Shreveport, LA

Posted November 05, 2012
This school is the best thing that happened to my 2 Autistic children! I never thought I would find this level of dedication to students in a public school. While the school itself is geared toward children in need of remediation, both academic and behavioral, and the students can be rough, the staff at this school do their absolute best to ensure that these children LEARN! I read the review about it the child who picked up bad habits, but the reason this school exists is to help the children that are already not functioning in a regular school setting. All of us with children at this school should recognize that they are there for a reason. The Autism classes are self contained with amazing teachers and a great APE program. The children are included in every assembly and performance, they take field trips with the regular ed students and are treated like part of the community. It is such a wonderful feeling. My children have attended this school for almost 4 years now and I dread them leaving. I pray they can get even a 10th of the care in their next placement that they received here. Thanks Alexander!

Posted October 03, 2012
This is a wonderful school. This school offers a lot of programs that help students. The teachers and staff are very caring and work hard to give students a loving environment. My child has learned so much here and I am thankful for this school.

Alexander Learning Center 3

Posted April 01, 2009
Academically, this school is the greatest thing that has happened to my daughter. Environmentally it is the worst. Alot of the kids there are vulgar and abusive. The behaviors my daughter has picked up since she has been there is horrible and no matter how many times I have gone up there to deal with issues effecting my daughter nothing gets done, she is still being harrassed by other students.

Posted September 04, 2007

Alexander Learning Center 4

Posted May 19, 2007

Posted January 30, 2007
My son has made great strides since starting Alexander school in August. His learning has increased dramatically and he loves school. They have been able to reach him where others couldn't. I think the small setting and the individualized instruction has a major impact on his ability to learn. I am so glad that he is attending this school.

Alexander Learning Center
1545 Coty Street, Shreveport, LA  71101
Last modified Alexander Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexander Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top