No rating

Public | 7-8 | 78 students

Student diversity

Sweep tile

Posted September 25, 2012

This is a school that cares. Teachers, administrators and staff are all committed to excellence and you feel it from the moment you walk through their doors. The level of education is superb. Students are learning how to learn and think critically, not just pass an exam. The curriculum gives our children an advantage as they prepare to enter our ever-changing world. Is life at this school perfect. Of course not, because our world isn't perfect and middle school is middle school and our kids will be kids. Still, the faculty address problems as they arise, and are truly committed to fostering an environment that discourages behaviors that interfere with the education process. Great job!

Posted June 11, 2011

If you don't want your child to have a quality education not the school for your child. If your child doesn't have the drive, don't send them here. My daughter just finished her 7th grade year and also had Mrs. Donovan. I had no problems with communicating with her or any other teachers at the school in a timely matter. We can't wait for 8th grade. There are some real quality teachers here such as Mr. Snyder and Ms Clough-Kennedy. It is a great bacalaureate program for the kids that can handle it.

Posted April 7, 2011

Used to be Hendrix, used to be a good school! This past summer they changed the name to Summit. My youngest, currently in 7th began the year at Summit and was struggling. I'm sure that all the drama going on in this school didn't help but with a little help at home we got her back on track except for her Spanish class, taught by Mrs. Donovan. I sent multiple emails to the teacher, principal, vp, and counselor asking how could we help my daughter. The only response I received was from the teacher where she addressed a comment that she had made to my daughter which I found inappropriate and she claimed it had been taken out of context. It was very disapointing to see that the teacher was more concerned about defending herself than helping my daughter and that the principal, vp, or counselor, which were well aware of the situation, didn't bother to intervene. My daughter is now finishing the final qrtr at Gilbert JH. When I asked my daughter what is the biggest difference you noticed when you compare GJH to Summit her reply was "Some teachers were always running around in Summit, not sure where material was but in GJH they are more organized and seem prepared everyday."

Posted November 26, 2009

I've been a student at Hendrix for 3 years now, and I personally feel that this is a wonderful school! Sure, like every other school in the valley, there are a few not so great teachers. But truthfully, I think that this school a wide variety of amazing teachers that care about each individual child. I'm involved in the band and orchestra programs here at Hendrix, and they are probably the best in Chandler for music. If it were my choice, I would tell every parent to bring their kid to Hendrix Junior High Schhol. The acedemics are stressed greatly, so most of the schools attendees are doing good in school, their are all sorts of activities and clubs, and its just an all around amazing school! I give it an A+!

Posted August 26, 2009

this school excels at everthing it does the people who complian about it are the peolpe who blame the school remove their student take them to another school and realize that the school is not the problem there is no better school than Hendrix because no where will your kid learn from the best quality instructors and if you dont agree then maybe you just didnt like school yourself get involved then talk in the mean while if youre not involved then dont just shut it!

Posted April 4, 2009

There is a small selection of great teachers and the principal and the vice are the worst ive seen.

Posted April 4, 2009

I have 2 children that go to Hendrix and after this year i will make sure they go to another school. The staff and teachers are horrible and very disrespectful to the students. I want my children to be happy to go to school not miserable because of a teacher or staff member!

Posted April 4, 2009

reading the previous reviews it seem that this school is only good for children in advanced classes, but what about the students that arent in advanced classes! they get put tothe side and get treating wrong. Also a lot of drug and violence at this school!!! do not recommend this school to anyone if anything stay away from it

Posted April 2, 2009

Don't like this school, no communication with parents, no respect between teachers and students. I have been very frustrated with this school, I have had two children go there and my third child will not. I will make sure she can go to another school.

Posted March 7, 2009

I'm a student at Hendrix and I'm proud to say so too. I can't complain about much except like most people I have my ups and downs in jr high, but not because of the school. I can honestly say, in my last year at Hendrix, I'm going to miss it. I've had fantastic teachers all 3 years and I still talk to them and they like to know how you're doing. Most of them really do care about you and your education. I personally am on the honor roll, I'm in all advanced classes (except math), I played for Dobsons golf team this year, and I'm am extremely happy to say I'm in the band program. Mr. Wilson, the band director, is the best teacher ever. I've been in concert band for 3 years and it's been the best 3 years ever. I look forward to band everyday. Thanks:)

Posted March 5, 2009

I'm a grandparent of a 8th grade student. I'm from Minnesota and have grand kids in schools in MN & TX. I would rate Hendrix better then the schools in the other states. My grand daughter is in band, NAL and ELP. I am a snow bird so I attend activities at your school. She is getting an excellant education and I look forward to attending a first rate college when she graduates.

Posted March 5, 2009

My grand daughter is in her third year at Hendricks Junior High School and has benefitted from the music program under the direction of Mr. Brian Wilson. She has made significant academic progress, participates in sports and the music program. This year the school started the IB program to further challenge students like mine and prpeare her for High School and beyond. I am very pleased with Hendricks and the teachers and leadership. This school deserves a lot of positive press for its deveoplemnt of students and programs.

Posted March 5, 2009

This is the 3rd year my son has attended Hendrix. He has improved as a student and a person thanks to the teachers and administration at this school. The music program is outstanding, the ELP and AA teachers are there to challenge and encourage all students. The administration knows the names of the students and encourage them to better themselves at every turn. Hendrix is molding these young minds for the future in High School, College and Life in general.

Posted March 5, 2009

I'm a parent of a student at Hendrix. This really is a good school. The IB program is excellent. The IB classes have allowed my child to set higher achievement goals then I thought possible. In doing so it not only advances him academically but it's actually building his character in many positive ways. I'm impressed. The band program is absolutely stunning. For any level musician this band director will bring your child to new heights. There are many extracurricular activities. The problem is that there is not enough time in the day to participate in all this school offers. Like all schools there are excellent teachers and bad teachers but communication to the parents is good. This school doesn't get five stars because of police officer they have on site but he must be doing his job well because I don't see the need for it.

Posted March 4, 2009

Great school! I'm in the band program at Hendrix junior High school. I love the school, the people at it, and mostly everything else there!!

Posted November 4, 2008

I'm a parent of a student at this school and I hate it . He have been to many schools all over the world and this is the WORST school my son has ever been to. teachers are so rude to him & also other students too. If you want respect from anyone this is NOT the school to be at! he doesn't learn much because he's so discusted with this school and he tells me he really doesnt want to be there. hes changing schools next week . i dont recamend this school for anyone. What kid can learn at someplace like this? and there has been some issues that has happend with him at this school that he have gone to one of the addministations and it has been ignored! He tells me he doesn't feel safe at this school . there is also comstant fights.

Posted September 22, 2008

i go to this school it's awsome with great teachers

Posted June 12, 2008

My daughter is an 8th grader. Compared to her former school in Florida, this one is terrible. The teachers do not communicate with the families. They dont seem to have good working knowledge of curriculum. They seem to be very lazy teachers. They do the minimum by showing up to collect a check. There are frequent fights on campus. My daughter was bored and learned very little this year. The administrator has very little skill working with parents.

Posted June 9, 2008

i love my school! i feel safe, like noting will happen to me while i am learning. the teachers are great, and so are the students i would not want to go to any oter school in arizona.

Posted March 26, 2008

I think Hendrix is a good school. As a parent, I would like to be more informed about my child's progress.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• This school did not receive a designation in 2010-2011.
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

School start time