Jacksonville, FL

Eugene Butler Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2015
Read my previous posts. Please do not send your child to this school. I implore you.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 01, 2015
My son hardly ever had any homework. This was confirmed by each and everyone of his teachers." The one's that were there"

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
The only thing that Eugene Butler develops in its students is a persistence to constantly defend there selves against bullying from the teachers and the students.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
No respect at all for the students. They treat the students as if they are on their third strike from the beginning of the school year. Clearly this school has a reputation and the current students are being held responsible for the past history of the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
No. Most of the teachers quit during the school year and the ones that were left were very disgruntle .Please Read my previous post it is very informative.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
They staff treat the male students like they are in boot camp. Constantly "cracking the whip" on them. No education at all is being given.

Posted November 11, 2011
I am ... well was a student at Paxon middle. And I can say that whenever I first got there I thought it was complete chaos. And I may have been right but there is nothing wrong with the way the teachers taught or the students behaiver. Paxon was a family and we wouldn't want to hurt one another. If you got jumped it's because you didn't have respect for the family. And, I'm only saying what's true. Yes there were fights and foodfights but I guess you could call that the way we showed our love. I know it sounds crazy but Paxon middle school will always be in our hearts.

Posted April 21, 2010
they are a very good school my son loves it . he went from a GPA of 1.0 to all advance classes to a 3.2.

Posted September 13, 2009
wow. these comments really suprised me seeing how they are coming from this year. paxon is straitening up and if you go there, then you'd know it. this is the second year we wear uniform, it has been but in the magnet program, teachers now teach advanced studies for classes that used to be 'regular', and rules are alot more strict and enforced. Sure, SOME kids will act foolish sometimes but one of the top middle schools in the county can have a couple of kids that fool around a bit of the time. it doesnt mean they're not SMART. they're teenagers for goodness sake. they'll do stupid things!

Posted August 23, 2009
First of all, I'm a student at Pxon Middle, and most of the parents' reviews are wrong. They have never experienced what it's like to go there. It is very fun, and teachers do all they can do to help us. I agree with one of the reviews, about the the reputation is based on the students. That is partially true, but it doesn't mean the school is terrible, itself. I have fun at that school, and I love most of the teachers, and I am in advanced classes, and I get the education I deserve. And so does everyone else. Parents have no right to judge this school unless, they too, have experienced it.

900 Acorn Street, Jacksonville, FL  32209
Last modified Eugene Butler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eugene Butler Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top