Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Whitefoord Elementary School 5

Posted December 09, 2015
My children are really enjoying school, as well as achieving academic success. Their kindergarten teacher, Ms. Hancock, is simply wonderful. I hope the school will be supportive of its teachers so that teacher retention will increase.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 09, 2015
I haven't observed all of the teachers of course, but the kindergarten and first grade teachers that I am very familiar with are very efficient and effective.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 09, 2015
It's hard to say, because if it were up to me there would be no homework until at least 3rd grade. But my first graders do their homework pretty quickly. Playtime is very important for young children, including outside time, so I would like to see less homework personally. But it is good for the parent to give one on one attention to their child's school work. Teachers with 15-20 children in a class can't always do that for each child every day, and it does need to be done.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted December 09, 2015
I think the kids could be given more free time to talk and interact, because the administration and teachers are very focused on the halls and common areas being quiet. Friendships develop anyway, but I would like to see quiet talking emphasized, rather than silence.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
I volunteer frequently at Whitefoord, and attend events and programs. The children are friendly and respectful, and the teachers are adept at avoiding and resolving the minor conflicts that arise.. My young kids sometimes leave their jackets and other things where they don't belong, but I always get them back in short order. The kids play nicely together during free time.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 09, 2015
A big thank you to Mr. Foster and all the teachers for making our school a great place to learn!

Whitefoord Elementary School 3

Posted October 08, 2013
Whitefoord Elementary School has been great for both my son and I. He is in 2nd grade and have been attending WES since February of this year. During this time I have seen his behavior turn around almost 100% and that makes me proud as a parent and let's me know that his teacher (Ms. Herbert) and other staff are assisting me in raising a well behaved young man. I love to see the principal (Mr. Foster) greeting the students and parents in the morning as they walk in the building and must I say the carpool is flowing just fine. I would however love to see a more secure entrance when a visitor or whomever enters the building. What I mean by that is once someone is allowed into the building, they have access to many parts of the building before arriving at the office which to me puts the children and staff there more vulnerable to danger or what not. That would make me feel more secured in sending my child to school. Another concern would be better fencing around the playground area. Right now it's just easy access for children to wander or for someone off the streets to come and have close contact with students and teachers. Overall, I am pleased with Whitefoord Elementary School.

Whitefoord Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2013
Whitfoord elementary is an excellent school. My daughter has attended the school since pre-k. She has mastered and exceeded many goals. The teachers really care for the students.

Posted August 28, 2008
Whitefoord has exceptionally smart teacher. They care about their students and go the extra mile each and every day.

35 Whitefoord Ave Se, Atlanta, GA  30317
Last modified Whitefoord Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.