Posted January 01, 2010
Thurgood Marshall is comprable to a private education. Last year economics forced me to pull my child from a private school, I am so happy I did the education she has received has been better than that at the private. The principal works very hard and communicates well with the parents. I did noticed that their test scores did dropa little last year, however by my child's experience I do not see why. We love the school and the free after school tutoring and enrichment is a real plus. Thurgood Marshall is Oakland's best kept secret. A real plus in our book. Thank You Mrs. Woods-Cadiz and Ms. Rhone you are apreciated.

Posted September 15, 2009
I have a fifth grader at the school who has been there since Kindergarten. My daughter has also attended since Kindergarten and is now in middle school. I am very impressed with this school. The entire staff and administration is devoted to academic excellence and social growth of the students. I have not seen a school in Oakland, whether public or private, that compares to this one.

Marshall Elementary 2

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted April 14, 2007
Marshall is a wonderful school our daughter is receiving an excellent education. We love the new principal. The after school program is a real plus.

Marshall Elementary 4

Posted February 28, 2005
Very good school. Good teachers. Very good educational environment. My son is doing very well there.

Posted December 27, 2004
Marshall Elementary, despite its API, is a great small urban school. The staff is comprised of 12 teachers committed to the academic and social growth of all students. The principal is a great leader.

Marshall Elementary