Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This school is doing a good job with kids and most of the staff love the kids like their own. We need more parents to get involved and to get some more teachers of color because they connect better with the kids. It's not for everybody and the buses last year were horrible. I hope they do something about this next year.

The staff are extremely committed to the students and parents. Most schools would turn their back on some of the problems that happen. Some people don't like that. It's not perfect and I've had to discuss my disagreements, but they're always willing to listen and work with you. If you have an imperfect kid that you want to see succeed and not get judged send them here.

WISE is an Oxymoron....most staff and parent reviews over the past few years show terrible outcomes for all students. Several years a go the school was not paying their vendors for service and food, the state health department came in and found serious issues during the year they moved to a new site. If you want your child to have a decent future, then you would be wise to look elsewhere where academics of reading and math take priority.

WISE charter school/ aka Carter G. Woodsen Academy is a failing school in North Minneapolis that continues to stay open although the school is constant violent turmoil. The students are out of control, the teachers are powerless, and the director turns a blind eye to it all and instead blames the teachers and the parents. MN department of education- wake up and realize that just becaue they changed their name and moved location, does not mean they have changed anything going on inside the school. The school should be shut down and the kids should be moved to various schools around the city. Schools that ARE succeeding, schools where they will be given a chance.

I would never send my child back to this school EVER. It was the worst mistake I as parent made. My child was there only for 6 months and it was hell the whole time. The bus company skipped my son's stop and then tried to blame it on him when it was really there fault. The staff and the prinicpal are very rude to parents as well as students, if you are not and invoved parent your child will be left in the dark as far a learning. This school should be closed and never allowed to re open, the WORST school I have ever delt with. Do not send your kids here there are WAY better schools out there. Do not let the so called "great circiculm " fool you this is the worst school ever.

I am surprised to read the positive reviews on this board. This school is a school in a state of chaos and disarray. The behavior issues presented at this school are uncontrolled and extreme; thus creating an unsafe environment. The administration is uneducated and unqualified for their roles and there is a lack of support for parents, students and staff. The teachers are overwhelmed with requirements that lead to extra work with little to no results. In addition to all of the, the school of thought on which the school is based creates a culture of discrimination, exclusion and racism. I would never consider sending my child to this school and I hope you do the same.

I have loved this school from the time my child started. Parents are invited to be involved and one of the things I love is that they are not more concerned with money then they are my child. My child is not left behind. This school recognizes the importance of the education of African American males and provides me and my child with the support we both need!

What an excellent school! They are a 5 star in my book!

Last modified Woodson Institute For Excellence Ch is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.