Posted June 02, 2015
Because they don't assist with Job Placement, and their teaching method was horrible! I wish I would have done more research on Star Academy so I could have went to another school.

Posted February 26, 2015
I would never recommend this school. There is absolutely no organization or very poor academic protocol. Many children are unruly and take away from the children that are there to learn. Teachers are disrespectful and the curriculum is unsatisfactory. My daughter would bring homework and had not even been shown how to do some of it (example: read a clock and counting coins/money). Other students in her class act out so much that she says they 'don't have time' to do the things planned for that day (this happens 3-4 times a week). I am just appalled this school has been open as long as it has, glad to hear that is will not be open next year. And even more happy to know we are moving.

Posted February 22, 2015
Star academy chatter school is not a good school.some of the teacher talk bad about kid right and their face.They don't teach kids right.The teachers lies.

Posted November 17, 2014
The teachers and administration are unfit for their positions. They say one thing and do another. Everything in the school is constantly changing and there is no stability. And the staff turnover.... that's another story. They can't seem to keep teachers around for more than a year or two. Stay away from this school. There is a reason their charter is in question and about to be revoked.

Posted August 11, 2014
The current leadership do not have the capacity to oversee this school. Unfriendly work environment. Parents are out of control. They do not understand the minority population they serve.

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) 2

Posted March 22, 2014
failing... they are going through too many transitions and the focus is no longer on the children

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) 5

Posted December 13, 2012
I've watched this school for the past 3 years (from 2010 to 2013) and I can personally atest to the improvements this school has made. The teachers are supported where they were not before, scores have gone up, and rules are being followed. The teachers have a better attitude and the administration does a good job in doing what is best, not what is popular.

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) 5

Posted December 13, 2012
Over the last 5 years I have seen this schools rapid growth. The growth is due to the challenging curriculum and innovative approach to learning. I highly recommend STAR Academy. The teachers are excellent and the culture espouses that every child can succeed.

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) 4

Posted October 28, 2012
My daughter has been attending Star Academy for 3 years, have never had any issues with any of the staff or teachers. Our experience has been nothing but a great one. My daughter has always been a straight A student and this is in part that I am a responsible parent who takes the time to be involved in my child's education. People are so easy to blame the school and staff but yet are not actively involved with their children's education. Successful students have parents who sit with them at home and help with homework and if the parent cant help then you sign your child up for homework club. If not happy with the school then find another school that meets your childs education needs.

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) 4

Posted October 01, 2012
My children go to this school and I am proud to send them there. I am also a student teacher at this school. I wanted to student teach here because of all the other schools I observed at, none of them made me feel welcome like they do at STAR. STAR Academy is like a family and they take care of their students. The teachers care a great deal and do their absolute best everyday. No school is perfect and if parents want to complain, then I challenge them to spend a day with their child! Take a walk in the teachers shoes, being a teacher is in no way an easy job. This is a great school and the entire staff does their best everyday to ensure the success of every student! But remember teaching doesn't begin or stop at school, parents must work as a team with the school as well!

Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy)
2520 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO  80910
Last modified Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Space Technology and Arts Academy (Star Academy) Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top