Elite Childrens Academy

Private | PK-2 | 76 students

Student diversity

Living in Plainfield

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $197,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Sweep tile

Posted April 10, 2014

I have heard so many great things about this school. I plan to enroll my daughters for the summer camp. It is fabulous and I encourage all parents to check it out! Rates are great as well.

Posted August 12, 2013

My child has been going to Elite since she/he was 8 wks old. For the most part the teachers and staff there are great. My child is learning and developing well there. My child loves it there. If he/she didn't we would of looked for other child care some time ago. Like another viewer stated, Mrs. McNulty is never there and Mrs. G tells you what you want to hear. My biggest complaint is communication. I feel as a parent I have a right to know what my child's schedule is and what he/she is doing. I am trying to get him/her ready for school. I can't confirm if he/she has transpertation to her/his school and Mrs. McNulty is convientently not back till the day before school. Who leaves on vacation the 2 weeks before school starts and doesn't come back till the day before? She has no consideration for partents and their schedules. We entrust our children in her school's care. We deserve respect or at least communication. It is very frustrating.

Posted July 19, 2013

Excellent staff. My grandson loves this place. there is a huge backyard. We had him in another school and was not happy. He seems to enjoys this place so much and now is learning so much stuff every day.

Posted November 30, 2011

I find it telling that former Elite staff speak so poorly of Elite. As a former parent of a student of @ 3 weeks, I can affirm that these staff reviews are 100 percent correct. I found the owner cold, unapproachable and rude. It also seemed odd that her husband was aimlessly wandering around. Thankfully, my child was intelligent enough to verbalize how poorly she/he was being treated. That, needless to say, was her/his last day. Despite all of the awful things I can list about my child's unfortunate 3 week experience, I need to thank Elite. That horrible experience helped us find a fabulous new school. My child is being challenged academically daily. Each day I receive a detailed report and a folder of actual age appropriate work rather than a poorly copied teeny square of paper saying "what a great day she/he had" and a sloppy worksheet. Thank you Elite for leading my child to a better school with caring staff and a fabulous education!!

Posted July 29, 2011

My daughter has been with Elite Academy for roughly 4 years. For the past 3 years I have to say I was fairly satisfied with it and my daughter was happy their for the most part. Ever since Mrs. L left, I believe that this place has gone down alot. Overall I think the teachers, there do a GREAT job, but the overall culture appears to have regressed alot lately. The director is a text book defintion of an "absentee landlord". She is never there and they talk about doing things, such as parent/teacher conferences. that is a joke. They may do it in the earlier years, but forget about it when they get older (3-5). The new lady up front (Mrs. P) I feel is nothing but a YES-man and does whatever the director wants (has the personal touch of jail warden). The school is run more like a business than a daycare or school setting. My recommendation as a caring parent is to look around and read the reviews especailly from past teachers (you will be surprised - I know I sure was). Cheapest is not always the best and you get what you pay for.

Posted January 28, 2011

i just love this school! My child is so happy. He sings songs, he's learning so much. Elite Academy has a great learning program. I get daily progress reports which includes his entire day. I have peace of mind going to work knowing my son is in a caring, loving and nurturing environment where he is learning, has home cooked meals and making new friends all the time. The administration and teachersare friendly and happy. They have an excellent facility. So clean and bright and cheerful. So many extra fun activities, sledding, baking, pony rides, historic and cultural celebrations and so much more.

Posted April 8, 2010

I have been a parent at Elite Children's Academy for the past 7 years. My 7 year old started as an infant and graduated from their kindergarten program. She is in first grade and is excelling in all subjects. She had an excellent nurturing and academic learning experience at Elite. She loves going to Elite on her days off and is looking forward to Summer Camp 2010. I also have an infant presently attending Elite. She loves all her infant friends, is engaged in all activities. The teachers at Elite are enthusiastic, very nurturing and loving to the children. Elite has many excellent learning programs and offers many extra activities for the children. Pony rides, apple-picking, Fire-Safety Events,and a huge playground. The school is on two acres. All the children can be outside at the same time. There is equipment for all the different ages. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted July 22, 2008

My 2nd daughter went to this school for Pre-school and loved every minute of it (dispite some seperation anxiety at first (bad experience some where else)) as a mother of four I felt very comfortable with this school. My kids are very shy and the staff always made my daughter feel like she was important and happy that she was there. I highly recommend Elite Childrens Academy.

Posted February 14, 2008

My child has continously been hit by other students. The Director is never there and I am not getting any answers as to what discpline is being taken to the children acting out. I think they have great teachers- I think the management is the problem

Posted January 16, 2008

My daughter has been attending fora bout a year now. She started when she was about 8 months old. I am amazed at what a wonderful school it is and how much she is learning at such a young age. I was very much afraid of the day care experience, but this is not day care at all - it is a school. I was impressed by the 'school' feeling that I had the minute I walked into the door. All of the teachers are very kind, intelligent, and professional. I have the utmost respect and trust in them. The tuition is also very competitive. I also love the fact that my daughter can attend thru the 3rd grade, which means that I can depend on her getting an A+ education throughout the first 8 years of her life. I highly recommend the school.

Posted October 18, 2007

I love this school. My daughter has been going here since she was 18 months. She is now 4 y/o. We will be placing her in the kindergarten as well. When she was little, it was hard to tell if she was happy but she didn't cry when we dropped her off. When she was old enough to tell us, she said she liked it and wanted to go to school. She actually cried when we picked her up. She has learned more than I ever expected. They are doing a fabulous job. I would never go anywhere else.

Posted July 21, 2007

My daughter attends this school and I am very happy with it. It took her about 5-6 weeks to get over her separation anxiety and cried every time I dropped her off until the separation anxiety subsided. The teachers were very patient with the crying. Despite crying on arrival, she always replied that she had a good day at the end of the day and she liked her teachers and 'school'. She was in a different school previous to this one and the experience at that previous school was horrible. I am so glad my daughter is in this school. I completely trust the staff and would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 19, 2007

I also have had a poor experience with this 'school'. I have witnesses treatment that I believe to be unfair. I was very disappointed with this agency.

Posted November 20, 2006

My Son has been attending Elite Children's Academy for 1.5yrs. I feel that it is an excellent school. The teachers are smart and diciplined. My Son is way above target for things he should know at his age and he has fun. I like the well structured day they have and the notes that are sent on how his day went. The notes always coincide with what he tells me. If my Son is involved in any kind of incident I am told immediately no matter how small. My Son continually goes on and on about his teachers and what he does during the day. The children also receive a hot lunch everyday which is always nice. I have nothing but glorious things to say about Elite Childrens Academy.

Posted September 29, 2006

I took my child out of this school. I did not like the care my child received, just moving into the area, I did not know where to turn for my child. After 3 short weeks, I got him out. I am happy that I did. I never have seen him cry as much as I did when I dropped him off. My husband caught one of the teachers in many lies. When the teacher says, 'He/She had a happy day' don't believe it. Isn't it a little ironic that everyday was a happy day and they went to the bathroom the same exact time? I will never go back there and I tell people low ratings about it.

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

23253 West Renwick Road