GreatSchools.org API Terms of Service
Effective March 10, 2021
Thank you for using the GreatSchools, Inc. (“GS”) API. With the exception of an Enterprise plan which will include a custom licensing agreement (“Enterprise Plan”), the following terms and conditions outline usage requirements and terms for use for the GreatSchools API. By using the GS API (the “API”) under its Free (“Free Plan”), Basic, Professional, and Premium plans (together defined as “Usage Plans”), you and the organization listed in your Request for Service (“You”) accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”).
- GreatSchools.org API
- Applying to Become an Approved Licensee
- To apply to become an approved licensee, please submit a Request for access to the GreatSchools API (“Request”). You hereby represent and warrant to GreatSchools that all information included in your Request is true, complete and accurate. Furthermore, You are responsible for submitting a Request for, and operating under accordance with, the Usage Plans and associated Terms of Service.
- API Service
- GreatSchools API enables approved licensees to obtain and display local school information from GreatSchools’ API database (“GreatSchools API Service”) on their Websites and mobile applications (“Web and Mobile Use”), subject to the conditions and limitations in these Terms of Service. The API includes Usage Plans and associated documentation that allows approved licensees to display results from the GreatSchools API (“GS Content”) in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- GreatSchools reserves the right to approve, reject, or terminate all Requests, and on a case-by-case basis may approve uses of the API beyond Web and Mobile Use. If You would like to use the API for a non-Web and Mobile Use, please submit a Request for our Enterprise plan and describe your proposed use in your Request. GreatSchools may amend these Terms of Service by addendum or provide an Enterprise Plan custom license for approved non-Web and Mobile Uses.
- GS reserves the right to release updated versions of the API and GS Content at any time and to require You to obtain and use the most recent version. GS may modify the Terms of Service at any time with or without notice, and You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service online at any time at https://www.greatschools.org/gk/api-terms-of-service/ (or any other URL as GS may decide from time to time). If a modification is unacceptable to You, You may cancel the Service by stopping your use of the Service and terminating Service per section 15 of these Terms of Service. If You continue to use the Service, You will be deemed to have accepted the modifications.
- License GreatSchools.org API Service
- Effective upon GS’ acceptance of You as an approved licensee pursuant to your Request, and subject to the terms of these Terms of Service (including, without limitation, Section 4 below), GreatSchools will grant You a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license during Your period of API access to: (a) access the API under Your selected Usage Plan, (b) implement the API on Your public-facing Website(s) or Mobile Application specified in your Request (“Website(s) or Mobile Application”), and (c) display GreatSchools API Service and GS Content on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application for consumers to access such data for their personal use, without charge, and without requiring the consumer to sign in or enter a user name and/or pass code to access the data.
- Branding License
- GS grants to You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensible license, during Your period of API access, to 1) access the API, 2) implement the API and GS Content on your Website(s) or Mobile Application specified in your request and 3) display the API, GS’ trademarks, logos and other brands provided by GS (the “GS Brands“) for the purpose of: (i) identifying the GS Content on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application as content provided by GS, (ii) linking to the GreatSchools.org website from Your Website(s) or Mobile Application, and (iii) including in promotional materials as described in Section 8.1 of the licensing agreement. GS Brands may not be modified or changed in any way.
- In using the GS Brands, You agree that You will not:
- Display a GS Brand in any manner that implies a relationship or affiliation with, or sponsorship or endorsement by GS, other than Your use of the API;
- Display a GS Brand on Your site if contains or displays adult content or promotes illegal activities, gambling or the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under twenty-one (21) years of age;
- Display a GS Brand in a manner that is misleading, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging or otherwise objectionable to GS; or
- Remove, distort or alter any element of a GS Brand.
- You understand and agree that GS has the sole discretion to determine whether Your use of the GS Brands is in accordance with the above restrictions.
- License Limitations. Licensee agrees to use the GS Brands in accordance with the Terms of Service and only for purposes specified herein. Licensee agrees not to use GS Brands in any manner that is disparaging or otherwise portraying GS in a negative light. GS may revoke the license to use its Brands at any time by giving Licensee a written notice. All uses by Licensee of GS Brands shall inure to the benefit of the other party as the owner.
- Acceptable Use; Restrictions.
