Vancouver, WA

Posted May 02, 2014
My son's attitude has changed from "do I have to go to school" to "Dad, please hurry up, I don't want to be late" since he joined Cascadia. The Montessori system is the perfect match for his learning style. Ms. Kim Kuhle his teacher knows his strengths and weaknesses and uses them to get his best performance. Ms. Danielle Benge, the school director, is very accessible and commited leader. Mis

Posted May 01, 2014
Excellent education, nurturing, kind, involved, smart-these are what come to mind when I think of what Cascadia is to us and so many other families. The school is truly amazing. Our children have blossomed attending Cascadia and we know they will continue to do so. We are so grateful to have found this school. Our girls' self esteem and confidence couldn't be higher. That is a difficult quality to instill in girls in this day and age. Thank you to Cascadia for providing such a loving environment.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have two sons at Cascadia and it has been a wonderful learning environment as well as a very supportive social environment for both of them. The teachers are caring and the parent community is helpful and fun to be a part of. I highly recommend Cascadia!

Posted April 30, 2014
My children are students at Cascadia School. I am so thankful for this school for many reasons. First of all my kids love to go to school and are internally motivated to learn...they enjoy it :-) Cascadia fosters the development of the "whole child" ... it's not just about academics, it's also about collaboration, the use of non-violent communication skills, connecting the child with his/her community outside of the school, encouraging the child to follow his/her curiousity and passion while providing the framework of support and direction, building confidence and a sense of personal responsibility, teachers guiding and encouraging children to investigate and discover otherwise known as "active learning." My children have been at Cascadia for nearly 4 years and I have seen the positive results in my own family of a Montessori based learning environment. I highly encourage any parents wanting to support their child fully to find out more by visiting Cascadia and observing in a classroom. Discover for yourself how amazing the child-driven learning style of education can be!

Posted April 30, 2014
This is my son's second year at Cascadia and we love it. He was in public school for his first two years and the experience was not good. He seemed to be in the principal's office more then the classroom and did not like school. He wasn't challenged and was bored. Since we switched to Cascadia and the Montessori approach to learning, he has been happy to go to school and excited about learning. It's a great environment with a very accessible staff willing to give and receive input. It's a good individual approach to each child, since the class sizes are small. Very high level of parent involvement and a great school family.

Posted April 27, 2014
Cascadia has been a great experience for my son. He has Asperger's as well as ADHD, and the supportive environment at Cascadia has been wonderful. The hands-on and interactive Montessori teaching style is much more effective for him than the typical desk-bound classroom, and he looks forward to going to school each day. Cascadia is a close-knit community of great staff, parents and alumni who are all dedicated to the success of the kids.

Posted April 26, 2014
This is my son's third year at Cascadia School. Cascadia is more than a school to my son. It is his extended family. Cascadia thrives on a strong sense of community--creating a very safe and nurturing environment. The mixed-grade classrooms (1st-3rd, 4th-6th, and 7th-8th) allow the children to learn from each other. The older children become mentors. The younger children are motivated by observing the work the older students are doing--challenging them to keep learning. While there is independent work, the opportunity to often work together teaches the children about teamwork, cooperation, empathy, and patience. These skills are seen not only in the classroom, but in after-school settings such as childcare and on-site classes. My son has never said he doesn't want to go to school, but often says he doesn't want to leave. He loves learning! He loves his teachers! I am confident that Cascadia School is the perfect place for my son to be.

Posted April 23, 2014
We absolutely love Cascadia! My son came from public school and was only able to move at the pace of the whole class, and often that is catered to the lowest performing students in the class. My son was starting to get bored; and this was tragic for us because he LOVES to learn. He has always enjoyed school and to see the light inside of him start to dim was so hard to watch as a parent. Since his switch to Cascadia we have seen the light inside of him switch back on. He is back to loving learning. I see no constraints or bounds to his potential and learning. Every day he comes home and talks about his lessons or research projects, or whatever excites him. I can now breathe easy knowing he is pushing himself and learning how to own his education, which means setting goals and figuring out ways he has to achieve those goals, with the help of his peers and/or teacher. We want him to know that he is responsible to learn and grow and that learning is a lifelong pursuit that is enjoyable and we feel like Cascadia is fostering that in him.

Posted April 22, 2014
My daughter loves Cascadia and the learning environment is superb. She has flourished with reading, spelling, and writing in particular and the Cascadia teaching staff has even got her interested in math. The individualized curriculum and the caring teachers are everything I could have hoped for in a school, and the admin staff on the ball. I would highly recommend Cascadia, and I only wish I would have found it earlier!

Posted April 21, 2014
Cascadia is a wonderful school for my daughter. She thrives in the Montessori environment at Cascadia. She is excited for school everyday. She is so confident in herself and I believe that is because the Cascadia school environment encourages children to respect each other as well as becoming independent thinkers. The teachers and administration are dedicated to a pnurturing, caring, yet challenging learning environment.

Cascadia School