Bad
Good

Posted February 18, 2014
This is an excellent school. Staff and students are awesome. I highly recommend this school -- it's a great option in OKC.

Posted December 12, 2011
I just love this school. Like other schools it is not only about state testing it is about teaching kids practically about science math and reading. I wish all the schools were like this one. The kids are not misjudged and are welcome no mater where they come from. Each class has its own computer lab which is great as my kid gets access to everything under supervision. I wish there were more schools like this one around the city. My youngest one just started school wish there was an elementary school too...Love the school and the new concept of education they have.

ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School 2

Posted September 28, 2011
Very important to note that ASTEC is considered an inner city school and all that implies is true. (Dr. Deskin confirmed that in a TV interview.) The middle school was much less out of control than the high school. If I were considering enrolling my child, I would take a very strong look at almost any other charter school. Most of the students are from low income families. That is not a problem unless you think you are enrolling a child in a school that emphasizes college prep.

ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
If I could hodld of a class/school schedule I would hold this up as a 5 star.

ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School 1

Posted June 26, 2011
I was a student at ASTEC. I honestly believe the education was VERY sub-par. When I moved to a public school, I received a much broader spectrum of subjects and a better learning experience. The experience for me was horrible. I was teased by students AND teachers, I did not always feel safe, and worst of all, I did not feel like 80% of my teachers had any idea what they were doing. I always felt like Dr. Deskin had HER ego in mind, not the student's best interests.

Posted June 16, 2011
My daughter loves this school and I love the fact that their strict on the dress code, it shows them responsibility, and she has learned alot in this one school year attending Astec, so now she's going on her second year, and she says she wants to go till she graduates high school, I'm very proud of her, and thanks to this school.

ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School 1

Posted July 24, 2010
This school was HORRIBLE my daughter got in trouble many times because she forgot her belt and they treated her unfairly PLEASE everyday she used to tell me the children attending were mean and talking about having sex...If you want your kid to be around that then this is the school for you.

Posted March 24, 2010
My son has attended ASTEC for 2 years, I just signed the pre-enrollment for his 3rd year.I do not live near this school, I drive a very long way to take him to ASTEC everyday.We absolutely love this school! I do wish they had an elementary school, so that I could get my 2 younger children out of 'normal public schooling'.The teachers are great, the staff are wonderful and the kids treat the adults with respect. I don't mind paying for the afterschool programs, my son enjoys them.The uniform strictness is awesome.We plan to enroll our other 2 kids as soon as they are old enough and my son wants to stay in ASTEC even through high school...

Posted December 02, 2009
i love astec the teachers rock go comet

Posted October 16, 2009
My Child has been attending this school going on his 3rd year. We love the Principal, Assistant Principal, Teachers and Staff, they really want the students to achieve, we plan to stay here through high school. GO COMENTS!

ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School
2401 NW 23rd St 39A, Oklahoma City, OK  73107
Last modified ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
ASTEC (Advanced Science and Technology Education Charter) Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top