Miami, FL

Primary Learning Center 4

Posted August 18, 2014
I gave 4 because of a nasty teacher. My son is a straight A student. Well he had 2 teachers, one was excellent and the other teacher made him feel like an outcast everyday. He could not speak, turn around, or move from his desk because she would start picking on him. Long story short, she even gave him a referral. I came to find out when the school year was over by another parent, that her daughter would behave really bad, but her daughters teacher could not do anything because her mom was a teacher. How ironic that everything that she needed to do with her daughter she took it out on my son. Other than that the school is really good.

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is excellent. Th only problem is that Superintendent Carvalho is technically the principal but his job is so enormous that he can't really be hands on, which means that the Vice Principal is really the principal, and she's WONDERFUL, but unfortunately does not have the authority she needs since she still reports to the principal. I guess it's inherent in having the school in the Superintendent's building.

Posted March 19, 2014
The superintendent of the year in the entire United States, Alberto Carvalho, is the principal! Ms. Diaz, the assistant principal, is responsible for the day-to-day operations and does an excellent job. Carvalho has done a wonderful job selecting the most skilled teachers in the county. The class size is capped out at 18 students and each class has 9 computers. The school requires the parents to be involved. The school embraces diversity, not only racially, but also in socioeconomic status. I have never seen anything like it. I felt like I hit the lottery when my son was accepted.

Posted January 15, 2014
This is a fantastic school!!!! Believe me, I know what I'm saying, for personal rasons we moved our oldest child 4 times in 8 years from to school, all of them A+ schools, but nothing like PLC. Loving and caring enviroment with high education standars my dream come true...

Primary Learning Center 4

Posted September 18, 2013
Only giving it 4 stars because it's so early in the school year and we are new to the school. Parents reading should know about the academics. There is an emphasis on global education at this school. My 4 year old is learning about Asia and already telling me about customs there. The teacher sends a detailed email about classroom activity. She encourages us to play games, offers guidance on educational activities outside of homework. Only downside for me is the security. It's so tight I'm not able to see my child's classroom very often. It's going to take a while before we develop relationships with school staff because security is so tight. The PTA is raising money for technology tools.

Posted September 02, 2013
Our girls have been attending the PLC for 2 years now. They feel loved, cared for, and important. We still get the private school feel in a public setting because the school is fairly small. The administration and teachers know each and every single kids names which is quite impressive! My girls are reading above reading level and they love their teachers. We love the new and improved Formal Mondays - watching boys with little ties and dress shirts and our girls in formal attire...PRICELESS! Way to go PLC! Raising the bar once again!!!

Posted August 31, 2013
This is my son's first year at the Primary Learning Center and I love it!!! My husband and I were very impressed with how loving and welcoming everyone was. We are truly lucky to have won the lottery. I wouldn't choose any other school for our son! The administration, teachers, and staff have been very helpful from day 1.

Primary Learning Center 3

Posted August 24, 2013
There is a lot of hype about this school, but I am unimpressed thus far. This is my daughter's first year here (Pre-K) and the school seems unorganized and sterile. I don't sense warmth from faculty nor administration; a very important component during the primary years of learning. You are not permitted to walk your child to class or eat breakfast with them. This is just her first year, so I will see if there is more beyond the bells and whistles.

Posted May 01, 2013
I have been told by fellow teachers that Primary Learning Center is the best of the best at the level of Pre-k, k, 1st. and 2nd. grade

Posted September 16, 2012
I love the school so much. I ilke my friends and my teachers. (This is my kindergarten son's own opinion).

Primary Learning Center
1500 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL  33132
Last modified Primary Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-2. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Primary Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top