PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I am a parent with a special needs student at MID. Not only does the EC staff test, assess, and develop IEP's/504 Plans and Behavior Plans, they treat my child (and ALL students!) with love and respect and encourage them to reach their greatest potential, by way of THEIR personal learning style! My daughter loves and respects her upper school EC Teachers greatly and has been given the courage to get out of her comfort zone, and to realize she IS smart and capable. Her reading and writing skills have improved with each year! We are so thankful fir the EC Staff at MID!

I not only have a student at this school but also work at the school. I worked closely with the grade level that the previous parents (negative) post was in. The child was loved dearly and treated with nothing but love and respect. Speaking from the perspective of a staff member at the school I am not mistreated by my employer and the school working environment is far from a toxic. I love where I work and the kids that I work with. The references made that the student did not receive services are completely unfounded and untrue because the student mentioned was provided more services than they qualified for. It is unfortunate that their experience at Mountain Island Day was less than positive for their family but there are many families including myself that are extremely happy with the school administration and school staff. It disheartens me to see such negative post about a school that I not only love to work at but also love that my child attends. My child as well as others are loved, challenged academically, and provided many extracurricular opportunities. A loving environment where students are challenged always creates an environment conducive to learning. My experience as both a staff member and a parent has been very positive.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Mountain Island Day manages the way students treat one another daily. The environment is smaller than other local charter and public schools so it is easier to address concerns quickly before they get out of hand.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Mountain Island Day has a homework contract that is to be completed weekly for the elementary age students and I have found it to me very manageable and love the flexibility it allows our family. The middle school and high school students are no longer given homework contracts but are assigned a manageable amount of homework based on their grade level.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The school is in it's 8th year and it has grown from 42 student to over 230 students. The school received accreditation and will graduate its first senior class in 2018. The school has recently moved to a beautifully remodeled campus. The school has an amazing administrative team, that include the owners, who lead from the vantage point of their varied professional experience and expertise. The success of this school is representative of it leadership and all that it has accomplished in 8 short years.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The development of character is one of the foremost areas of education addressed at MID. The way students are treated and interact with one another is much like a loving family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the finest group of educators I have ever had the privilege to work with. I am proud that they are my child's teachers and my co-workers.

They do not love the children. They only want the money. It is super sad. Please read the rest of my comments it will tell the rest of the story. I implore you not to put your child in this institution. There will be nothing but headache.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

We had issues. My daughter was bullied...pushed shoved and not once did the teacher do anything about it. They were aware it happened and just brushed it off like no big deal.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

We had to pull our daughter out because they had no idea how to meet her needs even thought they say support children with learning disabilities. SEVERAL IEP meeting with them where they agreed to do certain things and then just ignored our agreement

Last modified Mountain Island Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8