Mays Community Middle School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Some of the teachers are excellent, so are the magnet programs but they should consider taking the elective programs seriously. My child has dance but isn't magnet, they never dance which discourages even trying to improve and join magnet. Also teachers need to take initiative, if a student does poorly and you notice they still are after sending notes to parents, how about a phone call or email? Instead of doing the bare minimum as a teacher take the 5 secs to email a parent, maybe we aren't getting the notes, I accept that means my child doesn't bring them home, but if I am unaware I can't act on the issue.I mean here it is end of the year and I find out nothing was done for a quarter?! Is that even possible?! Why couldn't I be emailed or called? Not to mention they dont tell parents about the REAL issues this school is still having like arrested 7th graders because they got intoxicated on school premises, students who constantly cause fights or checking all students with metal detectors, these are serious matters we should be told about, honestly how serious is checking backpacks/lockers/ and actual students?? Something was up and we weren't informed!

Posted January 04, 2011
GO MRS.HOWARD AND MR.SCAVELLA WHOA FROM JANEL HYLTON AND ASHLEY KNIGHT SAID HEEEEEEEEEEEY Ms.GREEN AND MR>PARKER AND ROGERS AND WIGGINS AND EVERBODY IN STATER LAND HAHAHAHAH LOVE THIS SCHOOL

Posted March 19, 2010
ilovethis school but the magnet program need to imp[rove dont get me roung there all good students and have wonderful talents but the beginers should get chance to show there talent because some of those kids are actually there because that might be there dream like me am there because its my dream to be an actress thank you

Posted October 26, 2008
My child has been to that school and passed with the great help of those teachers that never stop trying!!!!!

Posted June 28, 2008

Posted April 09, 2008

Mays Community Middle School 4

Posted December 27, 2005
- a former student
The magnet programs at this school are EXCELLENT. You wouldn't have to worry about the quality of your childs education if he/she were enrolled in one of the magnet programs or advanced classes you can be sure your child is receive good quality education. Extracurricular activities help too. I have nothing but good memories from mays. I was envolved with nothing but good students and made the best of friends.

Mays Community Middle School 3

Posted April 21, 2005
Mays was an 'okay' school. Though, overcrowdedness was a slight problem. The students weren't really dedicated, but the teachers were wonderful. The Magnet Programs is what makes this school worth it.

Posted January 06, 2004
Mays middle is a great learning school.It's a very safe and discipline school. They have great programs before as well as after school that our kids could take advantage. Stop by sometimes an see for yourself, don't just take my word for it.

Mays Community Middle School
11700 SW 216th St, Miami, FL  33170
Last modified Mays Community Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mays Community Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top