- You agree not to use the API, GreatSchools API Service, GS Content or GS Brands in any way that is unlawful, or that harms GS, its service providers, its suppliers, Your users, or any other person or entity. GS may terminate Your use of the API, GreatSchools API Service, GS Content or GS Brands at any time, including if and when GS determines (at its sole determination) Your use is inappropriate. The licenses granted to You herein are subject to these Terms of Service, including without limitation the following restrictions:
- All calls to the API must be made with Your unique API Key.
- You agree to keep Your API Key confidential, and to not share it with any third party, including without limitation subsidiaries, affiliates and partner organizations. Any third party must submit its own Request and obtain its own API Key.
- You agree to provide the GreatSchools API Service to Your users on an “as is” basis, with disclaimers substantially similar to those set forth in Section 11 of the licensing agreement.
- You may not use the GreatSchools API Service or GS Content to develop a stand-alone application that substantially re-creates the functionality offered by www.GreatSchools.org, or for the purpose of competing directly with www.GreatSchools.org.
- You must clearly and conspicuously display the GS Brands on any Website(s) or Mobile Application page that displays or uses the API or GreatSchools API Service, in accordance with the citation and attribution requirements (“Attribution Requirements”) set in these Terms of Service.
- You may not, and You may not permit Your users or any third parties to, modify, obscure or disable the GreatSchools API Service that You display on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application.
- You agree that You will not display or permit Your users or any third parties to display the GreatSchools API Service in a manner that makes it appear to be available on a third party Website not specifically identified in your Request.
- You may present GreatSchools API data only on a transactional basis. You may not cache or store the GreatSchools API data and agree not to allow Your users to access GreatSchools API Service in bulk. Should You need to cache or store bulk data, You may Request access to our Enterprise Plan.
- You may not use or make available the API Service or GS Content as part of any Web Site or Mobile App that allows users to blog, comment, rate, or otherwise provide feedback regarding schools or related information, or as part of a webpage that promotes the availability of this type of service, on any Website or Mobile App other than a GreatSchools.org Website.
- You must use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the GS Content or API Service from being downloaded in bulk or otherwise scraped. Such efforts include “spider traps,”C.A.P.T.C.H.A.,” velocity checks, source IP analysis, or other methods that are as effective.
- You shall tag links to the GreatSchools.org Website with a “nofollow” attribute to allow search engines to follow or score the link, as described in the Attribution Requirements.
- You agree to use the API and GS API Service only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service. By way of illustration and not limitation, You agree that You will not and will not permit Your users or other third parties to:
- Cache or otherwise store the GS Content;
- Use or provide data elements from the GreatSchools API Service to enhance the data of any third party, including by generating any derivative works using the GS Content or GS API Service;
- Use the GS API Service for direct marketing or telemarketing purposes;
- Interfere with or disrupt GS services or servers or networks connected to GS services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations connected to GS services; or
- Transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or any items of a destructive nature.
- Use or display GS Content in conjunction with, next to or in addition to any other kindergarten through twelfth grade school quality content that is similar in nature to the GS Content. Examples of similar content include school quality ratings, user generated ratings and reviews and test scores for kindergarten through twelfth grade schools.
- Rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the GS Content.
- You may not keep any copies of the GS Content. Your license to GS Content and GreatSchools API Service is limited to making direct server calls to GreatSchools.org for the GreatSchools API data and to distributing the GS Content to Your users immediately upon receipt by Your server(s).
- You agree to refrain from reproducing, modifying, distributing, decompiling, disassembling or reverse engineering any portion of the GS Content, API or any GS API Service.
- You understand and agree that You are solely responsible for providing user support and any other technical assistance for any implementation of the API in Your Website(s) or Mobile Application. GS is under no obligation to provide You or Your users with user support or any other technical assistance.
- If You become aware that any user of Your implementation of the API is in material breach of these Terms of Service (including, without limitation, the Attribution Requirements set forth below), You agree to notify GS promptly by sending an email to email@example.com, and to take prompt, commercially reasonable action at Your expense to remedy the breach.
- Ownership of Data
- GS shall own all right, title and interest in and to any user data or information of any kind (“User Data”) obtained or derived by GS from the GS Web Sites. Such User Data will not be provided to You, and You shall not have any right to access or use such User Data.
- You shall not assert any intellectual property rights against GS or its licensors to challenge GS’ or its licensors’ ownership of and rights in the GS Content. You acknowledge that the GS Content may contain “data compilations” subject to the Copyright Act of 1976 (codified at 17 U.S.C. §§ 101 et. seq.) and defined in Section 101 of that act as “a work formed by the collection and assembling of preexisting materials or of data that are selected, coordinated or arranged in such a way that the resulting work as a whole constitutes an original work of authorship.” You also acknowledge that the GS Content may contain information that is licensed by GS from third parties.
