Posted September 10, 2010
I attended CFA and graduated in 1996. I would recommend this school to anyone who had any interest. I was a young pregnant girl with not a lot of options. It was either get rid of your baby or go to job corp. Everyone s first words they advise girls when they become pregnant at an early age is, you will not be able to graduate , you will not have a childhood , and your life is over . In some cases that could be true but not always. I'm here to say you can and will graduate if that s your choice. I love the fact that I could take my son to school with me and I would still receive the proper skills to graduate. I attended college and my children are wonderful, wouldn t change any of my decisions for the world. I strongly recommend this school and I thank you as well

Catherine Ferguson Academy 4

Posted April 23, 2010
Catherine Ferguson Academy is a school that works to give young women expecting or with children an individual, enriching and academic experience that they would not get elsewhere.

Catherine Ferguson Academy 0

Posted April 20, 2010
As one of my colleagues says, 'The best school in the nation'. Open to pregnant and parenting young women, 100% of graduates are accepted to community college or university and assisted with financial aid applications by our counselor.

Posted February 02, 2007
My daughter receives adequate attention from not only the teachers, but from staff. The girls learn to respect themselves and others, and are learning how to be good mothers for their children. They are receiving a quality education and are being prepared for college. It's a blessing to have a school like this in Detroit. Catherine Ferguson is a blessing to a lot of young women. If this school was not in existence where would they be? This school is another chance for these young women to be successful, to finish their education, and become productive citizens. It's a blessing that there are people out there who take the time to help others.

Posted February 16, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from Catherine Ferguson Academy in 1996. Before attending CFA my future was bleak. I was one of many of Detroit inter-city lost children and I m almost positive if I did not attend CFA I would have become a Teenage-Mother-High School-Drop-Out. CFA became my family. One of the most outstanding teaching methods taught to me by the loving staff of CFA was how important it is to have self-pride/worth. I am a successful IT Analyst and have been in this line of business for over seven-years now, in which helped me to live well. I am a successful mother of two beautiful boys, instilling the same values CFA taught me such as having self-pride/worth, the importance of academic studies and planning for the future. I would not be able to use the word successful without the help of CFA. So, BIG-UPS to the staff of CFA! Ebony S. Griffin-Williams

Posted August 25, 2005
- a former student
I attended Ferguson Academy. This is a wonderful school. The staff are not just their to teach you they are also their to help. These teacher really put their all in what they do. Ms. Andrews is the best principal in the world. She was like a mother to all the girls their. I really miss this school and all the staff.

Posted November 25, 2003
It's a perfect school for unwed teen mothers or married teen mothers that are high achievers that made a small detour in life. Students have an opportunity to receive 85 credits in a school year compared to the regular 60 credit hours. Students can graduate a year earlier.

Posted September 15, 2003
Catherine Ferguson is the best school for young adult that are pregnant or have children already. I would prefer this school for all young adult females or mommies. They have very low student classrooms so that all the students could recieve as much special attention as possible. The princple is very loving and thoughtful when it comes to the students needs and concerns. The staff listen to what you have to say and try to take it into consideration. The nursery and preschool that we have for our toddlers and infants are great. All the care givers are loving towards you child. They see that your child is fed, and his or her diaper is changed so that you don't have to keep leaving the classroom to change your baby diaper or feed your baby because he or she has already eaten.

Catherine Ferguson Academy
2750 Selden St, Detroit, MI  48208
Last modified Catherine Ferguson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK, 7-12
Catherine Ferguson Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.