Posted September 18, 2012
Great Principal, Great Teachers. We love Garrison. We went away and tried to get back in but couldn't :( The only bad thing I can say is the security of the school. No fences and people are just walking around campus at anytime. Other than that, a great school. The test scores are probably more a reflection on the parents than the teachers, from what I've seen.

Posted May 19, 2012
Garrison Elementary school is a hidden gem in Oceanside. A lot of people overlook this school due to their lower test scores compared to surrounding schools. I have to admit I was. The scores are dues to many non english speaking students. Here's where they make up for it. Small size only 2-3 classes per grade. In this environment every staff member knows the name of almost every student.The principal is awesome. She has an open door policy towards parents and is generous wit her time. Her husband (unpaid) is there almost as much as she it. This school also has a terrific after school program where the kids get help with their homework,do arts and sports. It is very low cost, around 120 per month and the kids can stay until 6:00. Both of our kids love it and get upset if we pick them up early. This school is extraordinary and I advise anyone nervous about test scores here to go take a tour and meet with the principal. We've been happy with garrison for both of our boys, the oldest who started Kindergarten there and will graduate the 5th grade this year. The teachers are fantastic in every grade level. They are very dedicated AND friendly.

Posted August 04, 2011
Garrison Elementary is an amazing school. From the principal to the janitor, every aspect of the school was attended too. Although there is a high level of ESL students here, I do not feel that my childrens' education was every ignored or dumbed down. Quite the opposite. Children were encouraged to rise to a higher level, lessons were provided, numerous activities are planned, and the leadership encourages parent involvement. The 5th grade teacher even has a girls' club to assist those children that do not have a backing in their home life. The principal is so involved that when a number of chilldren compalined about the substitute nurse's attitude, she was asked to not come back!

Posted August 16, 2010
WOW! Garrison Elementary School is truly amazing. As an elementary school teacher involved in education for the past 20 years I am not easy to please. Attending this school has been a true gift for my children and our family. The balance spanning from academics to character education to visual and performing arts and a plethora of other learning opportunities is clearly preparing my children to be the absolute best they can be! I have been consistently amazed by the administration, teachers and staff at Garrison. I, without hesitation, recommend this school for any family who is looking for a school which will provide an amazing educational experience for their children.

E. G. Garrison Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2010
K-5 my daughter excelled at this tiny elementary school. It all starts at the top and the principal is an amazing, fair, talented leader to all at Garrison. Even before it got it's Visual and Performing Arts affiliation, there was a balanced learning environment in the classroom. I was an in class parent volunteer grades 1-4 and saw firsthand the quality teachers/staff and overall compassion that make Garrison a unique, real world place for a child to learn above and beyond the classroom !.

Posted June 22, 2010
This school with its caring teachers and prinicipal is one the best schools in the Oceanside school district. My son went to Garrison for threee years and if I had known the positive experience he would have gotten from kindergarten he would have started then. It has given the skills and education he will need in the future. I hope this school remains open with all the budget cuts and can still provide all the arts and activities along with the excellent and challenging programs it has in the past. Hats off to the faculty, staff and especially the teachers for devoting as much time and effort that it takes to make a great school.

E. G. Garrison Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2010
Hooray for the end of another great year at Garrison! My son participated in ceramics, guitar, American Sign Language Club and Stardust Arts and that was just after school. There is art and music in the regular curriculum. Garrison is building its momentum as a Visual and Performing Arts school. If VAPA is not the focus you want, there is the Chess Club and district Spelling Bee. I believe that art and music help build the pathways that lead to successful learning of all subjects. The teachers all seem genuinely interested in the success of their students. I know some make time before school to help students as needed. We have attended another school in O'side and Garrison is our school of choice. If you want a school that is truly interested in the success of YOUR child, check out Garrison. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Posted August 27, 2009
What a terrific 1st day of school at Garrison! We are very happy with our childrens new teachers & the staff was extremely helpful in providing information to us to begin the new school year. We are very happy with the new VAPA school!

E. G. Garrison Elementary School

Posted April 21, 2009
I'm so sad to read the last few reviews. My son's experience at Garrison has been completely positive. I met with the principal before the school year to discuss his learning style, and she was able to help me choose a teacher who is perfect for him! I'm at the school everyday, and the office staff is alway friendly and helpful.

E. G. Garrison Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2009
Poor communication with parents and students from staff. Classrooms too full. Supervision LACKING during recess. Could do more to help kids with reading/math challenges (may relate back to classroom size).

E. G. Garrison Elementary School
333 Garrison Drive, Oceanside, CA  92054
Last modified E. G. Garrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E. G. Garrison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top