Posted September 28, 2010
I currently live in the Hickman Mills School District and I'm trying to run fast as I can. I have one daughter who graduated in 2007. Yes she is in her 4th year of college but she is struggling with her Science/Math courses. I now know it's because she was not prepared. She wasn't taught the basics or fundamentals needed to succeed in those areas. I now have an 8th grader who I pulled from the district. I have since enrolled him in private school. His number one thing on his Christmas list was to go to a different school. RED FLAG #1. I won't use this forum to bash teachers/administrators but I could go on for days about the lack of attention, detail, accountability and compentency! This district is failing students who have a desire to succeed in life!!

Hickman Mills Senior High School 5

Posted March 15, 2010
As a student of Hickman Mills High School, I believe that the teachers fully prepare their students to go into the world, not looking for sympathy from their teachers or others. The teachers enforce the fact that your grade and results are your responsibility. This has raised our test scores, and we have met AYP this last year, while other schools in the same financial predicament have not. We can accredit this to the quality of teachers, and students. For those who claim that the teachers, principals, and vice principals are not giving us enough attention or that they don't care about us, that is a big lie. The fact that these teachers have kept teaching at this school, instead of teaching at a more well off school, shows their dedication to their students, and their jobs. They give us what we need to know.

Posted October 16, 2009

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted February 12, 2009
Hickman Mills has problems with discipline, but I do not believe it's the schools problem, but more of a society as a whole problem. Parents need to become active in thier children's lives and enforce what is being taught at the school.

Posted September 30, 2008
The school can be a dominant one in the area if it had been given the appropriate guidance it needs and if the teachers would teach where the students understand and learn. Are our math and science teachers tteaching above or below the levels of the students ability? Lack of classroom control without any teacher reprecussions to the teacher is inconceivable. The principal needs to be more active and supportive of it's student body. The principal and assistant principals should be out in the morning welcoming and greeting the students. Show you care about them. All tests given at the school should reflect on what the student has learned during the past few months. Do not give a ACT type test or SAT test like what was done this past year without parents being told or the students beforehand. Don't give ACT tests for finals.

Hickman Mills Senior High School 4

Posted August 09, 2007
My daughter graduated from HMHS in 2002. It was an excellent school. We were proud of the school and her teachers. The academics prepared her for college.

Posted March 23, 2007
I am currently a senior at HMHS and I feel my four years there have been wasted. It's a terrible school and with all of the chaos going on, it's hard to keep your eye on authentic goals. We need changes, and FAST. I feel the school still has a chance to change in many respects, but it's evidently going to take a lot of work. I just hope the graduation ceremony isn't a total disgrace again.

Posted June 28, 2006
I am a sophomore at Hickman Mills and I feel that this school has gotten worse overthe years! I agree with the parents on the issues of the district and more the less its schools.

Hickman Mills Senior High School 2

Posted May 24, 2006
When we moved into this district in 1988 it was a selling point to buying our house. What a disappointment it has become. I have now graduated three students from HMHS. Thankfully our third child learned to blind herself from all the choas and actually learned something.This School has not had a friendly learning enviornment since my first child graduated in 2001.The graduation ceremony has become absoutely disgraceful.

Hickman Mills Senior High School
9010 Old Santa Fe Rd, Kansas City, MO  64138
Last modified Hickman Mills Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Hickman Mills Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.