Franklin-Pierce High School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
I am a junior here and honestly, i don't like it. The people ruin it for you, i know you should be focused academic-wise but that sucks too. There is many cliques, gossiping, pregnant girls and innapropriate slurs and remarks sometimes. This school is not that diverse, there is mostly white people which isn't a issue but there is fights, rude and ignorant classmates and the feeling isn't great, since i was a freshmen the attendance office and the office ladies always seem to be ''busy'' or ''not able to help'' you or some trash like that and it upsets me, my sister isn't going here and my brother left because the students act uneducated, rude and stupid. The grading system is horrible, i hate it. But you can go here if you like to work hard, stay focused and have no friends. There is so many cliques and ALOT of people talk trash and drama likes to spread, i am not going here next year, It could improve by the teachers strictness, they all seem chill and relaxed more then focused on our academic growth and issues. The Counselors don't help AT ALL, they just want their paychecks. I could do what they do, that's the real reason why FP is Below Average, THEY DON"T CARE.

Franklin-Pierce High School 5

Posted November 29, 2013
I have gone so far as to get an exception for my children to goto Franklin Pierce. Both my girls love their school, are active in sports and are honor students in a couple AP classes that are difficult enough to actually make them study. My oldest is going into running start this next year because of teacher support and curriculum available to give students the tools todo so. Thank you FP, GO Cardinals!!!!!

Franklin-Pierce High School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
okay first off i am current FPHS Cardinal and proud to be one. when i looked at all the reviews it really brought me down because they were all negative. FPHS is a great wonderful school, it has great educations and high test scores. the teachers are great and connect well with the students. the school programs like S.A.D.D (students against destructive descision) and Leadership are real fun and i suggest studnets to try them out. also our school is a very sporty kind of school. people show up to every game and join the Scream Team ( a team that screams motivation cheers like " we have spirit yes we do we have spirit how about you.") we also have a great school band and choir. im not sure about quire since im not in it but i cant tell you about the band. the band plays at every home game. we consist of flutes, clarinets, saxphones both alto and bass, trumbets, trombones, tubas, french horn and percussion. its a grreat program its fun and i highly suggest it. FPHS is a overall a great school for your child, im sorry if this comment was a waste of time. so anyways thankyou for suggest FPHS the home of the Cardinals

Franklin-Pierce High School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
When I attended F.P. ( class of 79 ) it was a better institution than it is today . The instructors with very few exceptions where professionals and behaved in a manner that demonstrated it . I have now been witness to the substandard habits of immature teachers who belittle and ridicule some students while they groom and care for their favorites. I am certain that there are still some stalwart professionals that attempt to ply their profession in this school , but with the current curriculum that is dictated to them I fear that that they will not be able to succeed. All the wile there are those who would further degrade their chosen profession by trying to deceive and mislead both student and parent so as to conceal their own inept behavior and moral shortcomings. As both a parent and a grandfather to students in this district I am appalled and infuriated with some of the administration and faculty who are no better than swine gorging themselves at the trough .

Franklin-Pierce High School 5

Posted March 05, 2010
I graduated in 2007, and went to franklin pierce all 4 years of my high school career. I recommend it over any other school, because it offers great culture, and all of my classmates whom went to college immediately after graduating are very well rounded. There is indeed a problem with students being able to skip class when and where ever they possibly can, because there is a lack of security guards or faculty patrolling the ground while classes are in session. It's a big sports school, when I was a student, all of our sports teams excelled to state championships, there's plenty of school spirit, and for a public high school, Franklin Pierce is the best you can hope for in that area. All other surrounding schools have high crime incidens, low testing scores, and disciplinary problems. I would recommend FP highly.

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted August 27, 2008
I have a son in special ed and the spec. ed department is great but there has always been a lack of tolerence from a lot of the general ed staff and students. My son is legally blind and they no remenial classes or in school teacher assistant slots reserved for these kids. I feel they would benefit fcrom the general ed student exposure! Maybe it is due to the lack of dicipline and accountabilty for students, thus fearing the sp. ed students safety????

Posted August 07, 2008

Franklin-Pierce High School 0

Posted July 15, 2008
The school does not take any action with student disipline...they worry too much about distractions like hats or cell phones but when a student is in need of dicipline they dont do anything about it....I'm a living example of that and thats why i'm not going back to Franklin Pierce. Don't get me wrong I love the school, the teachers, my friends, but the dicipline needs to increase in certain areas, because now I feel unimportant and that's taking me away from all the things I love at Franklin Pierce.

Posted March 28, 2008
the school has certainly seen better days. the teachers are not to blame for the students lack of discipline at home -- there has been a fall of lack of respect for one another, as well for teachers. FPHS has aonderful business program, and medical program.

Franklin-Pierce High School
11002 18th Ave East, Tacoma, WA  98445
Last modified Franklin-Pierce High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin-Pierce High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top