Poulsbo, WA
After care: No

Posted July 21, 2014
If you want your children to have the best head start in college and real life, you should consider sending them here. Small class sizes, caring teachers and staff. A huge emphasis is placed on creative learning and exploration. Minds are opened to possibilities kids didn't even know existed. International exposure serves children so well. And huge emphasis is placed on post secondary preparation, including scholarships. Two thumbs way up.

Posted December 11, 2013
West Sound Academy is the ideal school for families that are seeking academic challenge for their children in a supportive community. The teachers have heart! They get to know each student as the class sizes are small and there is great communication with families through their online school management system. We are a very tight knit school. I have two kids here and have watched them flourish! I've also hosted international students and love what they bring to the classroom and our community. Each of them has found success in their futures and holds their WSA experience as a key factor in that success. The kids are prepared for real life challenges, not just college. Kids are free to be themselves without social pressures, and when you have that environment, their creativity is unstoppable and they develop a love of learning. Wonderful place. I wouldn't want my kids any where else.

Posted November 14, 2013
West Sound Academy has been an enriching environment for our high schooler to grow socially, academically and artistically. We are very happy with the academic rigor and international influence that shows up every day as the international students study alongside. The value of the deeper IB learning environment encourages the students to blend their subjects in ways that connect the many nuances between discilpines.

Posted November 08, 2013
My sons have both attended West Sound Academy. This school brings to light the true value of learning. That education is the cornerstone in a person's life. The philosophy of creating creative, independent life long learners is seen throughout the entire community. The students are challenged, stretched, and nutured all at the same time. I believe an education from West Sound Academy prepares my child for the future at a level I never imagined was possible when I became a parent. There are caring invested staff. There is a rich international culture. There is a community of students wanting to grow and learn every day. I cannot even beging to put a price on what this school has done for our family.

Posted October 31, 2013
We feel extremely fortunate to have found West Sound Academy. Coming from a homeschool environment, the small class sizes and welcoming atmosphere allowed our children to quickly gain confidence and thrive in this challenging academic environment. The faculty and staff are top-notch and truly treat each child as part of their family. More impressive, are the students themselves. They are extremely conscientious, well-rounded, polite, articulate and support each other. I continue to be extremely impressed with West Sound Academy.

Posted October 18, 2013
We chose West Sound Academy for our two children because of the academics, small class size, the success stories to launch students fully prepared to enter college. The critical thinking that goes along with the teaching at the school is something the students will fall back on for a life time. The school becomes like family - looking out for every student, offering a helping hand when needed, pushing students to succeed and believe in themself. The school has an up & coming STEM program which is important to us.

Posted October 17, 2013
I am so thankful for West Sound Academy and what it offers my daughter academically socially, and emotionally. Small class sizes, dedicated faculty, community-oriented, IB program allows students to begin college as sophomores (saving parents money), focus on math and science as well as the arts, everything I was looking for in a school and more. I am so impressed with this school, it is worth the tuition (and also offers scholarships & financial aid) and compared to Seattle private schools, it's a bargain for what each student receives. I'm so thankful to have this school in Kitsap County--it's truly filling a need no other schools around are. All classes are AP, and any extra help students need is there as well as a truly supportive faculty and administration. An incredible school for parents who want the best for their kids and for kids who want to do well academically and get a little more advantage when it comes to college and his or her future. Kind smart kids doing good things in the community (and the world), truly makes me thankful for West Sound Academy.

Posted May 03, 2013
We sent our child here for middle school to avoid the public middle school in Kingston, which has been having some issues and huge budget cuts, however we were so impressed with the students, classes, and academics, we will continue with this school through graduation! It is such a wonderful experience to send your child to a school that they love and you love. Their students have won state in math and history bowls and continued on to Washington DC for Nationals. We didn't think we'd love a small school, but now I will never return my children to overfilled classrooms. The student to teacher ratio is fantastic and they truly know and respect each child for who he or she is.

Posted November 10, 2010
I am a parent of two students who attend West Sound Academy. I am overtly impressed with the faculty and families that have been drawn to this school. My son is excelling in the music program; learning to compose, play and understand theory. At public schools his papers were filled with red edit marks. When the WSA instructor worked one on one with him he learned to self-edit. He now has his voice through music and writing. Even though the classes are more rigorous he gets stellar grades. My daughter is a math and science star and yet she had a hard time navigating the public school framework. Now she is excelling and able to work independently in a personalized math program. The focus on having international students and global awareness is life-altering. The Jan term program has allowed both of my children to spend a month digging deep into an interest of theirs. Between the personalized approach, the IB diploma, the focus on a global and international perspective, and the sense of safety and care the community provides I have no complaints and encourage all to check it out,

Posted May 12, 2010
I am a parent of two WSA students. Our experience with the school has been very positive. The teachers are inspiring and supportive, the curriculum is of a high standard. Outdoor experiences during the year enhance the community spirit and develop a sense of responsibility for the environment. Thank you WSA

West Sound Academy