Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

THE WORST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVER!! Last year my son was attending this school, coming from Ysleta District, and had the worst experience of his life. He was bullied and when he went to his 5th grade teacher, she did nothing. My son told her a 2nd time, and she completely ignored him. His 1st place Science Fair ribbon was stolen from him the day of the Science Fair, he went to his teacher, and made him wait 3 days for a replacement, and never reported that my son's ribbon had been stolen. I know this to be true because I spoke to the principal and she clearly stated that nothing had been reported from his teacher. Is this the kind of people you want "watching over" your kids? Its because of schools like this that Anti- bullying efforts fail miserably due to favoritism. And by the way the kids that bullied my son received Citizenship awards at the end. Great judgement 5th grade teachers!! Yeah right...I'm glad its over, I learned my lesson, but its sad that my son will never forget about this traumatic incident..

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

After several attempts to let his teacher know he was being bullied, my son was basically ignored completely. He was bullied by three kids there and was accused of hurting one of them. My son grew tired and frustrated and has never been the same since. He has lost all confidence and trust in the educational system. Great job Fanin...

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework? What homework! Last year my son's home room teacher was out for most of the school year, and my child had random substitutes all year. He maybe had home work once a week and was it. He basically lost a year at Fanin. Thanks EPISD, keeping those standards low. Very sad ,but living up to your standards.

One of the worst if not the worst elementary school in bryan. Teachers here are mean and rude to students not all but most. Poor little kinder and 1st graders their teachers seem the worst. The principal and teachers here have no dedication to their jobs. They have a room in this school for the "bad kids". I don't like this there has to be others ways.

Being a military family, we move a lot and it can be very hard on our four kids. The staff here made it an easy transition, and the kids adore their teachers. The staff here truly cares about the students. It is comforting to know that they are always sincere and looking out for each child's best interest. My kids look forward to school and are all doing amazing. I honestly couldn't ask for more from an elementary school!

This is honestly a horrible school. I have no idea how they get a 7 out of 10 on this site! They were so disorganized on the first day of school with children in pre-k walking out of classrooms unnoticed! When I tried to address this with the principal she justified it by saying that it was the first day of school. The office staff and teachers are EXTREMELY RUDE! Even the volunteers are rude. Anyone can walk into the school without being questioned. I was discouraged from attending lunch with my children by one of the staff members. After two years of my children putting up with this school, I went to the district offices and had them moved to a much better school. I know many parents who still have their children here and I have yet to hear a positive comment from a parent. If you can avoid this school....you should do so.

this school wasnt what i wanted for my 1st grader. they have a uniform based school that doesnt allow his mohawk, my husband is military and the school isnt very diverse and they also dont seem to be very organized the first day was a mess we lined up outside his classroom with other parents and students just for staff members to walk down the hall and seem to only redirect parents they already knew in spanish to meet the teachers some where else. they dont offer transportation so picking your child up after school is a complete disaster and takes atleast a half hr. not the experience i want for my son. i have only met very few staff members and feel about half the ones i did meet where nice and knew how to do their job.

I have been at this school for 12 years, (10 teaching) and I love it. We are all a family and care about the children greatly. I love that our principal is knowledgeable and fair to everyone. The expectations are set at a high standard for all of us at this school. It is all for the success of our students, which is ultimately our goal as a campus.

Fannin is a great school. I have a 20yr old and a 10 yr old and they both went to Fannin. They had a great start to their education which has given them a wonderful foundation. The teachers are excellent, they really care about the kids and are nurturing. Fannin has a new principal this year and I like her because she has made a lot of safety changes to the school and she has the entire staff involved. By the way, I am 43 and I also went to Fannin. It is the best elementary school in the northeast

I love working at this school! The teachers work as a team. There is a lot of support.

Last modified Fannin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.