- Limited Relationship
- The relationship between You and GS is one of independent contractors. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, partnership, joint venture, or any relationship other than an independent contractor relationship. You may publicly indicate that You have implemented the GreatSchools API on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application; however, You agree not to make any other public statements that assert or imply any other relationship with GreatSchools without GreatSchools’ prior written consent.
- Promotional Materials; Marketing Obligations; Proprietary Rights.
- Promotional Materials. Any public announcements, press releases, advertising, marketing, promotional or other materials (whether in print, electronically or otherwise) that use GS Brands or refer to the execution or performance of this Agreement shall be mutually approved in advance by GS in writing.
- Marketing Obligations. You represent, warrant and covenant that You will at all times: (a) conduct Your business (including, without limitation, performance of its obligations under these Terms of Service) in a manner that reflects favorably on the goodwill and reputation of GS; and (b) avoid deceptive, misleading or unethical practices detrimental to GS, the GS Content, or the public, including, without limitation, by refraining from making any representations or warranties to customers or to the trade with respect to the features or capabilities of the GS Content.
- Reservation of Rights. GS is and shall remain the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the GS Content, the GS web site, any domain names and URL addresses registered in its name and GS Brands. GS does not intend or make any transfer to You of GS’ rights in and to GS’ materials and intellectual property, except for the limited licenses granted herein, and GS hereby reserves all ownership rights in and to its own materials and intellectual property not otherwise granted herein.
- You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify GreatSchools, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, suppliers, licensors and partners from and against any and all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature arising from or in any way related to (i) Your or Your users’ use of the API, GreatSchools API Service, GS Content, or GS Brands, (i) violation by You of these Terms of Service or other actions connected to Your use of the Service or API. In such a case, GreatSchools will provide You with written notice of such claim, suit or other action.
- Your Warranty.
- You warrant to GS that You have the right to enter into these Terms of Service and perform Your obligations hereunder in the manner contemplated by these Terms of Service and that these Terms of Service shall not conflict with any other agreement entered into by it.
- No GS Warranty
- GREATSCHOOLS PROVIDES THE API, GREATSCHOOLS API SERVICE, GS CONTENT AND GS BRANDS “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH SERVICE OR PERFORMANCE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REQUEST TERMINATION OF YOUR LICENSE BY EMAILING API-SUPPORT@GREATSCHOOLS.ORG. IF YOU DO NOT REQUEST TERMINATION PER SECTION 15 OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE CHARGED.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GREATSCHOOLS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NONINFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
- Liability Limitation; Exclusive Remedy
- IN NO EVENT WILL GREATSCHOOLS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOST REVENUES, LOST DATA, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR YOUR OR YOUR USERS’ USE OF THE API, GREATSCHOOLS API SERVICE, GS CONTENT, OR GS BRANDS, EVEN IF GREATSCHOOLS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH IS INDEPENDENT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND SURVIVES IN THE EVENT SUCH REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR IS OTHERWISE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE. THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (A) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (B) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (C) NEGLIGENCE OR (D) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, OR YOU HAVE ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM AGAINST GREATSCHOOLS WITH RESPECT TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE API, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE API BY TERMINATING THE API SERVICE PER SECTION 15 OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- Intellectual Property
- For purposes of these Terms of Service, “Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, moral rights law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, publicity rights law, privacy rights law, and any and all other proprietary rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide. You acknowledge that GreatSchools or its licensors owns all right, title and interest, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights, in and to the API and GreatSchools API, and that You shall not acquire any right, title or interest to the API or GreatSchools API or any Intellectual Property Rights therein.
- Fees and Payment
- GreatSchools reserves the right at its discretion to reduce or increase the monthly Fee associated with the GS API Service Usage Plans (the “Fee”), and the maximum number of monthly calls available to You under such Usage Plans, at any time.
- You are responsible for payment of the Fee associated with Your Usage Plan. Upon GS’s acceptance of Your API Request, GS will charge the Fee to the payment method supplied by You in Your Request. Thereafter, the Fee will be charged on an ongoing monthly basis at the beginning of each monthly renewal cycle, unless You request termination from the GS API Service per section 15 of these Terms of Service.
