Delalio Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2011
In the 2 years that our children attended Delalio our kids had the good fortune to have some really fantastic teachers. Our experience, however, was not all positive. Some teachers and staff are very pro-medication. We had the misfortune of getting one such teacher, who pressured us to medicate our child. This teacher and the SST tried to scare us into medicating, telling us that without medication, our child would fail miserably in the coming academic year. We have since moved to an area with fantastic schools. Our child is currently at the top of his class (straight A's) and was one of 3 kids in his class selected for gifted testing, all without an IAP or IEP and without medication. His teacher, the school nurse and the school psychologist could not have been more wrong. They caused unbelievable stress for our family and if it had not been for the other amazing teachers at this school, we would have left this school. Don't write this school off for a few bad apples, but watch out for those bad apples.

Delalio Elementary School 5

Posted July 14, 2010
My son and daughter went to this school for PreK , K, and 1st grade. The teachers and staff are amazing, they knew my kids by first name, they were always helpful. We LOVE Ms. Light for Kindergarten, she is one of the best teachers we have ever met. And Miss Regina in the office always had a smile for us:) We unfortunately had to move, and we miss the school and staff so much. schools in AZ cannot compare!

Delalio Elementary School 5

Posted November 23, 2008

Delalio Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2008
My child has been in this school for only 6 weeks and has always done outstandingly well in school up to this point. Since being here it has been one thing after another. Some of the faculty is extremely rude and dismissive to parents; there is a serious lack of respect for parents at this school. There also seems to be a desire to keep funding for certain programs and children that clearly don't need these programs are being placed in them with little info or even time to respond give to the parents!! What a shame I've always loved the DOD schools until now!

Delalio Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
As a military wife and mother of a brilliant 5 year old, I was extremely hesitant to put my daughter in a DODEA school. But DeLalio and its staff have proven me wrong - it has a fabulous educational environment. We have attended this school for Pre-K and now Kindergarten - both of her teachers have been wonderful. Her K5 teacher, in particular. Mrs. St. Clair has made it a point to keep my daughter ahead with her reading (she's now on a 4th grade level) and has even introduced 1st grade math and science skills to the entire class. The office staff, school nurse and librarian are all wonderful as well.

Delalio Elementary School
Curtis Road, Jacksonville, NC  28540
Last modified Delalio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Delalio Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top