Harmony Science Academy - Laredo 3

Posted November 03, 2009
This is my sons second year at Harmony Science, he is now in the 6th grade. The teachers and staff are very nice the kids are really great. The first year was terrific, my son was very happy there. This year the school doubled in size, the staff and teachers are inexperienced and overwhelmed. The school does not really emphasize reading. My son used to be an avid reader, now there is no time. The homework is unrelentless and many nights he is up til 10 or 11 pm doing his homework. The teachers are inconsistent with grades and posting assignments in the computer. Homework is everyday, more on the weekends. There is no more time for reading, chores, sports, friends TV or games. PE is only once a week and there is no recess. My son is burned out and it is only second six weeks.

Posted November 02, 2009
I am pleased with this school. This is my daughter's 2nd year and she could not be happier. The staff is great, the curriculum is excellent and I love that they challenge the students to their best potential. Grant it I know their main focus is academics and in the long run more beneficial for our children. But, I do wish they still had some of the traditional school activities that the regular schools have ( pep-rallys, holiday celebrations, etc.).

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
I highly recommend this school. They provide an excellent education to the students. My daughter is a student there. She is in the 5th grade, this is her 2nd year at Harmony.

Harmony Science Academy - Laredo
4401 San Francisco Ave, Laredo, TX  78041
Last modified Harmony Science Academy - Laredo is a Charter school that serves grades K-11
Harmony Science Academy - Laredo Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top