Share your story

Leaving a review of your school is a trusted, simple way to help your community.

Check out these tips before you get started.

Recent reviews

- a Parent / Guardian
This school is terrible for children with mental health issues. They constantly call CPS and the counselors are sub par. Avoid this school if your kids have mental issues.
A review for Lake Belton Middle School in Temple, TX

- a Parent / Guardian
I have a child currently in 6th grade at this school. I can not express how much I love this school! The principals are amazing, the teachers are amazing, and the students are even better. In my experience the PK-8 model is a much better experience than it being an elementary and middle school. The middle school kids are given responsibilities on the elementary side and are set up as role models for the younger kids. They are held to a higher standard because they have to lead the younger grades. The facilities are as good as they can be in a school of this age. Very clean and well kept, they have pride in their school. I have had options to move my kid and couldn’t dream of it. It says a lot when parents out of district will pass schools just to bring their kids to Hamlin! The community support is unreal!!!
A review for Hamlin Pk-8 in Hamlin, WV

- a Parent / Guardian
This school has exceeded our expectations in every way. The academics are superb, and the teachers are so supportive and work so hard to make sure all students succeed. Smaller class sizes encourage thoughtful discussion and hands on learning. There are so many sports and clubs, there is something for everyone. Their arts program is excellent. And my wife and I love that our 2 children are having a wonderful high school experience and look forward to going to school every day.
A review for Immaculate High School in Danbury, CT

- a Parent / Guardian
This school lost a lot of its teachers and students after the pandemic. It’s once thriving and involved parent base has struggled to return. It is difficult to drive to the school as it is precariously wedged in with TL and Mariposa. In addition to this, the student preparation for the next level (high school), particularly as it relates to math, is behind the other schools in the area. Bullying has become a problem and is not adequately being addressed. SCLC needs a revamp and to engage it parents again. Lots of work to do.
A review for San Carlos Charter Learning Center in San Carlos, CA

- a Parent / Guardian
We have two kids at Blessed and they are both having a great experience. We toured just about about every public and private school in east and central Denver. Blessed Sacrament was the best all around. This school felt like the right mix of academics and whole child development. The values of the leadership and teachers are strong. The families work hard to create a culture and connection with one another. There are schools with fancier buildings but Blessed is focused on what matters most.
A review for Blessed Sacrament Catholic School in Denver, CO

- a Parent / Guardian
School is understaffed so they made the junior coach program to have the 5th graders watch the 1st and 2nd graders, 6graders watch the 3rd graders and so on. Not only do they have the young kids watch the younger ones they also yell and demand them to do things with lack of respect. This school is not a good school! If you have another option find a alternative option cuz your kids will be yelled at here and the principal will not help find any solutions.
A review for Garvy J Elementary School in Chicago, IL

- a Parent / Guardian
My daughter just started PK at St. Ann’s. This is a place where I know she is loved. She is greeted each morning by the Principal and Assistant Principal with a high five. As soon as she sees her classmates she greets them with a hug and they run in together happy to start their day. At home I can see she is growing in knowledge and she is growing as a person - in patience and empathy. I really appreciate that the school works with each student and challenges them to go farther.
A review for St Ann Elementary School in Chicago, IL

- a Parent / Guardian
Bolton is the local school for the Ardmore/Hawthorne community which is primarily comprised of middle-class homes with college educated parents. However, 99% of students come from low-income families—it’s right here on great schools. That is because Ardmore families do not send their children to Bolton. There are six families on my block with young elementary kids and now that I have withdrawn my child...zero attend Bolton. It's private school or home school. Bolton buses children in from across the city for diversity in a huge gerrymandered school zone that doesn’t serve anyone properly. The culture is not conducive to learning and is focused on discipline, procedure, and lots of worksheets. Our daughter was here less that 4 months and we had two incidents of her having to defend herself from pushing and touching her clothes by little boys. We also had to opt-out of homework because our kindergartener was given assignments to complete over the course of a month. You get to choose the assignments, but kindergarteners should NOT have homework. The school looks like the just one I attended for elementary 30 years ago, it’s very old and run down except for large tv’s in every classroom. It did always appear clean though. They use an app called Classdojo to communicate with you, but you have to send written letters to them about everything even with phone calls and app messages. They tell you not to send your child with any sickness whatsoever, yet badger you about an absence. There is no accountability, everything is blamed on their "Systems" and "Procedures." You’re treated as if you should be grateful, you as a parent ,are allowed a modicum of inclusion in your child’s education. We’re completely done with public school and WSFCS in general halfway through Kindergarten due our experience here. If you parent intentionally, please consider other options before sending your child here.
A review for Bolton Elementary in Winston Salem, NC

