Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Lefferts Gardens Charter School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 17, 2015
I would like to thank, all the teachers, staff and the school leader for all their hard work and commitment.

Posted December 17, 2015
Lefferts Garden Charter School is a great school! This school is a place where I feel a strong sense of community and diversity. The staff is very welcoming and knows my daughter by name. When I was looking into enrolling my daughter into a school. I wanted a school that was strong in science and math. In kindergarten, my daughter learned the process of taking observational field notes; to critically think, to read and articulate her self in a confident manner. These are sound skills she will need when entering into a progressive College University. My daughter is learning sign language, she knows environmental facts, the list goes on. I want my daughter to appreciate a STEM curriculum, as girls are under represented in this area. Lefferts Garden Charter School is giving my daughter that opportunity.

Posted November 18, 2015
Great school. The staff is very friendly and always taking care of the students, my son just started kindergarten and they all know him by his name.

Posted June 25, 2014
I love this school!!! My daughter, entered in Fall of 2013 in Kindergarten and after just 1 more day to the end of the term, she has improved incredibly. She went from not liking to read books to being very passionate about reading on her own; she reads to her dolls, for us and can even read and sound out big words in the bible. At this moment she's at a level I and forms excellent sentences, her penmanship is impeccable and gets better everyday. My daughter have serious food allergies and asthma, her teacher along with the school Nurse was like her school mummies, literally taking on the responsibility of having an EpiPen on school field trips and ever so caring overall. They encourage a healthy lifestyle; only nurtrional snacks are allowed. Ms Borge and Ms Castro are my teachers of the year! Kudos to them!!!

Lefferts Gardens Charter School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
This school is Horrible!! Behavior issues are a constant problem at this school. Teachers can't even teach because students are so disruptive. As a result, it takes away from important learning opportunities. The situation isn't being handled properly by the principal. My child needed to be evaluated in in order to qualify for special services. I kept calling the school but no one responded. The principal puts on a show for everyone, including myself. But in due time his true colors will show. He comes off as being very caring and concerned but he has a different agenda. He is a first year principal so he is out to better himself and no one else. At the end, the school and all of its teachers will suffer.

Posted February 13, 2014
Lefferts Gardens Charter School has been great, we moved from another state and we were welcomed with open arms. LGCS has exceeded my expectations. I am truly excited to have joimed with such a wonderful school. Science, mathematics, ASL, Arts and sports are just a few of the activities that he has experience. I am over excited to see what the years to come will bring to my young child.

Lefferts Gardens Charter School 4

Posted February 04, 2014
LGCS is a neighborhood charter school with an environmental science focus. Classes from K-3 are team-taught (ICT) and students have PE and recess every day. My son loves the science curriculum and field studies, which take students weekly to cultural partners including the Prospect Park Zoo, the NY Aquarium, the Queens Hall of Science, Old Richmond Town, and more. The school is new and has had some issues but seems to be on the right track this year with a new administration.

Lefferts Gardens Charter School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
My daughter entered for the fall 2013 kindergarden class. When i first heard about this school coming to Lefferts Gardens i was so excited. In the first couple of years i know they had some problems keeping a good school leader. But i believe they have found that in the new principal Michael WIndram. From listening to him speak you can see and feel that he his very passionate about teaching the kids. My daughter has blossomed even more since coming to LGCS. She looks forward each week to the fields they go on. I would definitely recommend this school to any neighborhood family. You won't regret it. My only wish is that the school went to the 8th grade.

Lefferts Gardens Charter School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
This school seems like a wonderful place to work and help students learn, however, the current administration is not too compassionate when it comes to the hiring process. I was invited in to do a demonstration lesson and interview for a full morning. As a person who is not familiar with the city one-way streets I took some wrong turns and got lost on the way to the school. After driving over two hours to get there and then struggling to find a parking spot outside the school building, I was turned away and not permitted to continue and be considered for the position. My entire weekend was spent on lesson plans and making charts and handouts, but my talents and abilities were not recognized or acknowledged.

Posted October 22, 2013
This school is improving each year as it progresses. They have a new principal, Michael Windram who is very hands-on and involved. Their Arts program is booming. They are in their 4th year and finally have a full time art teacher, Maude Wiltshire, who has implemented an outstanding art program. The teachers are very concerned about student progress and with 2 teachers per classroom a lot of work is accomplished every day. I am an excited parent and definitely recommend this school to neighborhood families.

Lefferts Gardens Charter School
601 Parkside Avenue, Brooklyn, NY  11226
Last modified Lefferts Gardens Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.