- If You request and are accepted by GS into a new Usage Plan, Your Fee may be prorated for the remainder of the applicable monthly payment cycle.
- GS shall not provide any refunds of Fees paid for use of the GS API Service, for any reason.
- You shall be responsible for, and shall indemnify and hold GS harmless from, all withholding, federal, state and local taxes, duties or excises arising out of the transactions contemplated by this Agreement.
- Term and Termination
- Term. The term of the Terms of Service shall commence on the date of GS’ approval of your Request (and by submission of Your Request, Your agreement to these Terms of Service) and shall continue in force thereafter, unless terminated as provided herein.
- Termination. GreatSchools may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Service, including their availability, at any time, and may suspend or terminate Your use of the Service at any time. This includes, without limitation, the right to set, at GreatSchools’ own discretion and at any time, a maximum amount of GreatSchools API Service you may access through the Service without GreatSchools’ prior written consent. You must provide written notice of your intent to terminate no less than 5 business days prior to Your monthly renewal date to avoid being charged for the next payment cycle. If You provide less than 5 business days notice, GS does not warrant or guarantee that You will not be charged for the next payment cycle.
- In addition, either party may terminate Your Licensee and these associated Terms of Service at any time, for any reason, or for no reason including, but not limited to, if You engage in any action that reflects poorly on GS or otherwise disparages or devalues the GS Brands or GreatSchools’ reputation or goodwill. If You desire to terminate the Terms of Service, You must remove the Service from Your Site and cease all use of the API. GS does not guarantee any refunds or credits for Fees paid prior to Your request for termination.
- Rejection of Request. GreatSchools shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any request to use the Service at any time and for any reason, and such rejection shall render null and void the Terms of Service between You and GreatSchools. GreatSchools shall not be liable to You for damages of any sort resulting from its decision to reject such a request.
- Effect of Termination. Upon the termination of the Terms of Service for any reason (i) all license rights granted herein shall terminate and (ii) You shall immediately delete the GreatSchools API and any and all GS Content and GS Brands in the possession or control of You or your affiliates or available on or through any Website(s) or Mobile Application controlled by You or your affiliates.
- Survival. In the event of any termination or expiration of the Terms of Service for any reason, Sections 6 through 13 shall survive termination. Neither party shall be liable to the other party for damages of any sort resulting solely from terminating the Terms of Service in accordance with its terms.
- Remedies. You acknowledge that Your breach of service/license restrictions contained herein may cause irreparable harm to GreatSchools, the extent of which would be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, You agree that, in addition to any other remedies to which GreatSchools may be legally entitled, GreatSchools shall have the right to seek immediate injunctive relief in the event of a breach of such sections by You or any of Your officers, employees, consultants or other agents.
- Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in the Terms of Service should be construed to confer any rights to third party beneficiaries.
- Choice of Law; Disputes
- These Terms of Service and the relationship between You and GreatSchools shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and GreatSchools agree to submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in San Francisco, California, for any and all disputes, claims and actions arising from or in connection with the API, GreatSchools API Service or these Terms of Service.
- You represent that You have the authority to bind the organization (if any) identified in Your Request. You agree not to export to any place any part of the API, GreatSchools API Service and GS Brands provided to You or any direct product thereof except in compliance with, and with all licenses and approvals required under, applicable export laws, rules and regulations. If provided to the U.S. government, the API, GreatSchools API Service and GS Brands are provided with the commercial license rights described herein. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be replaced with a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms of Service will continue in effect. The section titles in these Terms of Service are solely for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance. GreatSchools may assign these Terms of Service, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to You. You may not transfer, assign, sublicense or delegate the Terms of Service or Your API Key to any third party. GreatSchools’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Except as expressly stated herein, these Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between You and GreatSchools with respect to the API and supersede any prior or contemporaneous agreements between You and GreatSchools.
- GreatSchools Logos & Images
- GS will provide logos and related images for attribution purposes, available for download here. Should You require images of a different file size, type, or resolution, please send Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “API images needed”. GS is happy to meet Your needs and maintain its branding standards in this way.
- You may not stretch or skew images horizontally or vertically.
- You may, however, resize images with proportional constraints.
- If placing the GS logo on non-white background, You must use a version with a transparent background.
- Attribution and Links
- Attribution and links to the GS Content must be displayed on the Your Website(s) or Mobile Application according to the specifications below.
