Bad
Good

It a great school. The teachers and admin. are very organize. My son is new it was a welcoming atmosphere. He love the school. I highly recommend this school.

Graduation is coming up soon and my daughter has really enjoyed her time at TSMS. She and her friends got into excellent High Schools. She got into Beacon which was her first choice! Her other classmates got into Bard and Sty!! Best district 1 school by far!

My daughter had a wonderful experience at TSMS. Top notch Teachers and staff. Wonderful learning enviornment. Challenge Projects, and Future Problem Solvers keep the high achievers busy. And the Afterschool progams are great. The High school giudence councelor has been excellent, helping the kids and the parents every step of the way.

I think that it is a great school with the best teaching staff that I ever encountered. They have done wonders for my son. I am very proud of him, his teachers and what they have done for all the children at Tompkins Square Middle School.

The teachers and staff give every student the opportunity to excell and it seems that the students rise to the occasion and are inspired to continue to do so. As a 30 NYC resident it is one of the most diverse student body I've seen. Couln't ask for more for my children.

This school is a school with teachers that take out time with their students and they really care about educating our children. The school is exceptional because of their leadership, the Principal Sonhando is really down to earth.

I always receive e-mails from my son's teachers keeping me informed of his progress and any issues we have to attend to. The staff is very dedicated and strive to help students in need.

I wish my child went to this school prior to this year. although the school is going through a transition with this new principle and some new teachers comparing to the past you can tell the difference, something is missing, compared to other schools in this district, it's great, but it's not what it used to be.

I love this school and have sooo many wonderful friends. It's great to attend school with teacher's that make learning fun and students who think it's cool to learn new things everyday!

I chose this school because I like their goal- to unite children of different races! I will forever support TSMS!

Last modified Tompkins Square Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.