Public charter
Grand Rapids, MI
Before care: Yes

Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology 4

Posted October 21, 2014
This is my kids 1st year at Ellington. They both are doing very well. My son has never been this excited to go to school. The teachers have fresh/ innovative teaching styles that keeps the kids attentionThe teachers care and are committed to teaching the kids. I monitor my kids behavior daily. We discuss our day and they both are always "ooh mom guess what we did" I was concerned about the adjustment but,knowing my kids and keeping in close contact with the staff has help me get over my (momma feelings). Although it is an open campus I feel my kids are in a safe environment. Matter of fact I know they are on blessed grounds! The staff has been awesome with communicating with me immediately with concerns/ praises. My kids don't like that some of the kids are disrespectful and loud. Both my kids progress report was awesome!! I see that they are eager to learn and are comprehending what is being taught.

Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology 1

Posted May 30, 2014
Needs a great deal of improvement in so many areas. I have a child that attends this school and I am disappointed in the administrative and teaching staff. There is huge lack of discipline in the classroom as well as outside the classroom. Needs an updated handbook since they've began elementary grades. Special Ed program needs more support staff. In speaking with other parents, I have learned that all of us are concerned with the same issues. There also needs to be better security when allowing people into the main building and cafeteria, which is unlocked during lunch. Other kids allow adults they don't know to enter the building when there is no one at the front office. I really hope that they are working on these issues. My child's teacher has not sent home any corrected papers or assignments unless I ask for them. This is an issue with other parents as well. Most of the kids in his class are not at grade level if not two grade levels behind. If you don't have the time to stay on top of your child's education here or hold the staff accountable, then this is not the school for you. Do visit while school is in session so you can have a real sense of the operation here.

Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology 5

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is awesome! My daughter attends here and loves it. She is taught to celebrate her uniqueness and individuality. They are very positive and strength based. This school is for kids that are bright creative students that think outside the box. The teachers and staff are very caring and all know her by name.

Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology
670 Burton St Se, Grand Rapids, MI  49507
Last modified Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-12
Grand Rapids Ellington Academy of Arts & Technology Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top