- Your Website(s) or Mobile Application pages that contain GS Content must cite GS as the source and link to https://www.greatschools.org. Or, alternatively, the GS logo must be displayed and it must link to https://www.greatschools.org.
- When referencing GreatSchools, keep in mind that ‘GreatSchools.org’ is the official name of our organization and should always appear as a single, capitalized word. Our website is located at https://www.greatschools.org.
- Links must include the attribute rel=”no follow”. This rule applies to all links described in these Attribution Requirements.
Correct: <a href=”https://www.greatschools.org” rel=”nofollow”>GreatSchools</a>
Incorrect: <a href=”https://www.greatschools.org”>GreatSchools</a>
- When linking to the GS homepage, avoid non-descriptive anchor text, such as “click here”. Instead, use “GreatSchools” or “School Ratings” or “school information” as your anchor text.
- Specifying Attribution URLs
- You agree that on any page of Your Website(s) or Mobile Application containing the GS Content, the page must also include a cross domain canonicalization tag to avoid either party being penalized by search engines for duplicate content.
- The rel=”canonical” link below shall be added to the section of all non-canonical versions of each HTML page: <link rel=”canonical” href=”[school overview page URL]“/>
- For example, the HTML link for a page containing Lowell High School data shall read: <link rel=”canonical” href=”https://www.greatschools.org/california/san-francisco/6397-Lowell-High-School/”/>
- School Profiles
- You will provide text links to school profile pages on the GS website using the school name within the anchor text, for every school name listed on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application.
- Sample School Profile page on GS website:
- Example HTML link from Your Website(s) or Mobile Application:
<a href=”https://www.greatschools.org/illinois/chicago/953-Bell-Elementary-School/”>Bell Elementary School</a>
- Either of the following two anchor text formats must be used within the link:
- Bell Elementary School
- More information on Bell Elementary School
- School Districts
- GS may also provide information about public school districts across the country. Below are guidelines for linking to School District pages.
- Sample School District page on GS website:
- Example HTML for link from Your Website(s) or Mobile Applications:
<a href=”https://www.greatschools.org/illinois/chicago/Chicago-Public-Schools/”>More about the Chicago Public Schools district</a>
- Following are suggested anchor text formats that may be used within the link:
- More about the Chicago Public Schools district
- Overview of the Chicago Public Schools district
- The GreatSchools Rating & Themed Ratings
- The GreatSchools Rating is a 1-10 number that provides a quick overview of a school’s academic performance (10 is highest-performing). Themed Ratings are 1-10 numbers that provide a quick overview of the school’s performance as it relates to individual quality measures. Below are usage, display, and linking guidelines for the GreatSchools Rating and Themed Ratings.
- GreatSchools Ratings for all schools must be titled as “GreatSchools Ratings”.
- Themed Ratings for all schools (where available) must be titled as:
- Student Progress Rating or Academic Progress Rating
- Equity Rating
- College Readiness Rating
- Test Score Rating
- The GreatSchools Rating and Themed Ratings must be whole numbers between 1-10 and state “X out of 10”.
- The GreatSchools Rating and Themed Ratings may not be used in any other calculation or manipulated. They may not be used in any aggregate calculation with other data.
- Explanatory text provided by GS must be accessible from any page on Your Website(s) or Mobile Application that displays the GreatSchools Rating or Themed Ratings. This text will be included in the API Service. You may also choose to link to a more detailed explanation of the GreatSchools Rating and Themed Ratings available at https://www.greatschools.org/gk/ratings/ (or any other URL that GS may decide from time to time).
- On each page where the GreatSchools Ratings and Themed Ratings reside, GS will be cited as the source with a link to www.greatschools.org. Or, alternatively, the GS logo must be displayed and it must link to www.greatschools.org.
- The GreatSchools Ratings and Themed Ratings will be displayed as GS branded images, never as plain text.
- Images for each Rating (1-10) and “N/A” are available for download here.
- Each image shall link to the corresponding School Profile page on the GS website.
- Below is an overview of how the GreatSchools Rating and Themed Ratings must be used:
- Alt text for the GreatSchools Rating image link should read: SCHOOLNAME GreatSchools Rating, where SCHOOLNAME is the name of the school.
- Alt text for the Themed Ratings image link should read: SCHOOLNAME THEMEDRATING, where SCHOOLNAME is the name of the school and THEMEDRATING is the name of such themed rating as described in this Attribution Requirements section 6.1.2.