Jacksonville, FL

Posted November 11, 2011
I am ... well was a student at Paxon middle. And I can say that whenever I first got there I thought it was complete chaos. And I may have been right but there is nothing wrong with the way the teachers taught or the students behaiver. Paxon was a family and we wouldn't want to hurt one another. If you got jumped it's because you didn't have respect for the family. And, I'm only saying what's true. Yes there were fights and foodfights but I guess you could call that the way we showed our love. I know it sounds crazy but Paxon middle school will always be in our hearts.

Posted April 21, 2010
they are a very good school my son loves it . he went from a GPA of 1.0 to all advance classes to a 3.2.

Posted September 13, 2009
wow. these comments really suprised me seeing how they are coming from this year. paxon is straitening up and if you go there, then you'd know it. this is the second year we wear uniform, it has been but in the magnet program, teachers now teach advanced studies for classes that used to be 'regular', and rules are alot more strict and enforced. Sure, SOME kids will act foolish sometimes but one of the top middle schools in the county can have a couple of kids that fool around a bit of the time. it doesnt mean they're not SMART. they're teenagers for goodness sake. they'll do stupid things!

Posted August 23, 2009
First of all, I'm a student at Pxon Middle, and most of the parents' reviews are wrong. They have never experienced what it's like to go there. It is very fun, and teachers do all they can do to help us. I agree with one of the reviews, about the the reputation is based on the students. That is partially true, but it doesn't mean the school is terrible, itself. I have fun at that school, and I love most of the teachers, and I am in advanced classes, and I get the education I deserve. And so does everyone else. Parents have no right to judge this school unless, they too, have experienced it.

Posted June 07, 2009

Eugene Butler Middle School 1

Posted May 16, 2009

Posted April 15, 2009

Posted February 28, 2009
This school does not even rate. Paxon is such a joke, not a school. I went there for half of 7th grade, the so called teachers did not know how to teach, and they had extremely unprofessional behavior. In English, none of the stuff made sense at all, it was dumbed down to fit those kid's standards and put me behind, really, who reads a 1st grade level book in 7th grade? The office staff was also extremely rude, not willing to help or anything, they're just looking for something to do besides work at fast food restaurants. The majority of the students in there seriously need to be institutionalized. They don't deserve a chance to straighten up, because they wouldn't even take it.

Eugene Butler Middle School 5

Posted September 10, 2008
The only reason this school has a bad reputation is because of the students. The teachers and administrators are always doing their best to keep them under control but they unfortunately refuse. I graduated from middle school here last school year. Since this school is now officially IB, they are becoming much better. Even though i was a magnet student, I had to ride the bus for many hours just to come to the school. It was all worth it. Just consider what you are saying and please do not judge this school badly unless you have experienced it.

Posted March 26, 2008
I can honestly say 'Paxon Middle is Gone with the Wind. Not only are there substitutes, but most don't know the subject matter. Unruly students,no, don't blame them; they follow by example, No positive or authortive example is set at that place (school is not a name applied to that place). Where are our property taxes going? I think we have a right as tax payers to demand a qualified head to the that place. My child is in sixth grade and we are utilizing another address for the next school year. If you can't move I'll suggest the same or let's get together and meet the school board.

Eugene Butler Middle School
900 Acorn Street, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified Eugene Butler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugene Butler Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top