friendly events like the Trick or Treat Carnival and Movie Night. Madison continues to grow and get better every year.

I am not a Madison parent but I do substitute at Madison regularly. Madison is my favorite school to substitute. The staff is friendly, the children well behaved and respectful, and the teachers leave great lesson plans! (This shows me that Madison teachers plan their lessons ahead of time, and they plan them well too!) The Madison principal (Mr. Spatola-Knoll) is the only administrator who has ever visited me before students arrive to introduce himself and ask if I need anything. (He even offered to bring me a cup of coffee from the staff room!) He seems to visit the classrooms several times throughout the day and interacts positively with the children. Classrooms are tidy and colorful. Unlike some other schools where teachers are allowed to wear t-shits, shorts, and old sneakers, the staff at Madison dresses nicely. The atmosphere at Madison is relaxed, positive, and professional. Madison is great place for kids (and substitute teachers). A+

Madison is one of two Olympia schools with a part time principal, the other is Boston Harbor The school district says student numbers at Madison and Boston Harbor are too low for a full time principal. Is that so? In that case how does the school board justify a full time principal at the alternative HS which only has 120 students? As of today, Madison has 280 students and Boston Harbor 170. At least three other elementary schools have student numbers only a little higher than Madison. Why is the district so adamant on saving a few dollars at the expense of these two schools while at the same time they are over staffing the alternative programs (Avanti, ORLA, Lincoln, and Leyland Brown) with full time administrators and free transportation? With the passing of Initiative 1351 the district will need to step up to its responsibilities and gives Madison and Boston Harbor full time principals.

Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.