Mesa, AZ

Posted August 10, 2012
This school is terrible - Consolidated the campus to a location closer to Gilbert to try and poach Gilbert students for more funding. Over 30 kids in my son's class and now they need more students. Also 45 minutes minimum on the bus. I wouldn't send my dog to a training class with 30+ dogs, why would I send the most important people in my life to an over-crowded horrible school?

Franklin Northeast School 4

Posted July 30, 2012
My kids have thrived in the disciplined environment at Franklin. My kids were happy there. I was disappointing my child was not admitted to the Jr High due to such high number of applicants. I feel the kids who have supported and attended the elementary should at least have priority to continue on the the Jr High. For this reason I will withdraw my other kids and take them to a charter school where they will be able to continue through the 8th grade.

Posted May 27, 2012
After reading several recent reviews, I have to disagree with the parents giving a 1 star. The school has maintained its curriculum even with 30 students. I think the principal has done a great job with both schools and is very visible and approachable on campus as well as available to students and parents. As far as moving to the new achool, it will be a great move and well deserved for the students and teachers who work hard. Had you gone to the open house, you would have heard the principal state that primary grades and 8th graders would not be sharing bathrooms as they will be in two different areas of the campus. We were provided time to address questions and concerns at the open house. This would have been a great time for you to address these issues and get answers before submitting comments that you are not educated on. And as far as being run like a business, it is. A business to educate children and if you don't like the changes and the product you are getting, go somewhere else.

Posted May 23, 2012
I used to like this school, but it has turned into an overcrowded low rent school. 30 kids in the class room is too many!

Posted May 23, 2012
Overcrowded and operated like a business :-( Better off looking elsewhere. School is being moved closer to Gilbert to try to get students from a new district - why can't you focus on your current students - Now we will have 45+ bus ride each way to school.

Posted May 18, 2012
This school is about as advanced as the telegraph. All students are expected to fit the box of the classroom - students who are over-acheivers are disregarded. We are required to send extra work in with our son because they do not provide work that challenges him. When our teacher inquired about providing work from the next grade for him, the principal said "no, he should learn that in the next grade".

Posted May 18, 2012
This school is housed in a bunch of portable buildings with zero security. The campus looks more like a trailer park then a school. Now they are moving to an old junior high - good luck with your 2nd graders sharing bathrooms with 8th graders....

Posted November 09, 2009
Once I rated as a 5 but since the new principal is that of two schools now, along with other factors leads me to a very low rating. Albeit the academics sector is top notch. However if discipline, a safe environment and moral integrity is of importance to you I strongly recommend you look elsewhere. The current administration has a huge disconnect. The principal would rather let a disruptive student with a long standing history of behavioral problems that seriously affects the safety of other students remain enrolled so as not to create waves and work. What an unfortunate and totally sad disservice to children.

Posted November 04, 2009
Best School ever! The teachers care, offer tutoring and really strive to partner with parents. Just love by all!

Posted September 15, 2008
No school is perfect, but this is an excellent school. The principal cares about the kids and that often times he is out visiting classrooms. My kids teachers have been great. I love that all the parents care about education and at the same time come from different backgrounds. I feel like Franklin NE is a safe and structured school in a postive way.

Franklin Northeast School
7042 E. Adobe Road, Mesa, AZ  85207
Last modified Franklin Northeast School is a Public school that serves grades K-8
Franklin Northeast School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top