Yonkers, NY

St Ann School 4

Posted October 07, 2014
I have only been at St. Ann School 3 years and I have to say that I am very pleased with this school thus far. My child was reading and writing by the end of Pre-K and has learned a great deal since. I do see gossip, but I don't involve myself in it. Anyone who thinks this doesn't occur at other schools is very much deluded. I have never had a problem with the teachers or the principal and feel as though they are easily approachable if needed.

Posted June 20, 2014
This school is bad. I've been here since Pre K and when I graduated the teacher didn't even know how to pronounce my last name! It was so embarrassing to me, my family, and the school. All the awards were given to children who didn't even deserve them. They were only given to the students the teachers "liked". This schools favoritism is through the roof. If ur thinking about bringing ur child there... DONT! My parents made a big mistake letting me graduate from here. I had a very small class and we always fought with each other and excluded each other and bullied each other. I didn't leave this school happy. All my childhood memories.... WASTED! It's really sad but hopefully highschool will be better. This school consist of bullying, many failing grades, and favoritism! Those teachers will make u feel WORTHLESS... At least that's what my social studies teacher called me.

Posted June 15, 2014
This school is one of the worst that anyone could ever be involved in. This school has gotten worse ever since the principal joined. He's more interested in speaking to the parents that he likes, other than being a role model for the children in the school. The favoritism in the classrooms are horrific. If you're not liked by a teacher, you won't be respected by them and everything you do is an embarrassment to them. The teachers always gossip about other students and pick on them in periods when the students should be learning. This school should've been closed a long time ago. I have no idea what's keeping it open.

Posted March 21, 2014
This school is bad. I am graduate of 2013 and my biology teacher I have now is better than the science teacher I had in fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. She would be mean for no reason at all and she says old sayings that no one says anymore. Also the social studies teacher acts like he is always right when he isn't and is always try's to pick arguments with students and picks favorites, which is usually all the girls. Trust me your kids would not have a good experience here.

Posted May 28, 2013
This school lacks poor leadership, and the teaching is not consistent, and eratic. It is a total gossip haven, I don't see the close knit family relationship that is supposedly promugated. It's a matter of time where this school will follow the domino effect of the rest of the Catholic schools that are closing. It's a shame.

Posted March 07, 2013
With so many catholic school closing , I can not believe this is school is still open. The principal lacks leadership. He is more interested in socializing with parents than being a good advocate for kids. Someone mentioned this school is close knit, I would rather said noisy parents. I took my son out last year. Academics are horrific. The teachers need to be evaluated. Do not send your kids here.

Posted October 01, 2012
My son is in 8th grade and has been a student at St. Ann's since Pre-K. My daughter is a senior in high school. Both have received a great education and are well prepared for high school. The principal, Mr. Vicario, is always looking for was to improve the school and really listens to parents. Overall, I am very satisfied with the education my children have received at St. Ann's. Most importantly, I love the close-knit community of parents, faculty and administration. - P.G.

Posted October 01, 2012
As a former student (class of 1988) and a parent of a recent graduate and a 1st grader, I cannot say enough good things about St. Ann's. We are a close-knit, community-based school. Our kids are well cared for and the education they receive more than prepares them for their futures. I, myself, went so far as to receive 2 Master's degrees which stemmed from my foundation at St. Ann's and my son is now a freshman at Fordham Prep thanks to the education he received at St. Ann's. The teachers' patience with our children often goes unrecognized and unappreciated. I am sorry if anyone has had a bad experience as a student or parent at our school, but I still believe St. Ann's still offers an excellent Catholic elementary education. ---Nicole Levendos (Formato)

St Ann School 3

Posted July 07, 2012
I'm a student there and I can say I like it most of the time they are making improvements they got rid of the worst teacher she is no longer allowed to teach the higher grades and they are improving in the schools books I still think the school Needs more care for their students I've been there 10 years and I have gone through stages of depression from one of the teachers discouraging me. He is still a good teacher just to rough

Posted May 06, 2012
I graduated there in 1968. Sister Ellen Mary was the princapal and my teacher was Sister Marie Peter. I still can recite all my my prepositions that I learned in 6th grade from Mrs Smith. Great school. I don't suppose Msgr Firme is still there.

St Ann School