Public charter
Redding, CA

Stellar Charter School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
My daughter started her 6th grade year at Stellar! So far we are very impressed. Small class sizes with no bullies and great teachers. The History docent program, sail club, music class, and after school tutoring are all some of the reasons we signed up. Her teachers actually treat her like family and are very involved. I haven't seen any clicks and with such small class sizes it seems like a impossibility. She also is able to sign up for a extra elective where she can take dance, music lesson, or karate. The school will actually cover $35 a month of this for your student. I had never heard of such a option. You will be pleasantly surprised starting with the amazing witty and competent office staff, to the teachers, to the students, all the way up the our passionate principal. Thank you Stellar for creating a awesome learning environment where my daughter is excelling. After a horrific previous year at another school filled with bullies, and a teacher to took a above average student and put her to below basic. I can see Stellar will have my little sweetie all caught up and then some! Check this place out for yourself.

Stellar Charter School 2

Posted June 10, 2012
If your in the 'in crowd' it is wonderful. If your not - good luck.

Stellar Charter School 5

Posted January 09, 2012
This is a great school! The kids love it! It provides the safety of a private school and not only that, the staff goes out of their way for ANY STUDENT to make sure they pass, I should know. I was one, I wasn't a volunteer or some media figure for the school but just a kid who needed help. And I got it from the excellent teachers. Though one thing I will say is this, be very aware of what your kid(s) may hear from a tech/history class, Stellar has one bump in the staff it is there. Especially if you raise your child in a religious home, they will hear things that are both off topic to the subject and contradictive to what you teach them.

Stellar Charter School 5

Posted November 10, 2011
My two children have been attending Stellar Charter School for several years now and they both love it there. The staff are wonderful and the students all seem to get along well together. If you are willing to do your part, you will be nothing but happy here.

Stellar Charter School 1

Posted May 01, 2011
I went to this school for many years. When I first began going there, the teachers and staff had a wonderful dedication to the students, and were individually interested in their growth and positive experience there at Stellar Charter. Now, however, there are only two staff members who could boast such dedication to the students they deal with, and another who recently left the school for retirement. When allegations in the past have arisen about certain students, rather than having an interest in the personal opinions of the students, the prinical and certain teachers reacted unprofessionally, even if such allegations were false, or without wide basis. Students at this school are seldom dealt with for their inappropriate conduct, and there is so much gossip and negative talk about students and even personal teacher relationships that I would never want to have my own child at this school. Also, the only students most teachers and staff members, including the princial, treat with interest and concern are the students who are able to volunteer or bring some positive media attention to the school. Sadly, Stellar Charter School has fallen far from where it once was.

Stellar Charter School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is neat and clean. The students seem full of life and healthy. They are are making great improvement in learning subjects and in giving the students a sense of accomplishment. I wish I could have gone to school there.

Stellar Charter School 4

Posted March 09, 2008

Stellar Charter School
5885 East Bonnyview Road, Redding, CA  96001
Last modified Stellar Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stellar Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top