- a Parent / Guardian
This school is horrible. The principal is out of control and has no clue as to what is going on and allows chaos. There is no care about the students learning or attendance. I don’t know what they are doing here nor will you be given any insight into what they’re learning if yiy are asked. If you are a parent who cares, you will be looked at with suspicion. Do not send your kids here. It’s just a system preparing kids for failure and low expectations
A review for Louis D. Armstrong Middle School in Los Angeles, CA

- a Parent / Guardian
Poor leadership from the top down. Do your family a favor and look elsewhere - you'll be glad you did.
A review for Orange Grove Middle School in Tucson, AZ

- a Parent / Guardian
It’s a place where you will feel supported and they will do anything they can to help you if you show that you are interested and you are ready to work hard! If English is not your first language, this school is definitely for you!
A review for Emma Lazarus High School in New York, NY

- a Parent / Guardian
My Child has autism and this school allowed him to be hurt and we had to beg for incident reports 2 head injuries they don’t care about low income families with disabilities.
A review for San Ramon Elementary School in Novato, CA

- a Current student
This is my second year going here, and I am not sure that I would send my kids here, if I ever have any. Constant bullying to kids who are the most vulnerable, which I do find disgusting. But the root of the problem does not lie in the hands of the students, but instead in the hands of those teaching those students. Now, I am not saying that every teacher there is to blame, in fact many of them are amazing. What I am saying is that educators that don’t give 100% and more aren’t doing their job. Anyone that wants to work at a school or does work at a school should know this. I think the fault lies in the hands of the principal, Ms. Hicks. The principal is so-not-devoted to this school that it is sickening. Should she be fired? That’s for her and higher authorities to decide, but that does not stop me from saying yes, she most definitely should be fired. The first day I came here I was so scared of the principal. But I STILL AM. I want to let anyone who reads this know that this school is not good for your kids and not good for teachers that work here. So many teachers have left because of the principal. Which is so sad because I remember some of the greatest teachers I have ever been taught by being here. But they don’t work here anymore. Many current teachers don’t like Ms. Hicks either. So sad that a city so nice could have such a depressing school inside of it. Choose somewhere else, parents and guardians. This way your kids won’t come home saying, “I hate school” or anything else.
A review for Langston Middle School in Oberlin, OH

- a Parent / Guardian
I sent my children to this school from 1st grade all the way to 5th and is severely disappointed. My kids where victims of bullying from students and even a 4th grade teacher. When reported to the admin, they did not bat an eye. They basically ignored it and told my kids to figure it out themselves rather then helping them figure it out. My children are now in high school and are severely behind in math because of them being sent to a “special help class” called learning lab which brought them back to 1st grade Level math at the age of 10. They basically re-taught things they already had down instead of helping them understand the things they where learning. The bullying was ignored and the diversity was horrible. Causing sever racism for the children of color. I am beyond disappointed with this school and some of the staff members. My eldest was so badly bullied he had to transfer classes and my child was still to blame because the boy who was bullying my son had connections to the principal and other admins because his mother worked at the school. This school is not fair to kids who don’t fit a certain criteria.
A review for Village Elementary School in Coronado, CA

- a Parent / Guardian
I Dont even know where to start with this middle school, its Horrible Theres alot of racial discrimination religion discrimination! from experience My daughter has suffer Racial discrimination and Religion discrimination by group of teachers, Been to school spoken to South region and District and nothing is done! they Broom it under the rug! My daughter has been a victim of a witch hunt by these teachers in this school due to our Religion, come to find out that other parents have gone to school with the same issue that we are having! to the point that my daughter cant even ask to use the restroom with out being given a referral by these certain Teachers, this school will bill up there files to then suspend them and send them to opportunity schools! while the Region knows all thats going on! I wouldnt recomend any parent to put there child in this school because they will destroy your child! self-esteem self-confidence and they will turn off your kids self light!
A review for Paul W. Bell Middle School in Miami, FL