Langston Hughes Academy 5

Posted August 12, 2008

Langston Hughes Academy 4

Posted March 08, 2006
I am a student at LHA and yes it might get a little out of control there at times, but over all its a good school. I agree with K.Moore, its the parents fault that some students are rude and disrespectful because I know a lot of students(including me)that go to school get their work done and have no problems at all. So please don't blame it on the school.

Langston Hughes Academy 4

Posted August 30, 2005
My child has been attending this school since the first grade and now she is in the sixth grade and I think the school is wonderful. No school is going to be perfect but my child feels like she is part of a family and that is important. The teachers seem genuinely concerned about the students and are willing to work with the parents to insure positive outcomes for the children. I have NEVER witnessed the school being like a 'zoo' or being ran by the students. If a parent witnesses children who can't behave in a school setting, in my opinion it is more of a reflection on the parents than the school. The school should not have to do your job as a disciplinarian. I am proud to say that my child is a student of Langston Hughes Academy.

Langston Hughes Academy 3

Posted May 15, 2005
- a former student

Langston Hughes Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2004
Parent's beware this school is horrible. There are 4 books in the library. Policies are not enforced, the only time the staff is concerned about performance is when it's Terra Nova or Meap Testing. The school is like a zoo.The teachers have no control and the school is ran by students. Please do not send your children to this school.

Langston Hughes Academy
19501 Berg Rd, Detroit, MI  48219
Last modified Langston Hughes Academy is a Public school
Langston Hughes Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.