404 students|Gateway Unified

Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2014
My three girls attend APL and we love it. We have been there for 6 years.

Academy Of Personalized Learning 3

Posted November 26, 2013
I would have to agree with the former reviewer. This school became a more of a public school rather than a warm homeschool environment. There are some wonderful teachers here. We were really impressed with the librarian and writing teacher, as well as the art teacher. We also had a great relationship with our supervising teacher. The problem comes in with the paperwork, and checking off boxes each week, and requirements that don't allow hardly any freedom--which is the reason I was homeschooling. The freedom we were given was, "sure you can do anatomy, but just make sure you also do the topics covered in the textbook too." I felt like I spent more time grading work, filling out PE logs, doing paperwork and getting work samples than I did teaching. Testing is frequent as well. Also, their options for classes diminished in 2014 due to coupling English with History, and Science with Math. My daughter struggles in math, so she couldn't participate in the science class. I really wanted her to do History but wanted to maintain our English curriculum. That wouldn't be an option either. On the upside, they are very friendly, organized, and had a TON of materials to choose from.

Posted August 06, 2013
I have really enjoyed partnering with APL. While homeschooling is not suitable for every family, we found APL to be the perfect fit for us. They provided the structure that I needed in order to begin our home school journey. All of the teachers have been very helpful and our Master Teacher has really taken an interest in my kids.

Academy Of Personalized Learning 1

Posted August 28, 2012
In it's first years, this school was truly a warm homeschool atmosphere. Now, unfortuneately, it is a PUBLIC school, with the older group having several "problem" children. We had to fight to maintain a "homeschool" cirriculum (they assign a teacher who insisted on giving us books, pages, and assignments that were beyond stressful .) The bullying was not dealt with at all. Their greatest asset is their library. It's wonderful.

Posted July 26, 2012
My kids grew two years in math their first year! We were so pleased with the quality of the teaching staff and their devotion to our children.

Academy Of Personalized Learning 3

Posted May 26, 2011
i dont really know yet actually so i dont know what to write yet but i will certainly write more later

Academy Of Personalized Learning
2195 Larkspur Lane Suite 100, Redding, CA  96002-0629
Last modified Academy Of Personalized Learning is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.