Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

Scholars To Leaders Academy 1

Posted April 12, 2013
Poor test scores with reason. The teachers do not challenge their students to reach for the best. The few children who try to be leaders by example are bullied. Uniform polices are NOT enforced. My child went into this school with the expectation of structure and discipline - neither of which he found. No spelling homework. No science. No push for a gifted child to do more. Teachers have been known to take away another child's home lunch (consisting of chicken, fruit, carrots, and juice) in favor of the school provided lunch. Attitudes of the principal and staff are "If you do not like it, take your child to another school." My response is, "O.K. I will."

Posted August 11, 2012
I have four children at this school and my kids have a variety of needs and abilities. They love their school and all the work they get to do outside of the school through the Expeditionary Learning program they have started in the last couple of years. My kids feel loved and are able to discuss some great issues with us and are learning how to get along with other children through the character development that is throughout the community. There are morning meetings every day with the Principal and my kid tells me she talks to the principal whenever she has a problem and that she can visit the school counselor anytime she needs to. Their staff is always accessible and very kind-hearted. Some of the teachers are inexperienced but you find that at all schools. As long as my kids love learning we will stay here.

Posted April 26, 2012
This school is AMAZING and I'm thought to be quite a tough cookie when it comes to my approval on schools! We have two children with IEPs and another child who exceeds expectations when challenged. This school is such an enormous contrast from the ongoing battles we experienced at the other schools our children were enrolled in. They are an extremely well functioning school with very caring teachers and staff. SLA offers a close knit community who's teachers and school leadership welcome parental involvement and work as true team! Bullying is nearly non-existent due to small class sizes. SLA offers a personalized, circulating, hands on curriculum. They have gym and Spanish everyday, and they also do a level of whole person building. This school has a diverse population and they incorporate the exploration of different cultures in their daily teaching. The teachers and staff far exceed our expectations on a daily basis. I highly recommend this school for any parent of a child with a disability who is tired of fighting to obtain what their child needs and/or any parents who has a child that is not being challenged enough in school. Moving your children is well worth the adjustmen

Posted November 19, 2011
Great staff, great support, nice small, tight-knit school. If things change as our kindergartner gets older, I'll amend the review. Always good communications and concerns addressed quickly. Our daughter loves the art & music programs too. Highly recommended.

Posted August 30, 2011
My son is currently a third grader at Scholars to Leaders Academy. This is his third year at the school and I couldn't be happier! All of the teachers and staff members show great interest in the students and are very willing and eager to communicate with the parents on a regular basis. The programs and courses are great too! I love the fact that Spanish is taught to all grade levels at the school because I know that this is going to look great on my son's resume when the time comes. The reading program is excellent and I love that art, music and physical education are learned along with your math, science, social studies, etc. The teachers and staff also work with the students on social responsibility, which in my opinion makes them a rare gem. This school is not only out to help the student but also the families and community. I would (and have) recommend Scholars to Leaders Academy to anyone and everyone!

Posted August 29, 2011
My kids went there last year and it was an awsome experience. They would have gone there again this year except we moved out of state. My sons teacher worked a lot with my son to get him caught up to grade level. All the staff helped so much. My daughters teacher worked with her. My daughter is a quick learner and one of the top in her class. And their after school program helped out so much and my kids really enjoyed it. If I could have brought the school with me, I would have. Scholars To Leaders is the best school by far and will be hard to beat!!!

Posted July 22, 2011
My daughter has been with Scholars to Leaders since kindergarten. She is now going into third grade, and I am contiually amazed at her growth. The level of commitment of the teachers is unparallelled. They care deeply about the students, As a result, my daughter truely loves being at school.

Scholars To Leaders Academy 1

Posted May 26, 2011
This is one of the worst schools I've ever had to deal with. So glad to be taking my kid to a better school with better programs and better test scores. There is a huge performance issue in this school with teachers, I know my son's teacher was by far one of the laziest people I've ever come across. My child went into this school last year with excellent test scores and had the ability to progress so much further if this school would have put a little more effort into their teaching and nurturing his gift for learning! I'm upset with the attitude I was given when I addressed my concerns for my child, it was completely unacceptable! I am 100% involved in my children's education and I want nothing but the best for them I don't recommend this school to any parent that is actually involved in their child's educational development. This school needs to be shut down, seriously!

Scholars To Leaders Academy 2

Posted January 24, 2011
I feel this school was going in a great direction last year, but because of low enrollment this year, several teachers have left including the gym and music teacher. They were replaced by well-meaning individuals who are trying hard, but are not proficient in their areas. There is no after school music or drama programs anymore. Unless enrollment improves a lot next year, I don't see an improvement in these areas.

Scholars To Leaders Academy 0

Posted May 11, 2010
I love the small class sizes. The way teachers treat students is fantastic. The academis are very high quality and the before and afterschoolprograms are great for working parents. This school has a longer school day and school year and the Spanish program is fantastic. I highly recommend it

Scholars To Leaders Academy
3115 Larkspur, Colorado Springs, CO  80907
Last modified Scholars To Leaders Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scholars To Leaders Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top