Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 4

Posted August 27, 2015
This is our 3rd year at KCSMA and I can't say enough about how wonderful the teachers have been. I am concerned about the teacher turn over though. This school is not perfect, but what school is. Hopefully there will be some positive changes to come this year.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
They had an incident in which students were throwing rocks at cars. Tell me if that's developing respect.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
I dropped off my daughters lunch and asked that she gets it and she didn't get it until after lunch was over. This happened twice. Her teacher then told her that it's not her problem.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 26, 2015
I feel this way because they have no counseling to deal with situations that the administration is not trained to handle.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 1

Posted August 26, 2015
This school has no soul. It starts from the top. They will target your kid and mistreat them if they don't like the parents. They had a teachers husband visit the school to speak to a 5 th grader who had a crush on his wife, who was his teacher. The kid who had a crush on the teacher, punched the husband and gave him a bloody nose. What self respecting school allows this to happen? They are the worse. If you want your kid to be in a nurturing environment, this ain't it. There are so many stories of ineptitude that they are sweeping under the rug.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2015
Unless you are zoned for a really terrible school do not go here. The principal and her assistant principal are rude and unprofessional. The new enrollment specialists are an absolute joke. They want to do better as a school but just can't pull it together. They say everything that goes wrong is due to lack of funding. You can only use that excuse for so long. We left the school we were zoned for to go to the charter school thinking we would get what they promised. They said they had smaller class sizes but my son had more students in his class. Then a few weeks into the school year his class size grew because a teacher left after only a few weeks and they dispersed her class. I don't think his teacher ever really recovered from that. He went into 1st grade on a 3rd grade reading level and left on a 3rd grade reading level. He had a lot of "busy work" homework and really missed actually having music and art. We simply could not let our twins start Kindergarten there. We worked hard with our son over the summer and got tutoring so he would get caught up and be ready for 2nd grade. We are happily back at our old school and will never leave again. This school has some major financial issues and many are self inflicted. It's not a good feeling knowing that utility bills are not paid on time and that the internet rarely works for the teachers. The good teachers all leave and are replaced by brand new teachers. School board meetings and meetings with the principal are jokes. There are too many problems and they don't have qualified people in place to fix them.

Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy 5

Posted August 10, 2015
I am a parent of a current 4th grade and my child has attended KCSMA since Kindergarten. We are very please with his education. When the child is excited about going to school and is proud to say where he goes, then I am a happy parent. Please know that I understand the school is not perfect, but I have been very pleased with the school for the past 5 years.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 10, 2015
I am from the traditional mindset and look for a lot of homework, but as the principal has explained, they have a different approach.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
This is part of their focus. The school seems to take this seriously. My son is very confident and compassionate with others.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted August 05, 2015
In my opinion, Kennesaw Charter Science and math academy needs more consistency in this area.

3010 Cobb Parkway North, Kennesaw, GA  30144
Last modified Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennesaw Charter Science & Math Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 244 reviews. Top