No rating

Pinecrest Schools ?Canyon Country

Private | K-8 | 129 students

Living in Santa Clarita

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $294,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,950.

Posted February 4, 2014

Hi, I'm a former student who went here pretty much my whole life up until 5th grade. This school was very good, the students were kind and the teachers were amazing. Although, academics are a little more behind than other schools. But, they definitely have a very good music program. Ms.Robin is an amazing teacher, and so is Ms.Orland, the math teacher. They also do a lot to get students ready for middle school. In 5th grade, you rotate classes and have mid-terms and finals. The sports programs are great as well (GO BULLDOGS!). The sports teams and PE programs are fitted to everyone, even the not-so-athletic type (me included). I love this school so much and wish I could attend again!! :)

Posted January 15, 2013

For Middle School, Ms.Orland and Mr.Waybright are phenomenal teachers who go above and beyond in instruction and teaching methods. I am amazed at how much personal time they both spend in helping srudents and creating very inventive teaching materials. Ms. Orland just gave up 2 1/2 hours of her personal time afterschool helping my child get caught up in understanding the material. I am amazed! Mr. Waybright has many enrichment offerings and weekend excursions to further material. Both are great in keeping parents involved and informed. Not all the teachers are that good (especially in comparison), but these two shine so bright that they alone have earned the school my five star rating.

Posted September 3, 2012

My daughter is returning to Pinecrest Canyon Country for eighth grade. Completed seventh grade last year. Motivated to work hard, given extra help with areas of study that were difficult to master. Other students were welcoming and friendly. She was comfortable and happy at Pinecrest. Excellent Campus Director: She addresses issues immediately and returns phone calls with information, promptly. Excellent Teachers: Small class sizes makes it possible for teachers to give each child alot of attention and a wonderful environment for learning. Encouragement to excel has brought out the hard worker ethic in my child and she was on Honor Roll each Quarter. Complimentary Shuttle service to Valencia Campus was useful and greatly appreciated. Superb Office Staff: Always pleasant on the phone and smiling when they greet you, in person. Use of Smart Tuition service helped with tuition fees by being able to make ten, monthly payments. Use of Jupiter for grades, ongoing updates and emails from staff kept me in touch with my daughter's progress. Very thankful to have found this school in time for Middle School. Only regret, they don't go through High School!

Posted May 8, 2011

My son is a middle-schooler at Pinecrest. The teachers and staff could not be better! They work with me to address his individual learning style and keep me updated on his progress. I've never experienced better parent-teacher communication!

Posted April 29, 2010

I have a son who has been at PineCrest from pre-school and has attended for 9 years and two different locations. The school has small class sizes, very good teachers and the curriculum is challenging. This last year, some of the other parents and students complained it was too hard. Every year it is and should be harder. If he is not challenged, he will get bored and lose interest. We send him there and pay for it becuase we want him to be challenged. He studies and works very hard at it and is consistenly in honor roll. I am very pleased with the results and we plan to send him on to college as a good student who understands what it takes. On an unpleasant note, a bully picked on him, the school was very ascertive and handled it promptly. The other child was suspended, kicked out next time.

Posted September 16, 2009

My daughter has been at Pinecrest for almost 2-years. We are very happy with the level of education she has received. She is almost one year older than another child in our circle of friends...who goes to a 'chanin day care' and our daughter was teaching her how to write her name last weekend! Our daughter is almost 4-years old and just started the Pre-K class. She is very bright but does require a bit of attention; I feel comfortable that she is receiving everything she needs and more from her school environment. There was a negative comment posted here about the quality of the teachers, that parent must not have spent much time talking with the teachers/staff; they are very patient, nurturaing and structured.

Posted August 27, 2009

My two girls have been attending pinecrest for about 8 months. I feel that its a grrat school my two year old is in the toddler room. And all I can say is that when I drop her off everyday I feel confedent that's she is well taken care of she has learned so much in the little time that she qahs attended school she talks in full sentences and can regonize her abc. My other daughter is 13 and the middle school is fantasic I see how much happier my daugther is in pinecrest than in public school she was becoming withdrawn and depressed in public school so I feel that not only does the school provide academic but aslo provides children with the attention that children need in there lifes. I would recommed this school to anyone.

Posted October 23, 2008

I can't complain at all. I have three kids in different schools and when we sit all together and I start to ask questions, surprisingly the one in 1st grade, is at the level, sometimes more knowledge in other areas than my other two kids in 3rd and 5th grade in public schools.

Posted February 26, 2007

We've been sending our son to Pinecrest Canyon Country since 2005 and have been please with the way the teachers participate and help out. The activites are wonderful. I love it when our Pre-K student comes home having learned spanish and history from around the world. It can be a bit expensive but it's worth the outcome.

Posted October 12, 2006

Our son has been attending Pinecrest Canyon Country since 2004. We have had such a positive experience with teachers, parents, and staff. The Toddler and Preschool programs are filled with an academic schedule, Spanish, music, arts, and extracurricular activities. We send our son to school knowing he is in the best learning and nurturing environment.

Posted September 9, 2005

My daughter attended there for a brief period of time and I found the academics to be lacking and the teachers and apathetic group of people.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted March 26, 2004

Excellent school! Highly Academic, awesome teachers and staff.

Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Two or more races N/A 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• NAEYC
  • NIPSA

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

16530 Lost Canyon Road