Schenectady, NY

Elmer Avenue School 5

Posted September 10, 2008
I am a parent and have sent my child to this school and find that it is a very friendly environment and my child is very happy to learn for the first time in his life

Elmer Avenue School 5

Elmer Avenue School 4

Posted April 20, 2005

Elmer Avenue School 2

Posted June 03, 2004
My daughter attended Elmer for half of her Kindergarten school year before we moved her to a different school. The only reason she stayed at this school was because her teacher is a wonderful person. Elmer is a very disorganized, mis-managed school. The classes are very crowded, they are regularly short staffed, most staff members don't know what the other is doing. Also their curriculum is either terrible or they don't know how to teach it properly. My child was not learning, the children are not well behaved because there is no disciplinary structure that is followed and very few of the parents are involved. I do not recommend this school to anyone. There are many choices is Schenectady with the Charter School and Magnet schools, choose those instead.

Elmer Avenue School 2

Posted March 10, 2004
I feel the children need to be more disciplined. My child has learned so many bad habits and lack of respect to grown ups from the other students. I feel that he is not learning at the level that he needs to be. I feel that he is getting bored and very frustrated with his classmantes. The other children are very negative and that is only because of their home life and what their parents have subjected them to. There is just so much that a teacher can do and I thought that her job was to only teach them not be their parents. My son is used to structure majority of the time and that he isn't getting in his class. There are kids in his class that can't write their names and the teacher has to focus on them and teach them simple tasks. There are so many of these students that their parents don't encourage learning at home that they don't know what is going on in the class. I love my son's teachers but I can do without the other students. Hopefully he will be attending another school next fall.

Elmer Avenue School
90 Elmer Avenue, Schenectady, NY  12308
Last modified Elmer Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elmer Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top